Galax vs Riverheads

Gridiron60

From what I saw, Riverheads made one key halftime adjustment that Galax didn’t have an answer for. They stared countering off their normal running plays. Those cut-backs caught Galax over-pursuing and created open field space for Cook-Cash. Once he’s out in the open, he’s a freakin load to bring down. Hands down, the best player on the field. 

I also thought the Galax OL struggled to contain Smiley. He caused chaos in the Galax backfield all night. 

Galax has some talent coming into the varsity level next season. Maybe they get yet another crack at Riverheads!

Galax adjusted as well and the offense gained good yardage with the stretch and shorter passing in the second half. Tons of respect for Galax and they will certainly be making a deep playoff run again next year. Really impressed with Ashworths mobility and pocket awareness. Realizing he was playing WR last year at a high level tells you how good of an athlete that young man is. 

43 minutes ago, RedPrideNation said:

Galax adjusted as well and the offense gained good yardage with the stretch and shorter passing in the second half. Tons of respect for Galax and they will certainly be making a deep playoff run again next year. Really impressed with Ashworths mobility and pocket awareness. Realizing he was playing WR last year at a high level tells you how good of an athlete that young man is. 

Galax adjusted to stop over-pursuing which opened up the stretch. That’s the beauty of Casto’s simplistic but highly effective offense.

12 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Galax adjusted to stop over-pursuing which opened up the stretch. That’s the beauty of Casto’s simplistic but highly effective offense.

Good point on RH adjustments and looking for the cutback. From my observation Riverheads adjusted their blocking several times during this game. In my other post I was actually referring to Galax running stretch to get the edge instead of running behind one guard or the other repeatedly. That’s a damn good Galax team and defensively fundamentally at the top of teams I witnessed this year.