State Championship Score Updates

Deleted Account

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Gotcha, just heard some saying they're a little lippy

KW had a lot of jawing today. I’m really surprised there weren’t more flags than they got. I know that sounds like sour grapes but they were a mouthy bunch. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

KW had a lot of jawing today. I’m really surprised there weren’t more flags than they got. I know that sounds like sour grapes but they were a mouthy bunch. 

They had 3 unsportsmanlike conducts against Poquoson and Poquoson had five against them.  Poquoson isn't exactly the team you want to jaw off to.  They actually throw punches.

Congrats to Graham on a great season.  I was rooting for you guys.  I would have liked to see this game with your linebackers healthy.  For the G-Men, I agree with some of the statements above on offense.  You guys just don't seem to throw screens and had no answer for the KW's aggressive defense by having a short passing game.  This is something the G-Men really need to fix in the future.  At Radford, I wish throwing screens was all we had to fix.  I would trade it in a minute.

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Agree on Blevins, but....Graham has had a non existent short and intermediate passing game all year long, even when Blevins was healthy. If you have a QB with a hurt foot, then that is precisely the time you use and go to a short, screen type passing game.

Agree 💯. Would've loved to seen a short passing game whether slants or rb screens and get Clements and Bradshaw in the open field

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah I figured was trying to be nice.  I really root against teams who act like that.  Guess I'm getting old

Lot of un-neceasary shoves and pushes after plays.  But they were the better team.  Unusual to see that much athleticism on obe team in 2A.

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

Lot of un-neceasary shoves and pushes after plays.  But they were the better team.  Unusual to see that much athleticism on obe team in 2A.

We faced a juggernaut today but we had our chances. Tony not going under center on 4th down will haunt him. Going back in the shot gun increased his chances of a false start.

KW was the better team for sure, but not 26-28 points better. Graham's offensive coaching effort today was a D+.  Central Woodstock and Poqouson both scored more on KW. Would an A effort on offense have made up the difference? Nope, but game would have been within 7 to 10 points.

32 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hate to burst  you’re bubble but Graham was pretty mouthy to RV.  I was near the field and listened to it.     All of it was in the presence of their coaches.  A team will not be mouthy if the coach doesn’t want them to be.  Some of it is attitude and aggressiveness and an attempt to intimidate.  Some of it crosses the line.

2 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Hate to burst  you’re bubble but Graham was pretty mouthy to RV.  I was near the field and listened to it.     All of it was in the presence of their coaches.  A team will not be mouthy if the coach doesn’t want them to be.  Some of it is attitude and aggressiveness and an attempt to intimidate.  Some of it crosses the line.

Your coaches didn't run their mouth? That ship won't sail here. RV is BY FAR the worst sideline I have ever been on period. No questions asked. Was Graham chippy today and mouthy? One kid was and has been all year. Call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. I'll have to say the refs let them "play" and then some😂

11 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Your coaches didn't run their mouth? That ship won't sail here. RV is BY FAR the worst sideline I have ever been on period. No questions asked. Was Graham chippy today and mouthy? One kid was and has been all year. Call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. I'll have to say the refs let them "play" and then some😂

I lived in Tidewater and officiated 2 years. Nothing comes close to Poqouson. In a game they were losing to Bruton, the game was in the 4th qtr and all but over, and they just wanted to fight and did so. Just through punches, and it was kind of agreed upon before the fight that they would just go ahead and start one. Poqouson fans gave em a standing ovation as they left the field. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

On those 3rd and shorts he went with Meadows for what would have been QB draws most likely. The problem was each QB will have a different cadence. That equated to 3 false starts.

Coaching. Not great coaching. You do what is uncomfortable in the season in prep for things you may have to do come playoff time, and that is.....you go under center. Should have been zero to little cadence. Line the backup, big QB Meadows up under center and snap the ball. Period. 

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Coaching. Not great coaching. You do what is uncomfortable in the season in prep for things you may have to do come playoff time, and that is.....you go under center. Should have been zero to little cadence. Line the backup, big QB Meadows up under center and snap the ball. Period. 

At the end of the day you just have to tip your hat to KW. Great football team. Claiborne is a stud. Graham loses a lot but still has some good kids coming back. Hopefully its a learning experience for all. 

17 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I lived in Tidewater and officiated 2 years. Nothing comes close to Poqouson. In a game they were losing to Bruton, the game was in the 4th qtr and all but over, and they just wanted to fight and did so. Just through punches, and it was kind of agreed upon before the fight that they would just go ahead and start one. Poqouson fans gave em a standing ovation as they left the field. 

Try going to a Petersburg game on a Friday night.  You just hope your cars still there after the game and not getting mugged looking for it

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Try going to a Petersburg game on a Friday night.  You just hope your cars still there after the game and not getting mugged looking for it

I've head bad stuff about Petersburg.  Poqouson is an anomaly.  It's kind of like 7,000 Cajuns that have been placed in the middle of the Tidewater.  

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I've head bad stuff about Petersburg.  Poqouson is an anomaly.  It's kind of like 7,000 Cajuns that have been placed in the middle of the Tidewater.  

Never been there just glad to be back here.  Like to still visit family out that way but wasn't for me