Predictions for Next Season

generallyspeaking

Mountain 7      Battle... poor Battle. Lee, who knows. Central should fall off a little. Ridgeview will be gearing up for a potentially deep playoff run. Union will be reloading, they lose almost all of their offense from 2021 (QB, top RB and WR). Lee looks to be better. Gate City who knows, probably better overall but they lose their best player and the majority of their offense. Abingdon, they lose a lot but seem to have built a strong program. They will have the QB who started the season back but I think they lose both RBs and at least 2 WRs.

I don't know much about the SWD but

Tazewell has some young talent this season. Richlands will be different next season after losing a couple of playmakers. Graham looks to be strong again but may take a step back after losing 2 D1 players. Marion shew, seems like they were young in 2021. Virginia I know they lose some and return some, they could have another good year.

1D

A lot of weak teams.

Holston loses what was left of the talent from this 2 year run, we will see if they can reload. Not sure about the other teams up that way.

Rye Cove has a lot coming up but will be very young. Thomas Walker loses their bet player and didnt have much else in terms of playmakers. Castlewood wasn't good and looks to stay true to form. Eastside loses a lot (QB, RB, WR). Twin Springs loses a lot (WR, RB, best OL). JIB should bounce back if Caudill can rally the troops.

Honaker doesn't have a lot to work with. Twin Valley lost their superstar and idk if they have the kids to replace him. Hurley has been young for a couple of seasons and may finally be growing up but they still don't have a lot of talent. 

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Mountain 7      Battle... poor Battle. Lee, who knows. Central should fall off a little. Ridgeview will be gearing up for a potentially deep playoff run. Union will be reloading, they lose almost all of their offense from 2021 (QB, top RB and WR). Lee looks to be better. Gate City who knows, probably better overall but they lose their best player and the majority of their offense. Abingdon, they lose a lot but seem to have built a strong program. They will have the QB who started the season back but I think they lose both RBs and at least 2 WRs.

I don't know much about the SWD but

Tazewell has some young talent this season. Richlands will be different next season after losing a couple of playmakers. Graham looks to be strong again but may take a step back after losing 2 D1 players. Marion shew, seems like they were young in 2021. Virginia I know they lose some and return some, they could have another good year.

1D

A lot of weak teams.

Holston loses what was left of the talent from this 2 year run, we will see if they can reload. Not sure about the other teams up that way.

Rye Cove has a lot coming up but will be very young. Thomas Walker loses their bet player and didnt have much else in terms of playmakers. Castlewood wasn't good and looks to stay true to form. Eastside loses a lot (QB, RB, WR). Twin Springs loses a lot (WR, RB, best OL). JIB should bounce back if Caudill can rally the troops.

Honaker doesn't have a lot to work with. Twin Valley lost their superstar and idk if they have the kids to replace him. Hurley has been young for a couple of seasons and may finally be growing up but they still don't have a lot of talent. 

GW should be pretty good, they return everyone

RV and U - are the teams to beat in the m7. RV has alot of studs returning, but so does U. Even though U lost several great players, they still have a solid upcoming senior class and many talented underclassmen. 

Abingdon - losing alot as well, but I feel like they have a solid program overall and will still be competitive. 

Central - they're losing the majority of their best players. I think Coach Owens does a great job, but it's still going to take a while for this program to recuperate.

GC - Losing their best player and several others. Gonna be a tough year for them. It's a toss up for them or Lee in this spot.

Lee - They are improving, but not as much as their fans like to act/think. Until they beat someone of some significance, I'm not all that impressed.  Another thing I don't understand about LHS is how they leave in their starters when the other team takes their starters out, then their better players pad their stats on someone's backups. The point is, it gives the illusion that they're improving more than they actually are to those who don't pay close attention or know a lot. Having said all that, don't see them finishing that much higher than this year. They might beat GC. Can't decide.

JB - I wish they'd improve, but I still don't see it happening anytime soon.

I'm not sure Union has a great year next year. It may be a re-building year for them.

I think RV may be the best team in M7 next year with the athletes they have coming back.

Who knows what Abingdon will produce with the talent they had on the bench. They seemed to have some solid backups. 

Central will have to be very well coached to win.

Gate City......not sure maybe two years out for them

Lee.....will continue to be Lee for one more year

John Battle will still be better at baseball

37 minutes ago, foosballer said:

I'm not sure Union has a great year next year. It may be a re-building year for them.

I think RV may be the best team in M7 next year with the athletes they have coming back.

Who knows what Abingdon will produce with the talent they had on the bench. They seemed to have some solid backups. 

Central will have to be very well coached to win.

Gate City......not sure maybe two years out for them

Lee.....will continue to be Lee for one more year

John Battle will still be better at baseball

I agree that it's gonna be a tough year for for them, but I'm not counting them out yet.  But, I still think they finish strong and above others in M7 besides RV. RV is definitely gonna be a handful for them. 

23 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Ridgeview will win district next year unless they decide to play only 2 quarters every game again

12 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I predict if union don't go undefeated and win state title some clown will come on here wanting to know if union should get rid of Turner or not

Haha

Very true (both posts), lol.

Turner needs to go about as bad as Palmer needs to go. Lol. I think we need to have a m7 coach switch up. Let them all take a different team and see how/if things change —they gotta take their coaching staff with them too.

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I would say those are the odds on favorites with the edge going to Ridgeview.

I agree if Ridgeview can't win region next year they never will.  Gonna go out on a limb and pick Appo for region C and riverheads to win state.  I know guys I'm a gambler

13 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

I think in the program at the playoff game Eastsides QB was listed as a JR.  It also had 66 as a Sophomore and I am pretty sure he is a SR.  

QB may be a JR, 66 is definitely a SR

26 minutes ago, Backpack said:

Ridgeview wins the region next year and maybe even state. 

I would say It might boil down to Graham and Ridgeview again. However, Union always seems to be in the mix and Central has really stepped forward the past couple of years.  Don't sleep on Graham, they lost a lot, but have a ton of young talent.  Can't wait to see how Isabelle and Edwards contribute next season.  Those 2 freshmen have a lot of potential. They lost their big 3 in Blevins, Bradshaw and Meadows.  But the younger Meadows at qb will be solid, Omarri Hill looks to be another great lineman coming up at Graham and they will have plenty of depth again at rb and receiver.  They need to diversify their offense some more next season, won't be able to bulldoze over everybody tonrun a sweep with Bradshaw any more.  They have talent, but will need to be more creative with it.

I'm hoping Tazewell puts together more wins then losses and competes with the top teams  Their linemen need to spend a lot of time in yhe weight room getting bigger and stronger.

In region C, I think Appo will lose a step or 2, they lose a lot of talent.  

King William was in-real with the amount of talent on that team  They lose most of it.  I'm hoping for more parity come playoff time and that somebody from D takes it all next year.

The fact that a lot of teams are losing a lot of studs is definitely going to make things interesting next season.  Of the teams that are losing a lot, I think Graham and Union are the teams that shouldn’t be slept on.  Both teams have some solid players moving up even if they’re not DI, record breaking stars. I’m actually really looking forward to that matchup. 

5 hours ago, Backpack said:

Ridgeview wins the region next year and maybe even state. 

I don’t think they have the OL and DL nor depth for that.  If they were to win Region it would be hard for them to match up beyond that.  They have to find a running game and a good RB.  And I worry about the play calling still…too many lulls in the offensive flow.