All-District/Region???

bearforce1

I’ll kick it off. All M7

RB- Lomax (Union), Houndschell (Abingdon), Jenkins (GC)

QB- Bunch (Union), should be O’Quin (RV), Cole (Abingdon)

WR- Beavers (RV), Jenkins (Union), McClanahan (Abingdon)

OL- Tough to pick these, A couple of Abingdon kids for sure.  Belcher (Central) at Center.  

I’ll leave the defense to a separate post.

Brody Meadows announced vis Twitter that he was selected for First Team US Army All-American! He will be inducted in Dallas & be there on signing day. That's a pretty elite accomplishment. I'm sure district, regional, & possibly state accolades are in his future as well. Congratulations to him! He's a fine young man & wish him all the best at UVA! 

Guys, I said this earlier. Why on earth is there even a discussion who is the region player of the year? I told you thst there's a kid flirting with All-American honors and he nailed it, first team All American. I stand by the previous post in that........it's not even CLOSE. The best football player in that region, the most dominant, the most game changing is Meadows, and he has a First Team All American honor to back that opinion, but.......just my opinion. If Region D has an overall POY thst doesn't say Meadows, it's a joke in my opinion. Think about this for a minute. First Team All American? How common is that in SWVA?  I get it, the award just doesn't go to a lineman, but when the lineman is a first team All American, you make the exception without hesitation.

No one argued in the last thread that meadows wasn’t the best player in the region. Argument was he may not win the mvp.  I would argue that if Lomax didn’t dress this year , that union may have lost 2/3 more games.  If beavers Doesn't dress I’m not sure if they don’t loose 1/2 games. Webb and Jenkins  the same for  their teams.  If meadows Doesn't play this season , I’m not so sure that the g men , wouldn’t still be undefeated.  No argument about who is best prospect , etc. Meadows has  the best accolades, and upside.   My only disagreement about it being a lock , was that someone like Bradshaw affects  the game in more ways than meadows.  Period.  Kicking game ,  occasional jet sweeps and the deep ball.  Also underrated at saving touchdowns. Webb had 3 returns  in the spring (3) in one game that were busted out past the 50 with one man to beat  (Bradshaw) and he  made all three stops or at least angled  him out of bounds.  Meadows wasn’t on the field. If one of those,  much  less 2 or 3 get returned.  Different ballgame.  Meadows very well may win award.  And it would be deserved.  I just said as a DC , Bradshaw keeps you up at night a little later.  Mix that with his effect on a game on special teams.   Oh. And someone said last year that “ if Bradshaw was dressed vs union in the playoffs , that the last play wouldn’t have taken place.   ? I was there and would agree .  So he isnt bad on D either.  Brody may be in the top 2/3 lineman in while state.  Once again. No knock on him. He is great.  But several of these local players are rivals 3 star. , under Armor all Americans , ranked nationally etc.   Brody has the best ceiling of all of them and  has  racked up the highest accolades , etc.  Just didn’t want Giles to act like I was ignorant to consider Bradshaw as my pick. It wasn’t to argue. If Bradshaw automatically affects the game when he breaks the huddle and he does.  . It should put him in  contention. .  

26 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

There are more important things for graham than who wins player of the year....or at least I hope there is

I don't think anyone from Graham is arguing that point. The most important thing for Graham at the moment is two days from now. 

mtn 7 

Qb- bunch / lambert 

Rb - hounshell / lomax / maybe boggs. 

(If) they do a FB- Satterfield, don’t think there’s an argument for anyone else 

WR - Jenkins Gc / Jenkins Un / Beevers no question / mclanahan  

TE - Davis / Ethan Mullins 

OT - Sturgill AB / mabe union / hawkins central 

OG - hamilton Un / Lucas Ab 

C - Belcher Central 

Utility - Jenkins Gate city no question  

For the record.  I’m a fan of both meadows and Bradshaw. .  The thread was about POY but I agree that their focus is on winning. .  Actually I’m a fan of all the good players in Swva.  Several good players on the field during these playoffs.  Lomax , Thomas , Jenkins , Webb , beavers , Harris, blevins ,  as well as the above mentioned players are rare. And your always gonna leave someone deserving off the short list but those players have been exceptional.  To have this many athletes in one season had been fun to watch.  I haven’t went back to the thread of the person who wasn’t impressed with meadows but geez.   How can you not. I’ve watched him probably 10 times and he always dominated his position. I can’t recall a more dominant lineman in the region in a long time. 

• 2 weeks later...

M7

Offensive player of the Year:
Zavier Lomax and Haynes Carter

1st Team Offense
QB - Cole Lambert - Abg
C - Drew Belcher - Cen
OL - Desean Lucas - Abg
OL- Logan Mullins - Cen
OL- Junior Lovell - Lee
OL - Jacob Hamilton - U
RB - Malique Hounshell - Abg
RB - Matthew Boggs -Cen
RB - Zavier Lomax - U
WR - Peyton McClanahan - Abg
WR - Haynes Carter - Abg
WR - Brandon Beavers - RV
TE - Tyson Tester - Cen 
K - Ricky Onate - Cen
All P - Carson Jenkins - GC
KR - Carson Jenkins - GC

M7

Defensive Player of the Year:
Tyson Tester and Desean Lucas

1st Team Defense
DL - Desean Lucas - Abg
DL - Tanner Jervis - U
DL - Caden Gibson - RV
DE - Daniel Hawkins - Cen
DE - Shane Deel - RV
LB - Logan Mullins - Cen
LB - Tyson Tester - Cen
LB - Cannon Hill - RV
LB - Zavier Lomax - U
DB - Bishop Cook - Abg
DB - Ethan Mullins - Cen
DB - Malachi Jenkins - U
DB - Braeden Church - Cen
P - Brandon Beavers - RV
PR - Ethan Mullins- Cen
All-P - Johnny Satterfield - U

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Cole Lambert over O'Quinn?? Lomax splitting OPOY? That's ridiculous. 

Lambert had a great season with Abingdon winning the MT7 and Region D......Also beat the piss out of RV.....so yah he was better than O'Quinn

36 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Lambert had a great season with Abingdon winning the MT7 and Region D......Also beat the piss out of RV.....so yah he was better than O'Quinn

Wise beat the piss out of Union, does that mean the Central RB was better? The first team QB should go to to the best QB in the district. Go look at the numbers O'Quinn put up. 

And how do you justify Carter splitting POY and not Beavers? Just bc AHS won M7 doesn't mean they deserve all the awards.you

40 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Don't know much about Lucas on defense at Abingdon, but he must have been darn good to get co-DPOY with Tester, because I watched Central 2 times, and it seemed liked Tester made 2 out of every 3 tackles both games.

Lucas was an absolute force on that Abingdon DL, I could see him sharing it with Tester, who I think is an incredible LB. Always around the ball.  Abingdon was very well represented on this list.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Wise beat the piss out of Union, does that mean the Central RB was better? The first team QB should go to to the best QB in the district. Go look at the numbers O'Quinn put up. 

And how do you justify Carter splitting POY and not Beavers? Just bc AHS won M7 doesn't mean they deserve all the awards.you

I think the Central RB was on the list...so maybe he was.
Please share the numbers for O'Quinn, I can't find any info for his season stats.
I found this article for stats on Lambert prior to LCA defeat. https://newsadvance.com/sports/high-school/with-memories-of-last-years-state-semifinal-loss-lca-confident-it-can-push-its-way/article_441cfb16-54a0-11ec-a188-3379249dc609.html

"Quarterback Cole Lambert has thrown for 1,677 yards and 18 touchdowns. Six-foot-1 receiver Haynes Carter has caught 38 passes for 981 yards (25.8 yards per reception)"

Ryan O’Quinn Freshman stats 190 completions 307 attempts 2460 passing yards 26 TD 11 INT  450 rushing yards 6 TD   
Brandon Beavers 58 rec 1110 yards 16 TD and double teamed always sometimes 3 guys.  
Koda Counts 59 rec 546 yards 3 TD
Cannon Hill 54 rec 751 yards 8 TD 613 yds rushing 14 TD 2 passing TD 235 KR yards 1 TD 

Also Abingdon is 3A