State Championship Score Updates

Deleted Account

yes in the loss to Goochland KW had 5 starters sit out the first half. And, while not making excuses for them they played just one half of football for scrimmages because of weather. One scrimmage got canceled and the other just went one half before weather stopped it.

In Grahams defense, the loss the QB Blevins on defense severely hurt them. That kid was better defensively than offensively and they greatly felt the effects of his loss against Appo and KW. That was a major blow for Graham. He makes a couple of those tackles today with Claiborne. 

6 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I wonder if the Graham staff thinks about it? I'm serious. For example, has someone mentioned in practice or just in passing conversation, hey coach, did you know we haven't thrown a screen pass in all 13 or 14 games this year at any point? Just perplexing to me. But, I've made my point enough. TIme to let it go.

I agree.  Too predictable.  But King William was more athletic and the more physical team today.  Claiborne was as good as advertised.  This King William team came ready to play today.  They played with a chip on their shoulder.  I'm not a coach, but it seems like KW knew what Graham was going to do before they did it.  Graham had a great season and I wouldnt be surprised if they arent in the thick of things next year.

Graham's future is bright. I understand they have tons of talent in the tank and are getting a Div 1 prospect at QB coming from Parkersburg for next year and most of their linenis back other than Meadows. It's tough to replace two d1 kids. Just can't do it, but Grahams likely got a lot of deep playoff runs in the near future. I know RV returns a bunch, but I would be surprised if the GMen are not back in the state semifinals again.

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Graham's future is bright. I understand they have tons of talent in the tank and are getting a Div 1 prospect at QB coming from Parkersburg for next year and most of their linenis back other than Meadows. It's tough to replace two d1 kids. Just can't do it, but Grahams likely got a lot of deep playoff runs in the near future. I know RV returns a bunch, but I would be surprised if the GMen are not back in the state semifinals again.

Ridgeview will definitely be the team to beat on this end of region

Congratulations to King William.

Congratulations to Graham on a great season.

I wasn't there, so I can't speak on talent or coaching. In my experience, usually the best team wins. Coaching helps maximize the potential.

There's no question in my opinion that generally the most talented win state championships. Sounded like it was King William today.

Just now, GMan said:

Claiborne and another players did not play that game.

Claiborne didn't play the first half due to disciplinary reasons according to their fans comments. He played the second half against Goochland. This is what I read from KW fans. I don't know if true, but theybsaid he did play the second half. 

GMAN, Tony Palmer has had the Gmen in 3 state semis and in two state title games the last last 4 years. That obviously VERY GOOD. But I have to ask you since you are probably as close to the Graham program as anyone. What in the world is the deal with no screens or bubbles, hitches in their passing game. I'm really scratching.my head, just alarming that it's non-existent. 

Still, credit KW. They were better and I don't know if it would have mattered, but Good Gracious, just no screens or bubbles to offset their aggressive front 7.

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Claiborne didn't play the first half due to disciplinary reasons according to their fans comments. He played the second half against Goochland. This is what I read from KW fans. I don't know if true, but theybsaid he did play the second half. 

Watched it on NFHS.  He and the QB both sat out the first half in that one.

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

GMAN, Tony Palmer has had the Gmen in 3 state semis and in Teo state title games thst last 4 years. That obviously VERY GOOD. But I have to ask you since you are probably as close to the Graham program as anyone. What in the world is the deal with no screens or bubbles, hitches in their passing game. I'm really scratching.my head, just alarming that it's non-existent. 

Still, credit KW. They were better and I don't know if it would have mattered, but Good Gracious, just no screens or bubbles to offset their aggressive front 7.

Grahams play calling in this one was very questionable. They became one demential 

Just now, Graham32 said:

Grahams play calling in this one was very questionable. 

Well, maybe? If you don't have hitches, bubbles, tunnels, he$$, any kind of screen in your playbook, then you can't call it to start with.  

Graham 2 times on 4th down jumped offsides and that was due to offensive coaching indecision.  You could tell, Grahams offensive staff was a bit rattled and indecisive and I think it helped increase the chances of jumping offsides. 

Just now, ImFromOutEast said:

It had nothing to do with behavior. 3 sat out the 1st half vs Goochland for being unsupervised in the weight room after school hours.

Gotcha, just heard some saying they're a little lippy

Congratulations to KW , the better team today but I really would have loved to played this game with a healthy Blevins on defense & Sawyers. It’s hard when your normal outside linebackers aren’t in the game and you're playing against a KW with a Claiborne. He’s the real deal! Not making excuses, we got our butts beat.  I’m not sure the score would have been the same with a 100% healthy Graham. Not saying Graham wins but saying it would most likely have been closer. Proud of our boys for keeping it classy and on a spectacular season. Wish it would have ended differently. 

3 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Grahams play calling in this one was very questionable. They became one demential 

Credit to Blevins though for toughing it out. Im sure it was difficult to be accurate with the injury regardless of which leg was hurt, which may be why there were very few pass plays to open everything up. But apparently they still thought he gave them the best chance to win.

Just now, Westisthebest said:

Credit to Blevins though for toughing it out. Im sure it was difficult to be accurate with the injury regardless of which leg was hurt, which may be why there were very few pass plays to open everything up. But apparently they still thought he gave them the best chance to win.

Agree on Blevins, but....Graham has had a non existent short and intermediate passing game all year long, even when Blevins was healthy. If you have a QB with a hurt foot, then that is precisely the time you use and go to a short, screen type passing game.