Graham vs King William VA 2A State Championship

Graham32

39 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

I hope Graham wins the State Title !Then it will time for Snake and Ronnie to come home .

I highly doubt either of them will return to Richlands. Snake lives close to Bluefield, VA and his daughter goes to GIS and his wife works in Bland County. I don't see them relocating back to the western end of the county with 100% certainty. I do agree that I hope Graham wins the state title! Ring #4 for Snake if that happens!Ā 

32 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Negative. Richlands had their chance with them. They have a new home now. Snake and Ronnie are here to stay!

I think both are very satisfied where they are and have been accepted with open arms by the Graham family,Ā  coaches, players, parents, and faculty/staff at GHS. They aren't going anywhere. They have found their home with Graham.Ā 

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d even take an occasional deep shot if accuracy is a problem ifĀ Bradshaw is anywhere in the vicinity. Heā€™s liable to end up with a pick six.Ā 

Claiborne doesn't need much room to break a long run, he is very shifty and makes quick cuts.Ā  He can change direction on a dime and hits the hole with a lot of speed.Ā  They have another quick back and the QB is athletic and runs the ball very well.Ā  They do throw bubble screens and quick hitches that sometimes go for big yardage (of course Ive been watching hudl hilights).Ā  The lineplay is what I have been trying to watch the most.Ā  I think Graham can match the athleticism, but Grahams line looks better on both sides of the ball.Ā  As mentioned before, KW has a big line, but they appear a little bit slower and not as aggressive as Grahams line.Ā  But thats on video, so it may be different to see them in person.Ā  Good size on the line however for them.

8 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

I hope Blevins will be ready to go Saturday.Ā 

Iā€™d say heā€™ll be the same as the past two games. I donā€™t see him on D at all again and limited on O unless he experiences a miraculous healing of some sort. Heā€™s as tough as they come & plays with such heart. I hate he got injured.Ā 

Watched film on KW and they have some huge lineman, and their running back and quarterback have decent speed.Ā  Grahams defense will have to come to play especially the linebackers.Ā  As to their passing game, what I saw was the receivers out running the defense and the quarterback lobing the ball deep with the receiver running it down.Ā  Don't think they will pull this off with Bradshaw out there, but the game will come down to the wire IMO.Ā  I think Graham pulls this one out and comes back to SWVA with the hardware. Gmen 35----KW 28

29 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

Watched film on KW and they have some huge lineman, and their running back and quarterback have decent speed.Ā  Grahams defense will have to come to play especially the linebackers.Ā  As to their passing game, what I saw was the receivers out running the defense and the quarterback lobing the ball deep with the receiver running it down.Ā  Don't think they will pull this off with Bradshaw out there, but the game will come down to the wire IMO.Ā  I think Graham pulls this one out and comes back to SWVA with the hardware. Gmen 35----KW 28

KW running back looks to be the real deal. If the G-Men don't stay disciplined Claiborne will house it every time. KW seems to like the stretch plays off tackle and outside pitch. Graham will have to play lights out if they want to win this one.Ā Ā Ā 

40 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

KW rb is bad news. Explosive speed. Best running back Graham will have played.Ā  Has had some disciplinary issues. Set out first half of Goochland and another game.Ā 

Graham's LB's will have to play very disciplined. Claiborne gets to the second or third level he will break them.Ā Ā 

24 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Graham's LB's will have to play very disciplined. Claiborne gets to the second or third level he will break them.Ā Ā 

Not having Zach out there on defense hurts just as much if not more than offense. @Gridiron60Ā mentioned Gage too. Both of them were vital to our defense. For this team to continue to win the way they have is quite impressive. Kudos to the coaches for getting the next man up ready to go.

No matter the outcome on Saturday Zach Blevins has proven he's much of a man in my book.

One more game to go. No reason to let off the gas now. FINISH!

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Nothing has been posted on Graham Twitter feed yet.Ā 

Just checked schoolĀ  web page it saidĀ  they would be on sale later today on go fan for 1150 cash only?Ā Ā 

8 hours ago, ghs73 said:

Any news as to when ticket go on sale on line yet. And will they be thru ghsĀ or the vhsl.

According to the VHSL website, STATE CHAMPIONSHIPĀ tickets go on sale @ 6 pm tonight. Ticket sales are thru GoFan andĀ there will beĀ a link on the VHSL site.

Ā 

Graham's Twitter account will also have the GoFan link up later today. Graham fansĀ can purchase tickets ... cash only ... @ GHS now thru noon on December 8!

Ā 

Chartered "pep" busses are available for GHS students only and will depart GHS @ 9:15 on Saturday morning.

Ā 

Fortunately ... and for a change ...Ā I only have a 15 minute drive from Roanoke City. Saturday'sĀ predicted Roanoke Valley weather forecast ... temperature of around 70 degrees with a 45% chance of rain at kickoff.

Ā 

Graham had a largeĀ and very vocal crowd here in 2018 and we need toĀ do it again! Let's show KW what SWVA football is about!

Let's Go G-Men! And to all fans travelingĀ from the Bluefield area ... WELCOME BACKĀ to the Roanoke Valley!

Ā 

#GrahamPride

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Yes Graham is on the home side ... also known as "the Salem side" here in the Roanoke Valley!Ā 

šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Maybe the basketball coach will give Salem a break to come watch the game.Ā šŸ˜‰

10 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Maybe the basketball coach will give Salem a break to come watch the game.Ā šŸ˜‰

šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Still in shock ... and denial here! šŸ˜‰Ā Football team still practicing! šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Ā 

I do not know about the basketball coach but I do know all the Salem šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤« ... I know that is a nasty word on here ... football coaches will be there! šŸ˜‰

Ā 

PS ... Roll Tide!

11 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Still in shock ... and denial here! šŸ˜‰Ā Football team still practicing! šŸ˜…šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Ā 

I do not know about the basketball coach but I do know all the Salem šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤« ... I know that is a nasty word on here ... football coaches will be there! šŸ˜‰

Ā 

PS ... Roll Tide!

Gotta get your shots in on Salem when you can. It don't come around often.

4 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Bingo! In my 39Ā years here I have become immune as well as Salem deaf! šŸ™ˆšŸ™‰šŸ™Š

I worked with a guy from Salem when I lived down there that was the most obnoxious Salem fan in the world. Which was funny considering he was from Princeton, WV. He'd get so pissed at me because I refused to call them the "Salem Spartans."Ā  I would always call them the "Roanoke Valley Spartans."

Ā