Predictions for Next Season

generallyspeaking

1 hour ago, elefan said:

The fact that a lot of teams are losing a lot of studs is definitely going to make things interesting next season.  Of the teams that are losing a lot, I think Graham and Union are the teams that shouldn’t be slept on.  Both teams have some solid players moving up even if they’re not DI, record breaking stars. I’m actually really looking forward to that matchup. 

Same here.  Graham is now 4-5 against Union.  Going to be interesting to see if they even up the series or not.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:54 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

I predict if union don't go undefeated and win state title some clown will come on here wanting to know if union should get rid of Turner or not

Haha

or some overly sensitive jughead on a messgae board will want to hold onto something that doesnt work

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

M7:

(1) Ridgeview

(2) Abingdon

(3) Central

(4) Union

(5) Lee

——————————

(6) GC

(7) Battle

SWD:

(1) Graham

(2) Tazewell

(3) Virginia

(4) Richlands

——————————

(5) Marion

Teams above the line make the playoffs.

M7 looks about right but I think Union and Central should be flipped.  Central loses almost everyone.  Wouldn't surprise me if Lee jumps them.  

7 hours ago, goose111874 said:

M7 looks about right but I think Union and Central should be flipped.  Central loses almost everyone.  Wouldn't surprise me if Lee jumps them.  

Central loses a fair number of seniors, but still has quite a few juniors.  It’ll be 2023 where I think Central may be rebuilding a little.

12 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Same here.  Graham is now 4-5 against Union.  Going to be interesting to see if they even up the series or not.

TT and TP are tied 4-4. This should be a great rivalry for next 15 years.

34 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

What you realistically expect

Obviously, Betty and Veronica didn't give Reggie enough attention in high school. I'm excited to see how Archie helps this situation progress (or fly off the rails). Maybe Dilton and Moose will make an appearance. But Hotdog was always my favorite. 

If Tazewell can bulk up their line and get Creasey time to throw, they will be dangerous on offense.  Defensively got to bulk up the line as well and work on plugging those run lanes.  Dogs schedule is tough with Graham, Bluefield, Riverheads and even Mt View that made it 9-1 last year regular season (wonder who that only loss was 😁) plus fact Richlands is tough no matter what and Grundy really improved.

Can't wait and let the long countdown continue

5 hours ago, stu_bean said:

If Tazewell can bulk up their line and get Creasey time to throw, they will be dangerous on offense.  Defensively got to bulk up the line as well and work on plugging those run lanes.  Dogs schedule is tough with Graham, Bluefield, Riverheads and even Mt View that made it 9-1 last year regular season (wonder who that only loss was 😁) plus fact Richlands is tough no matter what and Grundy really improved.

Can't wait and let the long countdown continue

Mount View won’t be on the schedule going forward. MV’s decision. 

1 hour ago, THS6805 said:

What does schedule look like for dawgs.

8/19 @Chilhowie (Benefit Game)
8/26 Virginia High 
9/2 Graham 
9/9 Looking for a game 
9/16 John Battle
9/23 @Riverheads
9/30 @Grundy 
10/7 @Richlands 
10/14 @Bluefield
10/21 Marion
10/28 Fort Chiswell

Someone on Wvtailgatecentral.com is reporting that Keyser, WV will host tazewell on 9/9 but as far as I know that’s not fully agreed upon 

5 hours ago, EH31 said:

8/19 @Chilhowie (Benefit Game)
8/26 Virginia High 
9/2 Graham 
9/9 Looking for a game 
9/16 John Battle
9/23 @Riverheads
9/30 @Grundy 
10/7 @Richlands 
10/14 @Bluefield
10/21 Marion
10/28 Fort Chiswell

Someone on Wvtailgatecentral.com is reporting that Keyser, WV will host tazewell on 9/9 but as far as I know that’s not fully agreed upon 

Trips to Riverheads and Keyser in a 3 week span is ROUGH. 

Who did Tazewell play in that week last year or did they just have a 9 game schedule?  Personally it may be advisable to hold off if you are looking at trips that far. There are likely to be some holes in many schedules this year due to declining participation in football.

31 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Who did Tazewell play in that week last year or did they just have a 9 game schedule?  Personally it may be advisable to hold off if you are looking at trips that far. There are likely to be some holes in many schedules this year due to declining participation in football.

Was Mt View but for some reason they canceled the series

8 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Trips to Riverheads and Keyser in a 3 week span is ROUGH. 

I'd think I would try to find a replacement a little closer than Keyser. They could possibly play several TN teams that would be a heck of a lot closer than that. Like you said, that will be rough. 

21 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'd think I would try to find a replacement a little closer than Keyser. They could possibly play several TN teams that would be a heck of a lot closer than that. Like you said, that will be rough. 

Same for Kentucky.  You could to to Eastern Kentucky, Northeast Tennessee, Northwestern North Carolina.  All closer than Keyser.

There are big concerns at TV and Castlewood about their numbers for next year as I understand it.  That is two opponents Honaker may need to replace. Also one Lebanon would need to replace.  I hope both schools are able to field teams next year.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:36 AM, CPF said:

TT and TP are tied 4-4. This should be a great rivalry for next 15 years.

Pretty sure its 4-5.  Union beat Graham in the playoffs about 10 or so years ago at Mitchell   I think that was the game when Mike Williams went for it on 4th and 1 from his own 14 on the first series..  Something along the lines of 35-21 was the final. Then in 2015 Graham lost at Union with Jamorya Cousin 49-28 or something like that.  In 2017 Graham got destroyed in the region championship 38-0 or something like that.  In 2019, Union beat Graham in the regular season 37-35 on a last minute field goal.  In the spring of 2021, Union beat Graham on the last play of the game.

Graham beat Union 28-7 in 2018.  48-7(something like that) in 2019.and twice this season.

5 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Pretty sure its 4-5.  Union beat Graham in the playoffs about 10 or so years ago at Mitchell   I think that was the game when Mike Williams went for it on 4th and 1 from his own 14 on the first series..  Something along the lines of 35-21 was the final. Then in 2015 Graham lost at Union with Jamorya Cousin 49-28 or something like that.  In 2017 Graham got destroyed in the region championship 38-0 or something like that.  In 2019, Union beat Graham in the regular season 37-35 on a last minute field goal.  In the spring of 2021, Union beat Graham on the last play of the game.

Graham beat Union 28-7 in 2018.  48-7(something like that) in 2019.and twice this season.

By four seasons, Union and Graham have played nine times total, the first in 2012 (Union W). The others are 2015 and on, and it's 4-4 so Turner v. Palmer is 4-4.

30 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

By four seasons, Union and Graham have played nine times total, the first in 2012 (Union W). The others are 2015 and on, and it's 4-4 so Turner v. Palmer is 4-4.

Ok.  I see.  My original post was about the overall between Union and Graham.

Guys, all the respect in the world to Ridgeview and what they return, but I wouldn't pick against Graham to win the region.  They've played in 3 out of 4 state semi-finals and were a near miss from making it 4 out of 4.  Graham is absolutely loaded with talent from their little leagues and on up, and some might be underestimating Graham next year.  It's easy to look at the loss of 2 FBS-P5 kids and assume they take a step back, but it's what Graham will likely add.  Palmer is a players coach and the kids over in Bluefield obviously like playing for him.  There's no reason to believe Graham will not add 2 or 3 more transfers for next season.  Adding 2 or 3 transfers is More likely than Not.  With what Graham returns on the line of scrimmage and at linebacker and at running back, they are one athletic QB and 1 other fast wide receiver from repeating as Region Champions.  

The exact same thing above applies to Galax, minus the transfers.  Galax is just on autopilot and they keep rolling.  Hopefully, Giles can close the gap next year and hopefully we at least advance to the region title game against Galax and have a shot at it.  Right now, I still favor Galax to advance again to win 1C like I do with Graham in 2D.  In 1D, I have no idea.  Probably Chilhowie would be my guess and in 2C, it's hard to pick against Appomattox, but Radford will be better.

Sleeper Team-Tazewell Bulldogs.  They have the athletes at the skilled positions.  If they get the front 5 from tackle to tackle and their front 4 on defense worked out, they are going to be a handful.