Appomattox/Graham II, Electric Boogaloo

Deleted Account

9 minutes ago, graham32 said:

What is your thoughts you have been pretty correct in your guesses? 

I think Graham breaks open a deadlocked game in the 3rd to win by 10-14, ending the Appomattox dominance over SWVA schools.  Graham advances to Salem to face King William, who is the East’s best chance at a champ in a long, long time.

I'm a bit worried about Blevins getting dinged up today and Clements going out late.  If both are healthy, I say it will be a hard fought game and I like Grahams chances.  Can't have 3 personal fouls and a bunch of penalties like today. I believe this team has a better chance to beat Appo then the 2019 team, they are more balanced and better overall on defense (even though Graham had those 2 outstanding linebackers in 2019).

13 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'm a bit worried about Blevins getting dinged up today and Clements going out late.  If both are healthy, I say it will be a hard fought game and I like Grahams chances.  Can't have 3 personal fouls and a bunch of penalties like today. I believe this team has a better chance to beat Appo then the 2019 team, they are more balanced and better overall on defense (even though Graham had those 2 outstanding linebackers in 2019).

There was an interview with Blevins you can see in the article on the bristol herald courier story of the game. He should be OK, he has a hematoma that got hit and was causing a lot of pain. Hopefully another week it will be fine.

35 minutes ago, CPF said:

There was an interview with Blevins you can see in the article on the bristol herald courier story of the game. He should be OK, he has a hematoma that got hit and was causing a lot of pain. Hopefully another week it will be fine.

I hope so, I don’t like to see any player hurt on our team or the other team. I hate Gage Sawyers got injured. He had improved so much this season. Sending positive thoughts for Zach Blevins & Clements. Hopefully , both heal up by Saturday. 

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hope so, I don’t like to see any player hurt on our team or the other team. I hate Gage Sawyers got injured. He had improved so much this season. Sending positive thoughts for Zach Blevins & Clements. Hopefully , both heal up by Saturday. 

I was impressed by the play of the freshman, Isabelle in his absence at Linebacker.  Also, another freshman. Omari Hill played great on the DL.  That kid is going to be a special player 

10 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I was impressed by the play of the freshman, Isabelle in his absence at Linebacker.  Also, another freshman. Omari Hill played great on the DL.  That kid is going to be a special player 

Graham has some freshmen who have really contributed this year. They’re going to be fun to watch the next three years. I know the Seniors get most of the accolades but some of the freshmen & sophomores are having pretty good seasons too.

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I think Graham wins by 2 TDs.  Appomattox is still a great program but this isn't the same Appo of 3-5 years ago.  Nevermind I can't seem to pick a game right Appomattox dominates won't be close at all

I feel the same way. I use to be good at predicting games and would even be right on the money with what the scores would be but this year has been wild for me especially predicting games with teams from Region 2D….

Well the bad luck for SWVA has to end at some point.  
Someone above said it right when they said this Appo team ain’t what the other teams were and surely ain’t what the 15,16 team was. Out of all 5 teams, this team ain’t them. They are good obviously, but we will see just how good. 
They will come to Bluefield ready play and Coach Smith will have them well prepared. If Graham is looking past them Bluefield won’t be a happy town come Saturday night. 

Appomattox is loaded with talent and coached very well.  They have been there before and are a tough bunch.  It should  be a great game.  I'm not going to be Jedi-mind tricked into thinking that Graham is the favorite.  Graham is the underdog in this game.  They are going up against a program that has won 5 of the last 6 state tutles in 2A.  

Since 2015 and on i have said the C vs D game was probably the true State Championship game. Omitting the spring season we had i stil feel that way. I never have a good feeling when Appo plays region D teams, all of them are very tough outs year after year. Appo will come prepared and coach Smith's hawk eyes will spot things not too many others will notice and he will adjust as needed. Appo does not have the big talent of the past few years but we do have a squad of PO1 players that are coachable or else they would not be this far into playoffs. I look for a very close game and the win by only 3 points for either team. Appo will travel and bring a home team atmosphere to Bluefield for our players. 

35 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Graham is favorite for sure.

That’s ok, maybe the Raiders will take the underdog role as a challenge. 

Haha…Graham is definitely the underdog. Appomattox is defending state champions and beat Graham the last time they met in 2019. Graham will take the underdog role and hopefully bring their best A game on Saturday. They will need it to beat the Raiders. Blevins is the big ? right now. Hoping he’ll be okay but he seems really hurt and was in a great deal of pain. Kudos to that kid, he fought through it. Tougher than a lot of grown men I know.