Belfy is the Ky 3A state champions after starting 0-5

#BDDClockKeeper

Well its a L either way.. 

Another reason i posted this is .. I live on the KY Wva Line in Virginia ( Hurley)about 40 minutes to Belfy High im in Williamson all the time after week 5 they were calling for the HC job .. this kinda relates to Union with everyone in BSG (almost) acting like Turner isnt doing his job wont ever make the people happy 

20 hours ago, #BDDClockKeeper said:

Well its a L either way.. 

Another reason i posted this is .. I live on the KY Wva Line in Virginia ( Hurley)about 40 minutes to Belfy High im in Williamson all the time after week 5 they were calling for the HC job .. this kinda relates to Union with everyone in BSG (almost) acting like Turner isnt doing his job wont ever make the people happy 

Anyone saying Haywood from Belfry should be fired because of a poor start should be barred from watching football ever again. It's still very impressive to come back from that type of start to win it all. 

18 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Didn't Blacksburg do something like this a few years ago when Wells was their coach and they had Cole Beck?

Yea I believe they started like 1-5 and went on to win it all. Once they realized how good Cole really was they started utilizing him the right way

21 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Didn't Blacksburg do something like this a few years ago when Wells was their coach and they had Cole Beck?

Started 1-5 and ended the regular season 5-5. Wells made some adjustments on who was playing on defense and they started clicking at the right time. 

21 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Let’s be honest Cole Beck is probably the main reason. 😂

I’d argue Terry was the star of that team. Beck was good to break a couple a game. But when you needed a first down, you found Terry and let him do his wizardry.  

18 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Started 1-5 and ended the regular season 5-5. Wells made some adjustments on who was playing on defense and they started clicking at the right time. 

I’d argue Terry was the star of that team. Beck was good to break a couple a game. But when you needed a first down, you found Terry and let him do his wizardry.  

Where are Terry and Beck at now?

10 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Where are Terry and Beck at now?

Beck went to VT for football & T&F. Never really played in football so he left the team to focus solely on T&F and has had success over there. 

Everyone thought Terry was going to UVA but he ended up committing to Youngstown St. and has appeared in 1 game there. 

34 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think Lee High’s first season they were 0-5 and went on to win state if I’m not mistaken. 
Certainly a rare feat. Congrats to Belfry. 

Lee started 1-4, then 2-5 in 1997, then made the state semifinals.  They won their 1st 6 in their inaugural season.

Graham started 1-4 in 1998, and made the state semifinals.  That 1 win was a 7-6 win over Grundy, so not convincing.  That’s probably as close to a miracle run as Graham has ever had.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Lee started 1-4, then 2-5 in 1997, then made the state semifinals.  They won their 1st 6 in their inaugural season.

That was it. Knew it was something like that. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Terry was no doubt their best player ..but people saw beck straight line speed and said he's their best player...sorry Terry was tavon Austin 2.0

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think Lee High’s first season they were 0-5 and went on to win state if I’m not mistaken. 
Certainly a rare feat. Congrats to Belfry. 

You're probably thinking about jonesvilles last season they went 5-5 and won state then Appy did it the next year

7 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Beck wasn't a great football player...he was a track star playing football.... Terry was a great football player and a great athlete

He was a decent football player. But he was all speed. That was it. Couldn’t catch to save his life. But if there was even an inkling of a hole — he was gone. 

Terry did all the other things. He had the moves, the hands and really, really good speed as well. Doesn’t hurt that the QB was very good also. 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Yes.  30-27 over Russellville.

Johnson Central lost 30-13 to Boyle County.  I was hoping JC would win as their legendary coach Jim Matney died during the season from complications of COVID.

Coach Matney loved his kids an knew how to get the best from them. His legendary pre\post game talks are amazing! If the link below dont give you chill bups an bring a tear to your eye at the same time you don't love football..