Playoff Updates - Week 3.

Real Sasquatch

21 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Congratulations GMen! Hats off to Ridgeview! Their QB is going to be something really special. There’s a lot of talent on that team…much respect Wolfpack! This will not be the last time the Wolfpack sees the playoffs or a Regional Championship game! Now, GMen, please beat Appo! 

Gonna have to come ready for a dog fight. Appomattox going to give us everything they have. 

13 minutes ago, graham32 said:

Gonna have to come ready for a dog fight. Appomattox going to give us everything they have. 

They will be well prepared and hard to stop.  I'm hoping that both Blevins and Clements will be healthy for next saturday's game.

38 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Congratulations GMen! Hats off to Ridgeview! Their QB is going to be something really special. There’s a lot of talent on that team…much respect Wolfpack! This will not be the last time the Wolfpack sees the playoffs or a Regional Championship game! Now, GMen, please beat Appo! 

No offense to Union, Central, Va High, Tazewell, or Richlands fans, but it's likely these two meet again next year in the Region Title Game considering what Ridgeview returns and what Graham returns (even with the loss of Bradshaw and Meadows and Blevins) it's what Graham adds that will make them another region title contender.  

3 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

No offense to Union, Central, Va High, Tazewell, or Richlands fans, but it's likely these two meet again next year in the Region Title Game considering what Ridgeview returns and what Graham returns (even with the loss of Bradshaw and Meadows and Blevins) it's what Graham adds that will make them another region title contender.  

Graham has a lot of talented 9th and 10th graders, they should be a handful again next season.  Lot of speed and talent returning.

1 hour ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Final Score.  Graham 49, Ridgeview 21.  

Graham to host Appomattox in the State Semi's Next Weekend.

Holston will host Galax in the State Semi's Next Weekend.

Holston hosted Galax last year.  Pretty sure D goes to C this year.

6 hours ago, -oo- said:

Not sure. As electric as he is on the football field I think he's twice as electric on the basketball court.

Damn really? I've seen him in person on the field but not the court.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:55 PM, Liam McPoyle said:

Bu-Bu-But if it wasn't Akers' coaching, that would mean it was Gate City's lack of talent. Explain this blasphemy!

Chris Akers could win the state championship at Holston this year and have his name in the record book for all eternity and have a nice ring in his mantle to shine forever but his name would still be the scum of the earth in Gate City.   I don’t know him as a coach. I really don’t.  All I know is that people can’t stand to hear his name.  People have PTSD flashbacks at the sound of the syllables of the sound of his name in Gate City.  
I have read look at what he inherited.  If any person inherited a program like he did they would be good to.  
Well I have seen some coaches come into good programs and rip them to shreds because they didn’t have a clue about the sport they were coaching yet they were hailed as the next greatest thing. 
And for those with short memories I’ve also seen coaches come in and inherit programs from other successful coaches and do well and never have the former coach leave per se. So does that mean the coach that took over wasn’t that good either?   Was he not up to the job that other coaches couldn’t let him do his own thing?  Funny how short some people’s memories are about things. 
And going off the comment about looking at what Akers inherited at Holston.  
Ok. He inherited a program at Fort Chiswell and went 4-3 in a covid year.  His first year. Not bad really.  Before that he inherited Gate City’s program and had a decent year the first year and 2-18 after that.  So he inherited a lot of players.  And going off the comment of what he inherited sounds like people are upset to find out maybe some of their kids were below average?  Maybe it wasn’t all Akers as it was the DNA received by the players during conception. 
Because going by what I’ve read Holston must have some parents that used to play for the Hokies or the Vols or somebody because he definitely wasn’t much of a man for that job considering what he did here. 
Sounds like if GC needs some football players they need to go mate with some residents of Damascus.  Give a new meaning to the “Creep”er Trail. Lol  I don’t know the guy as a coach.  I really don’t. But maybe people need to get their DNA and ego in check before they want to get another coach.