Holston/Galax

Gridiron60

Milano's in Abingdon. Garlic Knots are really good and im a big fan of the Baked Cheese Tortellini -   Cheese tortellini tossed in alfredo and meat sauces with ricotta and Romano cheeses, then baked under mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

Don't think I've ever eaten in Damascus 

I don't think I've eaten in Damascus either. I doubt we go on into Abingdon. I'm there enough for work as it is. We always try to "shop local" any time we can. We will likely stop somewhere along the way. The Wooden Pickle in Marion is always a household favorite. 

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Since this is a food board with a football addiction, anybody care to make some suggestions on local eateries in or around the Damascus area?

Love me some Milanos. We go there often. 

28 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Milano's in Abingdon. Garlic Knots are really good and im a big fan of the Baked Cheese Tortellini -   Cheese tortellini tossed in alfredo and meat sauces with ricotta and Romano cheeses, then baked under mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

Don't think I've ever eaten in Damascus 

As far as Damascus, the Old Mill has a good restaurant but it’s a bit pricey for me. I’d recommend the Damascus Diner or  7 Trails. 

4 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

This game would of been 70 something to 7 if it hadn’t been for the penalties . I would be surprised if Galax didn’t have over 100 yard in penalties in the third quarter alone. 

I don’t like to criticize officials but it appeared to me, they wanted to keep this game from getting to that 70-7 point. Because it very well could have!!!

Recognized white hat,  likes to throw hanky, a lot! Dude needs tommy-john surgery yearly. Inserts himself in many games not sure why.  Good dude but wears feelings on his sleeve on the field.  Holston out-manned on this one.  Too much heat 🔥 in that kitchen.  Good season and good luck galax.

They missed several calls and made some strange ones . They missed a very bad horse collar by a Galax player on a Holston RB right in front of the side judge by 5 feet on the Holston sideline . 

On another note great season by Holston .I’ll say it again anytime you loose and elite QB and your head coach and come back and make it to the state finals is a heck of an accomplishment 

17 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

They missed several calls and made some strange ones . They missed a very bad horse collar by a Galax player on a Holston RB right in front of the side judge by 5 feet on the Holston sideline . 

On another note great season by Holston .I’ll say it again anytime you loose and elite QB and your head coach and come back and make it to the state finals is a heck of an accomplishment 

Missed a bad horse collar on Galax running back as well.....2 officials within 5 yards of it.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, UVAObserver said:

Galax isn’t gonna score 42 on Holston.  They’ll probably win, but I doubt the total points hits 42, much less Galax’s total.

Game was 51_21 .I said 42-12 . Galax wins by 30 as I predicted. Probably more if they kept their starters in. Galax played a tougher schedule .Congrats to Holston on a great season.

11 hours ago, Hokie777 said:

Game was 51_21 .I said 42-12 . Galax wins by 30 as I predicted. Probably more if they kept their starters in. Galax played a tougher schedule .Congrats to Holston on a great season.

They scored 6 on Galax starting defense, had the opening kickoff return for a TD and scored on TD on the JV. Holston is a good team but the weaker schedule hurt them in my opinion,  region D must of been down more than I thought.