Who are Single A. Boys and Girls teams to watch out for ?

PressurePoint

12 hours ago, PressurePoint said:

Honaker girls graduated. Who’s next in line ?

will the PM boys return lots of players.  Who’s gonna be the team to beat 

Honaker still returns quite a bit on the girls side to go along with some dynamite upcoming freshmen.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:48 PM, Tigerman10 said:

Honaker still returns quite a bit on the girls side to go along with some dynamite upcoming freshmen.

Awesome. I didn’t know that. I watched them two years ago and was impressed 

looks like the champ will come from the west again. The East seems to be really down 

GW is rebuilding but many think will still be a factor. PM won 3 in a row a few years back. 
I’m hearing it’s theirs to lose again this coming year.  Their boys return a 7 footer and look to repeat 

how about eastside girls. They are typically good but I heard little to nothing from them lately.  
I’m interested because my daughter is an upcoming sophomore in the surrounding area.  I’d like to get a look at who may be the teams to watch out for. I have a good friend who’s a ref in Roanoke area. He’s the one that said PM girls would be favored to win it all this year.  Really to far for me to friends to see them. So I was wondering who would be good to watch close by. 
mill definitely check honaker out 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:12 PM, generallyspeaking said:

Rye Cove has looked solid in their first few games. Big man Chavez is a baller, as long as he’s healthy they can compete with anyone in 1A

Agreed. Is Chavez a senior? 

Parry McCluer will likely repeat as state champions.  They return Spencer Hamitlon, the 6'11/7'0 footer and their star football player, John "Bo Duke" Snider is also one heck of a basketball player.  Hamilton had 39 points, 10 blocks, 13 rebounds, in their blowout win over Rockbridge County a week ago.  McCluer is going to be tough to beat.  PM plays Liberty Christian tonight and that game is on NFHS.  LCA is loaded this year.  They lost by 3 points to Abingdon in the state semi's last year.  The game with McCluer should be a good one.  If PM wins this game, they may not lose the rest of the season; although James River is pretty good and they play 2 times and both will be good games.  Spencer Hamilton, last year's Class 1 State POY is an Old Dominon lean.