Question about Liberty Christian...

Melvin

North Carolina reshuffled the state classifications during the pandemic with the 2021/2022 school year being the first year playing in the new system. The old system was similar to the old system in Virginia where each classification was broken down into division 1 and division 2. North Carolina had four classifications with each being subdivided for a total of 8 football classifications. 1A - 1AA - 2A - 2AA - 3A - 3AA - 4A - 4AA

This year, the divisions are gone, leaving a total of 4 classifications for all sports. All private schools must play one classification above their enrollment. It seems to be working nicely. The state semifinals are about to feature some match-ups people have been clamoring for over the years. Tarboro (Todd Gurley's high school) (formerly 1AA with 7 state championships) could play Robbinsville (formerly 1A with 13 state championships) in the state finals. East Surry and Shelby play in the state semifinal Friday night. Two powerhouse programs that have an unfair reputation of "beating up on smaller schools" because of the old system. They are now squarely in the middle of the 2A enrollment figures and still the top two teams in the state. 

The North Carolina system is intriguing. It doesn't just rely on ADM figures. They account for athletic department competitiveness. Each school is given an ISP% score. Basically, each sport earns points based on competitiveness, success, and playoff results. That score is transitioned to a "multiplier" that is multiplied by the ADM to achieve the schools "Final ADM Score." The multiplier minimum is 0.25 an the maximum is 1.75. 

For example, Graham and Lebanon are very similar in size, but are not similar in competitiveness across the athletic department. Graham's ISP% multiplier might be 1.5 while Lebanon's might be 0.75. Graham's ADM of 510 is multiplied by 1.5 resulting in a Final ADM Score of 765. Lebanon's ADM of 503 is multiplied by 0.75 resulting in a Final ADM Score of 377.25. Graham would be AA while Lebanon would be A under the NC system. 

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/tra.waters/viz/FInalRealignmentData/Dashboard1?publish=yes

The football playoffs in NC are proving how this system is creating competitive balance in the postseason. NC has 4 classifications with each classification having 4 regions. Of the four classifications, only four #1 regional seeds have reached the state semifinals while 5 double digit seeds have reached the state semifinals. That's 4 regional #1 seeds over 4 classifications, 16 #1 seeds total. The regional game scores are far closer than they have been in the past. 

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

The North Carolina system is intriguing. It doesn't just rely on ADM figures. They account for athletic department competitiveness. Each school is given an ISP% score. Basically, each sport earns points based on competitiveness, success, and playoff results. That score is transitioned to a "multiplier" that is multiplied by the ADM to achieve the schools "Final ADM Score." The multiplier minimum is 0.25 an the maximum is 1.75. 

For example, Graham and Lebanon are very similar in size, but are not similar in competitiveness across the athletic department. Graham's ISP% multiplier might be 1.5 while Lebanon's might be 0.75. Graham's ADM of 510 is multiplied by 1.5 resulting in a Final ADM Score of 765. Lebanon's ADM of 503 is multiplied by 0.75 resulting in a Final ADM Score of 377.25. Graham would be AA while Lebanon would be A under the NC system. 

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/tra.waters/viz/FInalRealignmentData/Dashboard1?publish=yes

The football playoffs in NC are proving how this system is creating competitive balance in the postseason. NC has 4 classifications with each classification having 4 regions. Of the four classifications, only four #1 regional seeds have reached the state semifinals while 5 double digit seeds have reached the state semifinals. That's 4 regional #1 seeds over 4 classifications, 16 #1 seeds total. The regional game scores are far closer than they have been in the past. 

I find this quite fascinating. I would love to see the algorithm(s) they use to determine everything.

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

This makes far too much sense for the VHSL to ever adopt.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, sixcat said:

Liberty, LCA, the Falwell family, are nothing more than a corrupt house of cards making millions from the faith of others. And people have bought into it hook, line, and sinker!!!

You just described organized religion through thousands of years.  And you aren't wrong.

3 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

You just described organized religion through thousands of years.  And you aren't wrong.

And I know secular corrupt wall street types making millions off of the belief their  followers also. Does that make all of them bad no same with religion and faith. Many have strong faith in religion and their leadership. Not all are bad. Is liberty bad no. Is notra dame bad no.no more than Bluefield college is.all I ever hear on here is complaints on how bad the system is. If you do not like it run for office to change.or do like lca did file a law suit.

27 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

And I know secular corrupt wall street types making millions off of the belief their  followers also. Does that make all of them bad no same with religion and faith. Many have strong faith in religion and their leadership. Not all are bad. Is liberty bad no. Is notra dame bad no.no more than Bluefield college is.all I ever hear on here is complaints on how bad the system is. If you do not like it run for office to change.or do like lca did file a law suit.

Who exactly are followers of "corrupt wall street types"? lol

2 hours ago, ghs73 said:

Greedy corporate typed

But I don't think they're devout, totally devoted to the cause and willing to do anything (including possibly inducing harm) to fight for their side. I don't feel like most Wall St types actually believe in anything other than making money in any way possible, legality or morals be damned. I'm not defending those guys at all, they're nothing more than leeches on our system, but I'm not sure they inspire the kind of following that big time religious leaders of any ilk inspire.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

But I don't think they're devout, totally devoted to the cause and willing to do anything (including possibly inducing harm) to fight for their side. I don't feel like most Wall St types actually believe in anything other than making money in any way possible, legality or morals be damned. I'm not defending those guys at all, they're nothing more than leeches on our system, but I'm not sure they inspire the kind of following that big time religious leaders of any ilk inspire.

Harvey milke sorry spelling and you have those that play the market with hedge funds betting on a company to fail.they love the game and breed more followers as long as they get by with it. And not all churches are like the few large money makers that you seem to be talking about. Most only have a few hundred or less in their congregation. 

55 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

And religion got a couple thousand year head start on milking and taxing their followers. 🤣

No not really not the way you are saying big money in religion has not been around that long. Now faith in God yes 

Just now, ghs73 said:

No not really not the way you are saying big money in religion has not been around that long. Now faith in God yes 

As for taxing people look no further  than any leader gov. Especially 

8 minutes ago, ghs73 said:

🤣  Tell that to the British Empire.  There's a reason the separation of church and state was big thing. 

Brookville parents sitting with Abingdon. 
The recruiting up here is ridiculous. 
I agree with them though. One the the best paid for teams in the state. 
I thought the Bible said sharpen iron with iron, not let’s see how we can slide though the system and beat up on public schools. 

1 hour ago, SW_VA_boy said:

🤣  Tell that to the British Empire.  There's a reason the separation of church and state was big thing. 

That is true and now you want to tax churches. Where is the seperation.big business can get by without paying taxes but you want gov. Into religion  now