Brawl @ Applebees? Union - Graham

T8KNDookeez

15 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

Our crew loves Macadoos whenever we are in a town that has one anymore. I can speak for Wooden Pickle, Bellas(we have all of our pre-season crew meets there), and Bonefire. Although it used to be a chain, we STILL mess with the Bonanza in Lebanon. I'm with Sixcat, find the local spots. We ALWAYS get great food and service there and they are usually more than accommodating to host us for our meetings..  I can microwave food at home, looking at you Applebees and Chilis. 

I make it a point ever so often to get lunch at the Bonanza.  And going to try out the new Macado’s location tonight.  Hoping it’s better than what they left behind in Bluefield, WV…

20 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Had planned to eat there on my next trip to Richlands, but they closed before I got the chance. I'm very picky with my hotdog chili. Pal's is the only chain that I will eat one from.

Pal’s is good. I’m a big fan of the DQ hot dog chili. 

But my favorite chili just straight up is from Buddy BarBQ. Their chili can’t be beaten, IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Pal’s is good. I’m a big fan of the DQ hot dog chili. 

But my favorite chili just straight up is from Buddy BarBQ. Their chili can’t be beaten, IMO. 

May have to give DQ another shot, been a while since I've had anything but breakfast and ice cream from one.

Not eaten at Buddy's in 20 years. Got sick on some pulled pork, and still haven't worked up the courage to go back. 

I went to El Patio in Bluefield after the game Saturday on recommendation of a couple folks from the forum.

I asked the server for no veggies on my dish I ordered.

It took 45 minutes to bring us our food, and my dish had veggies on it.  Fiancee and daughter both said their chicken tasted funny as well.  

41 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I went to El Patio in Bluefield after the game Saturday on recommendation of a couple folks from the forum.

It took 45 minutes to bring us our food, and my dish had veggies on it.  Fiancee and daughter both said their chicken tasted funny as well.  

That’s pretty unusual for them.  La Fiesta’s very hit or miss, which is why I wouldn’t recommend them.

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I make it a point ever so often to get lunch at the Bonanza.  And going to try out the new Macado’s location tonight.  Hoping it’s better than what they left behind in Bluefield, WV…

Hope better luck than we had Fri night.  No liquor license yet (doesn't affect us) and food took no less than 30 min to get after we ordered.  Ordered a sandwich supposed to be turkey, bacon, mayo, tomato, on bagel.  What I got instead, turkey, grilled chicken lettuce tomato on bagel.  The waitress even said the right name when she delivered the food so who knows there.

New Mexican in the mall was pretty good when we tried it.

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I loved me some King Kone… their footlongs were the best. Sadly they closed down. 

King Kone was the best hotdogs anywhere.  Would put Frosty Bossie as a tight second place.

Mentioned this place to some other people and they are like that place is great and I'm thinking why did I just learn about them this summer considering we raced two seasons down at LPR???

6 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

I want more details on this apparent brawl

I heard it was a real rumble between the Sharks and Jets. It seems festivities were cut short when Johnny Castle showed up though. Apparently, somebody put Baby in a corner.

Witnesses described the participants having watermelon afterward. 

On 11/29/2021 at 1:09 PM, Wolf1207 said:

At least they don’t have the worst McDonalds. Clintwood wins that award by a country mile.

I can hear the crew at Tazewell saying hold my beer.  I go there very rarely and in the last 3 years I have never once had my order be exactly what I asked for.

Yeah, we fancy like Applebee's on a date night
Got that Bourbon Street steak with the Oreo shake
Get some whipped cream on the top too
Two straws, one check, girl, I got you
Bougie like Natty in the styrofoam
Squeak-squeakin' in the truck bed all the way home
Some Alabama-jamma, she my Dixieland delight
Ayy, that's how we do, how we do, fancy like, oh

21 minutes ago, stantheman said:

Yeah, we fancy like Applebee's on a date night
Got that Bourbon Street steak with the Oreo shake
Get some whipped cream on the top too
Two straws, one check, girl, I got you
Bougie like Natty in the styrofoam
Squeak-squeakin' in the truck bed all the way home
Some Alabama-jamma, she my Dixieland delight
Ayy, that's how we do, how we do, fancy like, oh

If anything warrants GMans hammer its this

2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

If you order a chicken biscuit from there you will be leaving with pancakes. Worst McDonald's ever.

The one in Clintwood had me waiting for 15 minutes in drive thru once.  I asked for a refund and the manager said, “it’s only been 15 minutes. What’s the big deal?” 
To be honest, I was impressed that he said that.  Considering 90 seconds is supposed to be the rule there.  

5 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

The one in Clintwood had me waiting for 15 minutes in drive thru once.  I asked for a refund and the manager said, “it’s only been 15 minutes. What’s the big deal?” 
To be honest, I was impressed that he said that.  Considering 90 seconds is supposed to be the rule there.  

I can believe it. I was in the drive thru at Tazewell once and a young man licked his hand and lightly smacked a girl on the back of her neck. Basically goofing off. He then turns around  and puts the lid on my drink! I told the manager m. Her response was "Are you sure it was him because he's been cleaning the bathroom." 

I guess you get what you pay for lol

On 11/30/2021 at 8:39 AM, UVAObserver said:

1,000,000% better

On 11/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

A brawl at Applebee's in Bluefield, VA?  It was probably Union and Graham fans getting together and fighting with the Applebee's cooks.  Sorry Graham fans, but you have a first class shi*hole for an Applebee's up that way.  I'm serious about this, it's the most God awful Applebee's (hands down, by a lot) that I've ever been to.  

No one from Bluefield eats there…

On 11/30/2021 at 10:26 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

But did you get food poisoning like you definitely would have if you’d eaten at La Fiesta??  You’re welcome…

4 hours ago, CPF said:

1,000,000% better

The quality is much improved.  However, they are woefully understaffed, and if they can’t catch up, it’ll end up dooming them. It shouldn’t take a hair under 2 hours to eat a meal, and it shouldn’t be lukewarm when it arrives to me.  They’re busting their tails, that much is obvious.

They also need to police their bar better.  My children should not be subjected to F bombs from drunk a**holes from 50 feet away.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:10 PM, Ryan4VT said:

Never eaten there. I’m not big on Mexican, so I’ll take your word for it lol. I put the Mexican place in Chilhowie on there because the wife said to do so. 😂😂

You need to go to Marion’s when you’re up that way. Chilhowie is ok but Marion is way better. 

3 hours ago, HurricaneWarning said:

You need to go to Marion’s when you’re up that way. Chilhowie is ok but Marion is way better. 

I don’t like Mexican, so I don’t know that I would find it any better haha. We usually go to the Chilhowie one because my mother in law is from there and her family has their get together there after church some Sundays lol

On 11/29/2021 at 5:31 PM, Ryan4VT said:

Ma & Pa’s (Castlewood)

That would now be La Ma & El Pa's since it was sold.  Most of the same old menu plus mexican food now!

If you are around Duffield check out Chubeez. An old Airstream turned into a food stand.  Logger burger is a personal favorite.  Their burgers are huge.

Miss the Waffle and Egg I think it was in Claypool Hill where Autozone I believe it is now.  Ate there a many a times after working games in Tazewell or Buchannon County.