Brawl @ Applebees? Union - Graham

T8KNDookeez

45 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I don’t like Mexican, so I don’t know that I would find it any better haha. We usually go to the Chilhowie one because my mother in law is from there and her family has their get together there after church some Sundays lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like Mexican. I hear Bluefield Va is getting another Mexican restaurant. That's exactly what we need. What happened to having a place that serves a good steak?

11 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like Mexican. I hear Bluefield Va is getting another Mexican restaurant. That's exactly what we need. What happened to having a place that serves a good steak?

Don't know how anyone can't like mexican.  Some of the best food there is.

Mi Puerto (Marion) hands down best enchiladas and tomales anywhere.  Our El Mariachi is good all around.  Bad when the waiters there all know us well and personally.

Don't know about the VA side but WV side did get one and it was really good as well.

I would agree though, short of Fisher & Co or T Town Grill, not really anywhere to get a quality one.

10 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Mi Puerto (Marion) hands down best enchiladas and tomales anywhere.  Our El Mariachi is good all around.  Bad when the waiters there all know us well and personally.

Don't know about the VA side but WV side did get one and it was really good as well.

I would agree though, short of Fisher & Co or T Town Grill, not really anywhere to get a quality one.

I love Fisher & Co. My family likes Mexican. So I'm the guy that orders a steak or a burger from a Mexican restaurant. Campestre in Princeton is probably the best in our area IMO.

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

My family has Mexican a couple times a week. Favorite food in my household, by far. 

The best Mexican place is El Mezcal near K92 in Cave Spring. My wife and I have been known to drive down to Roanoke for the day just to eat lunch there. It's just different, man! Worth the trip if you love Mexican.

3 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I love Fisher & Co. My family likes Mexican. So I'm the guy that orders a steak or a burger from a Mexican restaurant. Campestre in Princeton is probably the best in our area IMO.

That's what a lot of people say about Campestre but not a favorite of mine.  Something about Mexican Grill style I don't like

Never liked El Patio and La Fiesta used to be great but last times weren't so great.

12 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

What happened to having a place that serves a good steak?

Hard to beat the steaks at a Mexican restaurant. You can usually get a decent T-bone with rice, beans, and shrimp for under $15. It aint Chop House but it will do 

12 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Hard to beat the steaks at a Mexican restaurant. You can usually get a decent T-bone with rice, beans, and shrimp for under $15. It aint Chop House but it will do 

That's what I order every time I go. I'm not much for rice and beans. Campestre in Princeton actually serves fries so it's not so bad lol

22 hours ago, HurricaneWarning said:

You need to go to Marion’s when you’re up that way. Chilhowie is ok but Marion is way better. 

7 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Mi Puerta is fantastic!  Best Mexican restaurant I've ate at.  El Bigotes in Abingdon is awesome too.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, 1inStripes said:

Miss the Waffle and Egg I think it was in Claypool Hill where Autozone I believe it is now.  Ate there a many a times after working games in Tazewell or Buchannon County.

I both miss how amazing the food was there — and how it cleaned your entire system out afterwards 😂😂

But seriously, their jumbo chocolate chip waffles were the best thing around.