Graham vs King William VA 2A State Championship

Graham32

20 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I worked with a guy from Salem when I lived down there that was the most obnoxious Salem fan in the world. Which was funny considering he was from Princeton, WV. He'd get so pissed at me because I refused to call them the "Salem Spartans."  I would always call them the "Roanoke Valley Spartans."

You could have stopped with the word "Princeton!" 😉

37 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Watched a bit on nfhs, physical play looks to be in favor of Graham. 

G34

KW13

I love the optimism but KW will give Graham fits. Claiborne is a different animal. Grahams LB will have to play lights out. 

20 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Don't think you guys are giving KW proper respect. 

I lived in northern VA for awhile and football is soft out there.  Only team's that can beat this area is teams with speed and Graham has that too.  Bye this area I'm including region C

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I am giving them respect. I’ve been watching the HUDL film and the KW running back is no slouch. All he needs is a crease and he’s taking them to the house. Graham will need to play their best game of the year if they want to stand a chance in this one. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I’m sure the Graham coaching staff knows exactly what KW brings to the table as far as strengths and weaknesses. They will game plan accordingly. No one is taking this game or King William lightly, I can assure you of that. I don’t have a clue what the final score will be, I just hope the number is higher on the home side of the scoreboard when the final whistle blows! 

Seen King William on NFHS. They look good, but their schedule isn't strong. Don't know if that works out better for Graham or not, but Lafayette looked like a great win, but lost some of its zap. Lafayette went on to lose the first game of the playoffs.. Goochland ended up a 6-6 team and one of their worst in years if Maxpreps is correct. I think Graham rolls.

33 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Seen King William on NFHS. They look good, but their schedule isn't strong. Don't know if that works out better for Graham or not, but Lafayette looked like a great win, but lost some of its zap. Lafayette went on to lose the first game of the playoffs.. Goochland ended up a 6-6 team and one of their worst in years if Maxpreps is correct. I think Graham rolls.

Claiborne is 75 percent of their offense. He does a lot of it on his own. He doesn't need much room.  But I agree with your assessment of their xompetition.  Lafayette was a good win for them, but Graham looks stronger up front then Lafayette.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Claiborne is 75 percent of their offense. He does a lot of it on his own. He doesn't need much room.  But I agree with your assessment of their xompetition.  Lafayette was a good win for them, but Graham looks stronger up front then Lafayette.

Disagree. They have a QB who is capable of making huge plays with arm or legs and the other Robinson, the WR, is a playmaker as well. Claiborne drives the train but if you key too much of Claiborne, Robinson can beat you.

Graham's impressed me the way they have won. They are lethal with the pass, but can quickly morph into a super Union type power football team and did that against Appo and Union in the playoffs.  When a team can do that offensively in lower levels of High School ball, be that balanced, they are usually a tough out come playoff time. 

6 hours ago, starcityfootballfan said:

According to the VHSL website, STATE CHAMPIONSHIP tickets go on sale @ 6 pm tonight. Ticket sales are thru GoFan and there will be a link on the VHSL site.

Graham's Twitter account will also have the GoFan link up later today. Graham fans can purchase tickets ... cash only ... @ GHS now thru noon on December 8!

Chartered "pep" busses are available for GHS students only and will depart GHS @ 9:15 on Saturday morning.

Fortunately ... and for a change ... I only have a 15 minute drive from Roanoke City. Saturday's predicted Roanoke Valley weather forecast ... temperature of around 70 degrees with a 45% chance of rain at kickoff.

Graham had a large and very vocal crowd here in 2018 and we need to do it again! Let's show KW what SWVA football is about!

Let's Go G-Men! And to all fans traveling from the Bluefield area ... WELCOME BACK to the Roanoke Valley!

#GrahamPride

My wife and I will be driving down from staunton for the gam Saturday.  See you there.