Graham vs King William VA 2A State Championship

Graham32

The fans on VA Preps have a very high opinion of their team and someĀ have stated several times , they would win state. They're obviously a premier team or they wouldnā€™t be in Salem next Saturday. I truly think it will come down to which defense plays the best. I hate Graham lost Sawyers & Blevins on D but credit to the coaches for making adjustments and the D still playing lights out without those two LB.Ā 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

The fans on VA Preps have a very high opinion of their team and someĀ have stated several times , they would win state. They're obviously a premier team or they wouldnā€™t be in Salem next Saturday. I truly think it will come down to which defense plays the best. I hate Graham lost Sawyers & Blevins on D but credit to the coaches for making adjustments and the D still playing lights out without those two outside LBers.Ā 

The people on VaPoops fart in their bathtubs and laugh at the bubbles.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham fans will probably be happy this time next week. Ā King William will be the toughest test Graham has seen thus far, but I think Graham will rise to the occasion.

Ā 

Graham - 38

King William - 28

I have been looking forward to your predictionsĀ last few weeks šŸ˜‚

KW will be the best team Graham has faced all year. If Graham limits mistakes and their DL can eat up KWs OL like they did today, they win. If Graham turns it over once or twice or has 10+ penalties and can't get penetration from DL, KW wins.

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

The fans on VA Preps have a very high opinion of their team and someĀ have stated several times , they would win state. They're obviously a premier team or they wouldnā€™t be in Salem next Saturday. I truly think it will come down to which defense plays the best. I hate Graham lost Sawyers & Blevins on D but credit to the coaches for making adjustments and the D still playing lights out without those two LB.Ā 

I don't believe that's true. The KW poster who is around the most seems very level headed and fair.

24 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I don't believe that's true. The KW poster who is around the most seems very level headed and fair.

To be fair most of that kind of talk was two weeks ago or longer, I think they realize now, itā€™s not a given they take it all and the competition is stiffer than regular season & district playoffs. Theyā€™ve got some play makers but so does Graham. KWĀ may very well win next Saturday. If their defense plays better than ours , they win. If our defense plays like today, GMen win.Ā 

Iā€™m typically spot on when it comes to State Championship predictions. I told people inĀ 2018 that Graham/Goochland game would not be close and people thought I was crazy. This Graham team does not have near as good of a defense as the pastĀ IMO however, they are good enough to where KW will not be able to match them score for score.Ā G-Men win by 17-21 points.Ā 

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Iā€™m typically spot on when it comes to State Championship predictions. I told people inĀ 2018 that Graham/Goochland game would not be close and people thought I was crazy. This Graham team team does not have near as good of a defense as the pastĀ IMO however, they are good enough to where KW will not be able to match them score for score.Ā G-Men win by 17-21 points.Ā 

I hope yourĀ predicting skills are accurate! Iā€™d love to see the GMen bring home that title to SWVA! Iā€™d love to see Galax win too but Iā€™m afraid their battle is even more of an uphill climb than Graham. šŸ¤ž

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hope yourĀ predicting skills are accurate! Iā€™d love to see the GMen bring home that title to SWVA! Iā€™d love to see Galax win too but Iā€™m afraid their battle is even more of an uphill climb than Graham. šŸ¤ž

I hope my prediction for Galax is wrong but I agree with you. They are definitely the underdog and will have to play an A++ game. I feel like the Tideā€™s tough schedule has definitely prepared them for this physically, but I worry about the mental aspect of it.Ā 

King William has scored a lot against anybody they have played. But they have given up a bunch of points too along the way.Ā  I don't think they stop Graham as many times as Graham stops them.Ā  I agree with UVA, I think it will be something along the lines of 42 - 31 in favor of the G-Men.

Claiborne will get loose a few times, for sure, so Graham cannot afford turnovers and drive killing penalties.Ā  Watching KW a few times on NFHS and Hudl they have some big boys on the line, but they don't seem as athletic as the kids on Graham's line.Ā  I think Graham's lineplay wears them down and Graham takes control after the half.

Yeh the big guy for KW is a good space eater but unathletic and slow as molasses. Just dont run into him. I think the difference here are the defenses and i think Graham's is better. Claiborne will have his 2 or 3 big td runs but Clements and Bradshaw will have more. They remind me a lot of Appo. Rely on the run while taking occasional deep shots that arent very accurate. Graham will need to bring it all 4 quarters and contain Claiborne just enough. I just think the East is weaker all around. Look at CW's schedule. They had some close scores with some bad teams. And they gave KW a game.

38-31 Graham

Iā€™ve done some research on KW andĀ watched some film against Central. I also looked at the records of the teams they beat and either those teams played against other really good teams. Most of the teams they beat only won like 3 games at most. Iā€™m watching the game from yesterday, their RB is good and quick. I wasnā€™t impressed at least with their performance yesterday. Appomattox looks like a much better team. I donā€™t think theyā€™ve faced a defense like Grahamā€™s. Graham needs to focus on how they are going to score points this week because Iā€™m worried about the QB issue and Iā€™m assuming they donā€™t kick to Bradshaw but Iā€™ve assumed that before and teams just keep doing it.Ā 

2 hours ago, CPF said:

Where did you watch yesterday's game?Ā I can't get it to show up on NFHS.

NFHS feed was down.Ā  Not sure if the hudl game recap is up yet, probably is.Ā  Only NFHS game I could find on them was vs. Goochland early on.Ā  Watched quite a bit of hudl recaps and Claiborne Hilights.

5 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Ā Rely on the run while taking occasional deep shots that arent very accurate.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d even take an occasional deep shot if accuracy is a problem ifĀ Bradshaw is anywhere in the vicinity. Heā€™s liable to end up with a pick six.Ā