All-District/Region???

bearforce1

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I agree with the players, and I don't think you could go wrong with Warner or Patterson for COY. Maybe Warner got the nod because Patterson had a lot more talent to work with than TS.

I do think Warner gets the nod.  No one expected that whereas Patterson achieved the expected considering his talent level.

5 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I just read that.  Anyone else feel like they got it right more so than the coaches?  O’Quinn was best QB in the area…only Blevins at his level and I think O’Quinn is a better passer now and equal the runner Blevins is.  Carter as OPOY is what is wrong with the political coaches BS.  Times voted him 2nd team.

Tazewell’s quarterback Carter Creasy gets overlooked in the QB discussion due to team record but his stats were: 

Completed 234 of 363 passes for 2982 yards and 29 TD & had 124 carries for 690 yards 7 TD

42 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Tazewell’s quarterback Carter Creasy gets overlooked in the QB discussion due to team record but his stats were: 

Completed 234 of 363 passes for 2982 yards and 29 TD & had 124 carries for 690 yards 7 TD

Agree. I’ve watched both of them.  Creasey has a bit of hitch in his throwing mechanics that makes me think he might be almost maxed out on arm strength.  He shot puts it with a low release arm slot.  Looks like he isn’t asked to throw down field too often (40+ yards).  I give the nod to O’Quin in part because his mechanics are better and his frame is a year or so ahead of Creasey.  Additionally O’Quin can be a punishing runner when needed.  The kid will be around 6’3”, 210 his senior year and I bet he runs for +1000 yards and signs D-1 FBS.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, SwvaOG said:

Agree. I’ve watched both of them.  Creasey has a bit of hitch in his throwing mechanics that makes me think he might be almost maxed out on arm strength.  He shot puts it with a low release arm slot.  Looks like he isn’t asked to throw down field too often (40+ yards).  I give the nod to O’Quin in part because his mechanics are better and his frame is a year or so ahead of Creasey.  Additionally O’Quin can be a punishing runner when needed.  The kid will be around 6’3”, 210 his senior year and I bet he runs for +1000 yards and signs D-1 FBS.

Agree, he has some work to do. The good thing is they both have 3 years to grow. 

I looked through Creasy’s Twitter followers. He has 3-4 college coaches following him, including Wake Forest’s offensive coordinator, which should be a good sign for the future. 

Saw something a second ago and now my curiosity has got the best of me. One of my buddies shared a post off Lee football’s Facebook congratulating a bunch of their players for being m7 all district picks, but according to the list on this thread most those kids weren’t selected for anything or they were being listed as being first team when they were second, etc. just curious as to which is accurate? Although I know which one appeared to be more accurate (not their Facebook). Just confused, which doesn’t take alot ha. Almost like they just made their own district team. 

6 minutes ago, elefan said:

One of my buddies shared a post off Lee football’s Facebook congratulating a bunch of their players for being m7 all district picks, but according to the list on this thread most those kids weren’t selected for anything or they were being listed as being first team. Almost like they just made their own district team. 

It sounds like Lee might have made its own playoff rules.. If Lee can somehow rise from the ashes by losing to GC and having a worse district record, but then somehow make the playoffs, then certainly their capable of placing 11 guys on offense as first teamers in the M7. Heck, they might erect a 2021 State Championship banner down there.

14 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

It sounds like Lee might have made its own playoff rules.. If Lee can somehow rise from the ashes by losing to GC and having a worse district record, but then somehow make the playoffs, then certainly their capable of placing 11 guys on offense as first teamers in the M7. Heck, they might erect a 2021 State Championship banner down there.

Great points! I was really rooting for Lee to have a better season because I followed and liked their new coach when he was at Marion, but I definitely didn’t agree with their playoff trip over GC.

i hate to make jokes about them, but it wasn’t just one typo, it was an entire misrepresentation of the actual team and the sad part is that I think some people don’t know the difference. If they know anything about it football they’re probably scratching their heads right now though. I know that everyone will never agree on who belongs on a selected team like that, but their (made up) “team” was just comical. Who does that? 

On 12/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, SwvaOG said:

It’ll be fun to watch them two play against each other their junior and senior years 

On 12/14/2021 at 11:53 PM, elefan said:

Great points! I was really rooting for Lee to have a better season because I followed and liked their new coach when he was at Marion, but I definitely didn’t agree with their playoff trip over GC.

i hate to make jokes about them, but it wasn’t just one typo, it was an entire misrepresentation of the actual team and the sad part is that I think some people don’t know the difference. If they know anything about it football they’re probably scratching their heads right now though. I know that everyone will never agree on who belongs on a selected team like that, but their (made up) “team” was just comical. Who does that? 

Maybe somepeople  think it should work that way, but that's not the way it works.  Agree or not, abingdon IS IN the m7 district. that was the official team (i actually happened to see it in the newspaper this morning).  Let's say what you're saying is true, who decides which one of those boys from second team moves up to first team when abingdon is omitted from the list? i get the issue of choosing region, but that doesn't change the actual team, lol.  i honestly don't care, i just asked for clarification. but now i'm baffled. but i get it, that's what their coaches/parents told them to make them feel better i guess. should we give them a participation trophy too? i'm not trying to be rude to you, but if that's how lee is actually looking at it then that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard lately.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, elefan said:

Maybe somepeople  think it should work that way, but that's not the way it works.  Agree or not, abingdon IS IN the m7 district. that was the official team (i actually happened to see it in the newspaper this morning).  Let's say what you're saying is true, who decides which one of those boys from second team moves up to first team when abingdon is omitted from the list? i get the issue of choosing region, but that doesn't change the actual team, lol.  i honestly don't care, i just asked for clarification. but now i'm baffled. but i get it, that's what their coaches/parents told them to make them feel better i guess. should we give them a participation trophy too? i'm not trying to be rude to you, but if that's how lee is actually looking at it then that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard lately.

1 hour ago, 276 for the win said:

I am not sure if this is the case or not in this instance, but I believe Abingdon players mess with the official all district teams that are sent on for region ranking. For example if an Abingdon kid is 1st team at a position then when kids are ranked at 2D region meetings the next in line get bumped up a rank. So the 2nd team kids would become 1st team. I believe this has been an issue the last couple of years at multiple places.

I gotcha. Wasn't trying to be  ugly to you. Just saying IF that is how they arrived at their pretend team, then that is pretty sad

16 hours ago, elefan said:

Saw something a second ago and now my curiosity has got the best of me. One of my buddies shared a post off Lee football’s Facebook congratulating a bunch of their players for being m7 all district picks, but according to the list on this thread most those kids weren’t selected for anything or they were being listed as being first team when they were second, etc. just curious as to which is accurate? Although I know which one appeared to be more accurate (not their Facebook). Just confused, which doesn’t take alot ha. Almost like they just made their own district team. 

Usually don’t post but I’m kinda fed up. I’ve got kids that go to lee. so I wouldn’t doubt for a second that some of our parents would pull something like that. They’d just make something up before they’d admit that their baby didn’t do as good as they wanted them to. And if they’re gonna rig it to suit them then seems to me like they left off some boys!  It’s embarrassing to tell ya the truth. I’d be ashamed to be telling everyone and sharing it online when I knew It was really Bs. we’re the laughing stock of the area as usual. I’ve bit my tongue for a long time because my kid wanted me to. I’ve held off taking my kid to tw because I heard good things about the new coach. I like him but at least at tw coach Johnson won’t sugar coat things.