Playoff Updates - Week 3.

Real Sasquatch

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I gotta say, the way KW keeps rolling and seemingly getting better each week, that anyone beating them may be considered an upset. 

I'm questioning the quality of the opponents nottoway has played to be undefeated. No doubt KW is good but this is a whuppin.

Just now, BigWinners said:

I gotta say, the way KW keeps rolling and seemingly getting better each week, that anyone beating them may be considered an upset. 

I said the same thing a couple of months ago when they put up 64ish on Lafayette.  That's all I needed to read.  Don't need to see em, don't need to know anything else.  If you are a Class 2 team and you do that, you are a frontrunner for the state title.  They are right there with Graham and Appo.  I've watched em twice.  Huge size up front on the DL and speed everywhere, both the RB and now, the QB is Div 1.  QB has FCS offers.  They are loaded with speed, size, and athleticism. 

Just now, CPF said:

I'm questioning the quality of the opponents nottoway has played to be undefeated. No doubt KW is good but this is a whuppin.

And that's part two.  Nottoway plays a weak schedule and Nottoway is poorly coached, I know, undefeated, but they are actually not well coached.   They have talent everywhere, all over the field like King William, but they play a weak schedule against weak teams that are also poorly coached.  

6 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I said the same thing a couple of months ago when they put up 64ish on Lafayette.  That's all I needed to read.  Don't need to see em, don't need to know anything else.  If you are a Class 2 team and you do that, you are a frontrunner for the state title.  They are right there with Graham and Appo.  I've watched em twice.  Huge size up front on the DL and speed everywhere, both the RB and now, the QB is Div 1.  QB has FCS offers.  They are loaded with speed, size, and athleticism. 

The RB, Claiborne,  can run over you or run around you.  If he gets past the line of scrimmage, he is very hard to bring down and has surprising speed for his size.  The QB is a very good athlete as well and as you stated, a lot of speed at the skill positions. Some very, very good teams left in 2A in Virginia.  They do have good size on the DL, but they are a little slow, IMO.  The linebackers and DB's more then make up for any lack of speed on the DL.

5 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

And that's part two.  Nottoway plays a weak schedule and Nottoway is poorly coached, I know, undefeated, but they are actually not well coached.   They have talent everywhere, all over the field like King William, but they play a weak schedule against weak teams that are also poorly coached.  

Lol

7 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

The James River District that they play in is extremely weak.  Prince Edward, Cumberland, Randolph Henry, etc...  They beat a weak Amelia team in the playoffs, who made it to the 2nd round via forfeit.  Not saying that Nottoway isn't a decent team, but they have benefited from an extremely weak schedule.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Kinda like Narz down this way, I suppose.

The first time we went to a game at Maryville back in the 90's, there were a few guys that had hats that said Murville.