State Championship Score Updates

Deleted Account

38 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Your coaches didn't run their mouth? That ship won't sail here. RV is BY FAR the worst sideline I have ever been on period. No questions asked. Was Graham chippy today and mouthy? One kid was and has been all year. Call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. I'll have to say the refs let them "play" and then some😂

Graham started talking trash during stretches.  I heard the RV coach literally say “Don’t get sucked into that. Talk on the field.”  Plus, I didn’t say anything about RV not being mouthy….I was just pointing out that the pot was calling the kettle black.  I also watched the Union Graham game and noticed the same.  It is what it is.  I bet if you poll the SWD teams about who talks the most smack…Graham will be #1.  Looks like they took some of that from KW today.  

Just now, SwvaOG said:

Graham started talking trash during stretches.  I heard the RV coach literally say “Don’t get sucked into that. Talk on the field.”  Plus, I didn’t say anything about RV not being mouthy….I was just pointing out that the pot was calling the kettle black.  I also watched the Union Graham game and noticed the same.  It is what it is.  I bet if you poll the SWD teams about who talks the most smack…Graham will be #1.  Looks like they took some of that from KW today.  

The Gmen got punched in the mouth today. KW more physical and more physical team that runs it best usually wins it late in the playoffs. KW looked like one heck of a football team to me. 

7 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Don't surprise me one bit...that goes back to coaching as well

14 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

It's not quite as noticeable as it was back in the early 2010s, but yeah Graham has never been a team afraid to be vocal on the field lol. I got no problems with it if it's not overboard, kids competing at a high level and the adrenaline rushing it'll happen, as long as no one is dirty it's not too bad. But Graham fans being up in arms over trash talk does seem a bit of Spider Man meme lol

1639259563189-768187240.jpg

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

It's not quite as noticeable as it was back in the early 2010s, but yeah Graham has never been a team afraid to be vocal on the field lol. I got no problems with it if it's not overboard, kids competing at a high level and the adrenaline rushing it'll happen, as long as no one is dirty it's not too bad. But Graham fans being up in arms over trash talk does seem a bit of Spider Man meme lol

Exactly....it's ok till it's done to you kinda thing

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

When they came to Bullitt Park in 2015, they were EXTREMELY mouthy. 

1 hour ago, Fairlawncat said:

Congrats to Graham on a great season.  I was rooting for you guys.  I would have liked to see this game with your linebackers healthy.  For the G-Men, I agree with some of the statements above on offense.  You guys just don't seem to throw screens and had no answer for the KW's aggressive defense by having a short passing game.  This is something the G-Men really need to fix in the future.  At Radford, I wish throwing screens was all we had to fix.  I would trade it in a minute.

Graham will be back.  They have a "program" over there and will be in the mix again next year.  I knew KW would be a challenge, but they were much more athletic then I anticipated and their line held up very well with Graham's line.  Claiborne was the difference, he has elite speed and every time Graham gave him an inch, he took it to the house.  KW loses a ton of seniors, this was a special team for them this year.  Didnt like some of their antics on the field, but man were they loaded with talent.  Won't see too many 2A teams with that much talent on the field at one time n most seasons.  Graham has a good mix of talent coming back and some promising looking freshmen and sophomores.  Definitely will be one of the favorites in Region D again next season.   

Talk is talk.  But the posturing, punch to the face, and that strange prissy dance one particular player did after every play in the second half of the fourth is another. They won a game they deserved to win, just didn’t win respect here.   Am I the only one that found watching Claiborne was a like a blast from the past when a certain #2 wore the G star?  

2 minutes ago, GHS89 said:

Talk is talk.  But the posturing, punch to the face, and that strange prissy dance one particular player did after every play in the second half of the fourth is another. They won a game they deserved to win, just didn’t win respect here.   Am I the only one that found watching Claiborne was a like a blast from the past when a certain #2 wore the G star?  

Claiborne was everything I thought he was going to be. Graham was good but King William was the better team and they just out played and out coached us.