All-District/Region???

bearforce1

I think Tester has a good chance of being Region D D-POY as well not seen the Lucas kids play much myself..Tester can play anywhere on D I've seen him the S-CB - MLB-OLB .. play them all at a high level seems like hes in on every tackle breaks on the ball great always in the right place at the right time.. i know he had at least 6 INT'S last year in 6 games.. not sure how many he finished with this season.. 

4 minutes ago, #BDDClockKeeper said:

I think Tester has a good chance of being Region D D-POY as well not seen the Lucas kids play much myself..Tester can play anywhere on D I've seen him the S-CB - MLB-OLB .. play them all at a high level seems like hes in on every tackle breaks on the ball great always in the right place at the right time.. i know he had at least 6 INT'S last year in 6 games.. not sure how many he finished with this season.. 

I think that’s probably Blevins from Graham.

58 minutes ago, bluewolf said:

Ryan O’Quinn Freshman stats 190 completions 307 attempts 2460 passing yards 26 TD 11 INT  450 rushing yards 6 TD   
Brandon Beavers 58 rec 1110 yards 16 TD and double teamed always sometimes 3 guys.  
Koda Counts 59 rec 546 yards 3 TD
Cannon Hill 54 rec 751 yards 8 TD 613 yds rushing 14 TD 2 passing TD 235 KR yards 1 TD 

Also Abingdon is 3A

True, but Abingdon is in the district. They were also clearly the best team in the district. I like O’Quinn a lot, but as a previous poster said Abingdon beat the snot out of RV.

22 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

True, but Abingdon is in the district. They were also clearly the best team in the district. I like O’Quinn a lot, but as a previous poster said Abingdon beat the snot out of RV.

But that doesn't automatically mean the QB was better. The Abingdon QB had a fantastic season, as did Carter. But Beavers dwarfed Carter's numbers and O'Quinn had better numbers than Lambert. 

Cole Lambert: 1,677 yards, 18 TD, ? INT

Carter: 38-981-? TD

O'Quinn: 190-307, 62% comp, 2,460 yards, 26 TD 11 INT, 450 rush, 6 TD. So 32 total TD

Beavers: 58-1110-16 TD. 19.1 YPC

Sixteen! That's more than one per game. How do you justify putting any WR ahead of him? 

And @foosballer mentioning that Centrals RB was possibly better than Lomax because his team won H2H is hilarious. Check the numbers. 

Jake Calzotta beat Bryce Young and Bama H2H, was Calzotta better just bc his team won?

40 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I liked watching Satterfield and understand he's back next year. Reminds me a lot of some players we've had in Pearisburg over the years. Tough as nails and not that big, but all heart.

What he lacks in size he makes up for in muscle mass. Kid is shredded to the gills 

Fact: abingdon is in the district and their players deserve some  attention also.  Is it right? No, not on the same scale.  Easier said than done,  get better and learn to overcome and compete.  They still only play 11 at a time.  

Fact: O'Quinn numbers great, but their lack of a solid run game accounted for most of his attempts, just as tazewell.  Still incredible numbers that exceeded anyone else, should be #1. 

Fact: the most talented list of skill guys in 10 years. H2H should determine a lot when you're talking db vs wr, or rb vs lb, not qb vs qb. Stats are all you have but if you don't perform vs district games then your stats vs hogo, bd, and Cumberland don't mean squat. Just the same,  your starters vs everyone's jv late in a blowout/shootout don't count for much but if you're into moral victories then buy your own awards. Defense had just as many tough kids with great stats so I'd hate to have to be the coaches lobbying for awards. 

Great season,  everyone is bringing more to the table each year and it's beginning to get to where almost everyone is competing and on a given night,  anyone's game.  Things aren't as simple as they used to be when everyone was is a running formation. 

When our region can produce state contenders, you can't ask much more.  In the end,  to the victor goes the spoils. 

Most everyone on here is in direct contact with these young athletes. Encourage all these kids to become better athletes, season by season.  Weights, track, baseball, soccer, etc. If they learn to work and compete,  they'll always represent. 

I figured they wouldn’t have the courage to vote in O’Quin as first team.  Without Cole, Abingdon still makes playoffs and wins M7.  Without O’Quin RV loses 5-6 games this year.

Also: “ We need to bracket and press that Haynes Carter. If we can control him we have a shot to beat Abingdon.” Said no one, ever.  Once again…..you cannot, in any stretch of the imagination, say anyone in M7 is a better WR.  I hope the RV coaches raised hell.

Lomax was cheated of the award that he won outright.  This one bothers me the most.  Shameful and shame on every coach that voted that way.

41 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Fact: abingdon is in the district and their players deserve some  attention also.  Is it right? No, not on the same scale.  Easier said than done,  get better and learn to overcome and compete.  They still only play 11 at a time.  

Fact: O'Quinn numbers great, but their lack of a solid run game accounted for most of his attempts, just as tazewell.  Still incredible numbers that exceeded anyone else, should be #1. 

Fact: the most talented list of skill guys in 10 years. H2H should determine a lot when you're talking db vs wr, or rb vs lb, not qb vs qb. Stats are all you have but if you don't perform vs district games then your stats vs hogo, bd, and Cumberland don't mean squat. Just the same,  your starters vs everyone's jv late in a blowout/shootout don't count for much but if you're into moral victories then buy your own awards. Defense had just as many tough kids with great stats so I'd hate to have to be the coaches lobbying for awards. 

Great season,  everyone is bringing more to the table each year and it's beginning to get to where almost everyone is competing and on a given night,  anyone's game.  Things aren't as simple as they used to be when everyone was is a running formation. 

When our region can produce state contenders, you can't ask much more.  In the end,  to the victor goes the spoils. 

Most everyone on here is in direct contact with these young athletes. Encourage all these kids to become better athletes, season by season.  Weights, track, baseball, soccer, etc. If they learn to work and compete,  they'll always represent. 

Cole gets it because he is a senior.  RV went the the third round of the playoffs and were led by a Fr QB who didn’t have a running game….even more of a reason he earned it. Cole guided his team to the expectations but O’Quin EXCEEDED his AND put up far better numbers AND was a much better runner as well.

Carter never faced the coverage that Beavers did.  I bet if the DCs voted he wouldn’t have won.  This one wasn’t close.  The kid was his team’s third best option behind the very good running back and McClanahan.  That was an Abingdon coach stomping his foot for his senior player.  

15 hours ago, bluewolf said:

Ryan O’Quinn Freshman stats 190 completions 307 attempts 2460 passing yards 26 TD 11 INT  450 rushing yards 6 TD   
Brandon Beavers 58 rec 1110 yards 16 TD and double teamed always sometimes 3 guys.  
Koda Counts 59 rec 546 yards 3 TD
Cannon Hill 54 rec 751 yards 8 TD 613 yds rushing 14 TD 2 passing TD 235 KR yards 1 TD 

Also Abingdon is 3A

What were Carson Jenkins stats compared to Cannon Hills for all purpose? Cause those are monster numbers from hill

56 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

What were Carson Jenkins stats compared to Cannon Hills for all purpose? Cause those are monster numbers from hill

Great point.  I think Jenkins’ KR yards probably set him apart.  But I would think Hill scored more TDs.  I definitely believe the RV boys were screwed a bit here. Additionally, this shows there is a bit of a senior bias. 

I judge a player on how they performed against their best opponents. Let's be honest some teams in the M7 were really crappy on defense this year and allowed some huge numbers to be put up. Let's not even talk about the 1A teams playing the M7.

You want to compare numbers look at the big games and how players performed and throw the rest out.  

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

With what RV has coming back according to this board, Beavers is going to go whacko next year. Kind of did that this year.

They do return all but one kid if I remember correctly and if the program is correct.  I’d love to see that staff up there get the Beavers kid the ball more.   There was one game…can’t remember…where the other teams announcer was asking why they don’t throw it to him more.  Lol.

4 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Great point.  I think Jenkins’ KR yards probably set him apart.  But I would think Hill scored more TDs.  I definitely believe the RV boys were screwed a bit here. Additionally, this shows there is a bit of a senior bias. 

There’s always senior & well known players bias. Last season Trenton Adkins won defensive region player of the year but only played in 4 games. Not saying he wasn’t deserving, but did he have the stats that some of the guys that played in 7-8 games did? 

56 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

They do return all but one kid if I remember correctly and if the program is correct.  I’d love to see that staff up there get the Beavers kid the ball more.   There was one game…can’t remember…where the other teams announcer was asking why they don’t throw it to him more.  Lol.

Honestly all district is a horse trader game of you vote for mine and I will vote for yours with coaches that have relationships with other coaches getting the benefit more times than not.

O'quin Not getting 1st team is all but admitting that the 1st team QB would go to the QB of the team that wins district. (I mean just under 2,500 yards and 26 TD are Monster numbers for anyone much less a freshman)

Lomax having to share the POY award is a matter of saying the district winner must have the POY as well

Beavers is a great WR no doubt I believe he was the #1 receiver in the M7 this year and the #2 in the region IMHO 

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Needs to install some of those Bradshaw like jet sweeps for Beavers next year which has been effective for Graham.

21 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Needs to install some of those Bradshaw like jet sweeps for Beavers next year which has been effective for Graham.

I Like the Jet and Rocket Plays to flesh out there run game. (Fewer dives) 

27 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

And 3 or 4 games he only played 2 quarters

Yeah…but I think it’s fair to say that also applied to a lot of the other skill kids.  Abingdon and RV ran away with a lot of games as well limiting their skill kids. Someone mentioned earlier that Bradshaw and Beavers scored a TD once every three touches.  That’s insane!

18 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Yeah…but I think it’s fair to say that also applied to a lot of the other skill kids.  Abingdon and RV ran away with a lot of games as well limiting their skill kids. Someone mentioned earlier that Bradshaw and Beavers scored a TD once every three touches.  That’s insane!

I agree with all that. I hope for next year RV can develop some sort of running game. I think one of the problems this year may have been the way the line was coached. Not in a bad way, but teams kill the runs quickly with penetration, But when they passed, the line was good all year. I found that to be strange for this area, as it’s usually the other way around.

11 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I agree with all that. I hope for next year RV can develop some sort of running game. I think one of the problems this year may have been the way the line was coached. Not in a bad way, but teams kill the runs quickly with penetration, But when they passed, the line was good all year. I found that to be strange for this area, as it’s usually the other way around.

I am not sure what the yards per game or per play was rushing wise but I bet that it was not that bad I think the big issue with the RV running attack was that there were too many negative yard plays I THINK more sweeps and more speed option plays will help but I think RV should be putting the ball in there Receivers hands 75 to 80% of the time until teams adjust and start giving RV the numbers advantage in the box.

That being said I think that RV also needs to work on a short yardage set for times that they need to grind out a 1st down near the end of the game or punch it in from the 2. I know the wildcat look was there short yardage formation but i think it need work

3 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

I wasn't taking anything away from the others I was referring to unions weak schedule keeping Lomax from getting much playing time in the second half