Appomattox/Graham II, Electric Boogaloo

Deleted Account

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Not so sure Appo didn't impress me any at all.  Graham just went conservative second half.

Haven't seen Central but wasn't impressed with Ridgeview. They had one decent quarter against Graham. Appo has more speed and way more athletes. Graham is the only team from this region who was capable of knocking them off. If Appo didn't kick to Bradshaw things may be different.

42 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I agree I think Central and Ridgeview also could beat them.  If Graham wasn't so conservative starting with 2 to go in first half they win by 4 TDs

If Graham can tackle like they did against Appomattox and cover like they did against Ridgeview they will bring the state championship to Bluefield. 

54 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Haven't seen Central but wasn't impressed with Ridgeview. They had one decent quarter against Graham. Appo has more speed and way more athletes. Graham is the only team from this region who was capable of knocking them off. If Appo didn't kick to Bradshaw things may be different.

“May” being the key word. 

56 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

You are reaching. Graham moved the ball better than Appo in this game. If they don't kick to him, Graham would start possessions near mid field, and that would further limit Appos possessions

14 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You are reaching. Graham moved the ball better than Appo in this game. If they don't kick to him, Graham would start possessions near mid field, and that would further limit Appos possessions

Either way I don't think Central or Ridgeview would beat Appomattox no disrespect to them. That's all I'm saying.

19 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Either way I don't think Central or Ridgeview would beat Appomattox no disrespect to them. That's all I'm saying.

Appo isn't beating Central by 25.  They have a good run defense which Appo loves to do and Central eats the clock up to limit possessions.  We'll never no though.  I could see them beating Ridgeview like that because you never know which team will show but if Ridgeview played like they're capable of I could see them hanging with them.  

10 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think Appo beats em both by 14 points, but just my take.

That projection site said Appo 35-27 over RV in a hypothetical.  After watching the game today, that looks about right.

I’m somewhat surprised that nary an Appomattox fan posting here has offered so much as a “good game” or other cordiality after today’s game, especially since 5 hours is plenty of time to eat and return home.  Given all the “aw shucks, we’re the underdog” posts, it kinda seems like false humility…

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’m somewhat surprised that nary an Appomattox fan posting here has offered so much as a “good game” or other cordiality after today’s game, especially since 5 hours is plenty of time to eat and return home.  Given all the “aw shucks, we’re the underdog” posts, it kinda seems like false humility…

HahahHahah

On 12/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, Real Sasquatch said:

In that case, we need to be friends.  Food and drink are my specialty.  I wish you safe travels sir and I truly hope you enjoy the trip.  Looking forward to  a good football game between two great programs.

Not sure why it’s making me quote the above but… lol

Congrats to y’all. It was obvious y’all had the team to win and like I said before we were the underdogs with y’all being at home and undefeated. 
No crying about officiating, y’all just beat us. 
In saying that I think we had a chance to win the game but we came up short. I thought in second half we made adjustments to stop you run better but you line verse ours was simply the difference. 
Bradshaw…. Well he was the difference maker. 
Your QB was playing in obvious pain so kudos for thst.

I will say that in pregame I was disappointed in some of the actions I was seeing. That Im sure Graham fans would be be proud of. Won’t say numbers of the kids but it wasn’t appropriate. 

I knew we were good enough to get  to this game but knew getting past this game would take perfection and a little luck. 
Good luck next week. 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:48 AM, Gridiron60 said:

I agree with @Real Sasquatch, we definitely need to be friends if you’re the food & drink guy. Seriously, safe travels & look forward to a great game! 

44 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Congrats to y’all. It was obvious y’all had the team to win and like I said before we were the underdogs with y’all being at home and undefeated. 
In saying that I think we had a chance to win the game but we came up short. I thought in second half we made adjustments to stop you run better but you line verse ours was simply the difference. 

I will say that in pregame I was disappointed in some of the actions I was seeing. That Im sure Graham fans would be be proud of. Won’t say numbers of the kids but it wasn’t appropriate. 

I knew we were good enough to get  to this game but knew getting past this game would take perfection and a little luck. 
Good luck next week. 

I thought all in all, the officiating was okay. I’ve seen much worse. Appo played well and those boys are tough. That one kid y’all have is like lightning on the field. That kid needs recruited heavily. 

I think the real difference in the game was Graham’s defense & the adjustments made throughout the game. Our QB is actually missed more on defense. He’s an unbelievable linebacker. If he was full strength playing healthy, your QB probably would have had a very bad day and any outside runs likely stopped. 

As far as inappropriate behavior by Graham players, sorry about that. I didn’t catch anything they did during pregame but I was watching both teams. Maybe they were still fuming about y’all getting to practice on their home field without the coaches even knowing but for the gatekeeper. No excuse for bad behavior though.

Great game, great teams, great coaches, great fans…hope we meet again!  

3 hours ago, BoBob said:

Good luck next week. 

They may have been worked up from some of Appo’s bands antics in blocking the bus.

8 hours ago, BoBob said:

Good luck next week. 

My understanding was there was a female heckling the kids in warm ups. She was yelling at kids about bad passes and dropped passes so a couple kids made an "inappropriate" comments about her and a few others.  Secondhand info, so I know nothing as fact just hearsay from a couple people the kids talked to.

1 hour ago, T8KNDookeez said:

My understanding was there was a female heckling the kids in warm ups. She was yelling at kids about bad passes and dropped passes so a couple kids made an "inappropriate" comments about her and a few others.  Secondhand info, so I know nothing as fact just hearsay from a couple people the kids talked to.

Oh she was doing her part so I’m not defending that. 
Let’s say inappropriate gestures and I don’t mean just giving the bird although that was done as well. 

50 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Let’s say inappropriate gestures and I don’t mean just giving the bird although that was done as well. 

I understand, again not defending anyone just reporting on what I heard secondhand. I have no doubt those boys would fire back much worse than they were getting. I doubt they would start it by randomly shouting out and pointing out people in the crowd to attack. But again, I know some of the boys and if you come at them with anything you better be ready for the comebacks.

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

They are kids and they sometimes react inappropriately.  That can be dealt with by the coaches.  The Adults in the situation should know better.