Predictions for Next Season

generallyspeaking

12 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

M7

1. RV

2. Union

3. Abingdon

4. Gate City (lineplay enough to overcome Lee, Central, and Battle).

5. Lee (coaching)

6. Central

7. Battle

SWD

1. Graham

2. Richlands- loses Webb and the QB, and is forced to play power football which is what they should have been doing anyway for the past 20 years. It will pay off by accident. 

3. Tazewell, Tazewell could be 2 and Richlands 3. I think it's a tossup/close game with those two anyway.

4. Va

5. Marion

Only my opinion, pure guess

Lolololol. 
Sure. On a team with the 2 time state POY and  2 All-State WR, we should have ignored all that and ran in the power I. 😂😂

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Lolololol. 
Sure. On a team with the 2 time state POY and  2 All-State WR, we should have ignored all that and ran in the power I. 😂😂

"Should have ignored all that and ran in the power I." <----------Emotion before rational thought.  At no point was there an argument given for "ignoring all that." 

22 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

"Should have ignored all that and ran in the power I." <----------Emotion before rational thought.  At no point was there an argument given for "ignoring all that." 

You literally said we should have been playing power football for 20 years. If you do that, you lean away from the passing game, something that was clearly Mance’s strength. You can’t play the spread and the power game. So you have to ignore one of them to some degree. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

You literally said we should have been playing power football for 20 years. If you do that, you lean away from the passing game, something that was clearly Mance’s strength. You can’t play the spread and the power game. So you have to ignore one of them to some degree. 

Bottom line is this in my opinion, should have been a run oriented team first over the past 20 years and thinking about the pass as a second option.  That certainly doesn't mean that you never pass the football, and it certainly doesn't mean you don't run it all the time.  <-----This is my opinion.  I get it, you don't like it, but I don't agree with the idea that Richlands should have been a pass heavy first option team, regardless of Mance's strength.  Just simply two different spectrums of opinion on the matter.    

16 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

It will be interesting watching Richlands and Tazewell this year.  Tazewell is more talented but I wonder if they will be able to get past their Richlands block.  Also, Va High still returns some talent but they have to learn how to play defense.

Tazewell got over that hump in the spring season and almost did it again last year I don’t think the block is as tough as it has been in the past. VA high didn’t have to worry about defense last year because they had Stevie take him away and that becomes a big Liability but the QB and Poku and back correct? That in its self is worth almost 14 a game with the deep threat. And Stevies little brother is very talented that offense may not miss a beat 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:06 PM, Jags52 said:

Tazewell got over that hump in the spring season and almost did it again last year I don’t think the block is as tough as it has been in the past. VA high didn’t have to worry about defense last year because they had Stevie take him away and that becomes a big Liability but the QB and Poku and back correct? That in its self is worth almost 14 a game with the deep threat. And Stevies little brother is very talented that offense may not miss a beat 

I think ridgeview will be a bust, I've heard lots of bad attitudes from players and coaches. I think Lee is going to go further than Ridgeview IMHO. Central will impress, they will upset Ridgeview in either first or second round and Central will play Graham for Regional final. 

2 hours ago, footballsmartie04 said:

I think ridgeview will be a bust, I've heard lots of bad attitudes from players and coaches. I think Lee is going to go further than Ridgeview IMHO. Central will impress, they will upset Ridgeview in either first or second round and Central will play Graham for Regional final. 

I see Union as the spoiler in the M7.  Central is losing their coach and that can be a big adjustment.  Union is consistently good and always seems to have enough talent to make a run.  I think Ridgeview should be favored to be the top 2A M7 team followed by Union and Central.

Ridgeview should be favored to win Region D next season.  Graham will be very strong again and are a QB and a short yardage RB away from making another deep run.  Also, Graham needs to diversify the offense a bit, they are too predictable and will not beat the better teams by doing the same things over and over.  Graham's defense should be flat out nasty next year.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, footballsmartie04 said:

6 hours ago, footballsmartie04 said:

Great prediction! Graham will also have a post championship game hangover which will lead to Marion winning region D.

1 hour ago, footballsmartie04 said:

100% serious, Beavers will get shut down once he plays a real corner. Central will put at least 3 players on him and Lee county will hurt ridgeview with the pass due to them losing some key defenders.

Ok, still not sure if you’re trolling or really don’t know that much about M7 football but I’ll do this once.  Central doubled Beavers in the playoffs and Cannon Hill destroyed them, so they definitely won’t put three on him.  Lee will be much improved…so you’ve got that.  They will finish no better than 4th in M7. Beavers went against Jenkins (GC), Webb (Richlands) and Bradshaw…all three D-1 players not to mention the Cook kid from Abingdon, Graham’s other D-2 bound corner and the DBs from Bluefield.  That’s a lot of disrespect to a lot of good players.

21 hours ago, footballsmartie04 said:

C’mon, you can’t really be serious. Yeah, I do see Lee be an improved team. But, I don’t see them hurting anyone with the pass unless it’s a weaker team or a maybe stronger team’s backups. I know their coach was trying to build confidence, but it’s pretty obvious that they let their starters rack up yardage on their opponent’s 2nd/3rd string, then they’d celebrate those misleading stats.  I think they’ve given some people (yourself included) some false hope. I sincerely hope they do better. They’ve had some rough years. I don’t think they’re quite ready to beat teams like RV, Central, or Union just yet. 

Also, just who do you consider a “real” corner? Beavers went up against some pretty darn good players and still proved himself IMHO. 

19 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I see Union as the spoiler in the M7.  Central is losing their coach and that can be a big adjustment.  Union is consistently good and always seems to have enough talent to make a run.  I think Ridgeview should be favored to be the top 2A M7 team followed by Union and Central.

Not sure if Union could ever be considered the spoiler. They’ve been the top dogs in the m7 (minus abingdon) forever it feels like and until RV or Central handily beat them more than once they will always be the district favorite in my opinion. Too well coached to have down years even when their athletes aren’t as talented and plentiful as they used to be.

Ridgeview will be as good as their team chemistry and coaching allows. If they can strengthen their run game to take pressure off the pass they’ll be a hard night for anyone. Egos, bad coaching decisions and poor discipline may be their undoing.

Central will more than likely struggle in their first year with a new coach regardless of their talent level. Transitioning to a new offense after having an established identity might take a while for those kids to get used to but they’ll start clicking as the season goes.

Lee has some firepower on offense with the RB Huff who’s a hard runner and the QB Pendergraft who can sling it and could very well upset Union, RV or Central on any given night. But where they are bad, they are really bad. Especially on the defensive side. Their OLBs and secondary could not tackle a soul last season and would consistently get chewed up on the outside in the run game. Interior d-line was their strong suit. As for keeping their starters in for the whole game, that is true, but Lee’s first string are the same age as the second string guys they play against, they don’t really have a lot of JV guys to let develop. This years 2nd string opponents is who they’ll be seeing on the field next year. 

I know nothing about Gate City and Battle but Abingdon will be consistent as always with their unlimited pool of kids

3 hours ago, generallyspeaking said:

Not sure if Union could ever be considered the spoiler. They’ve been the top dogs in the m7 (minus abingdon) forever it feels like and until RV or Central handily beat them more than once they will always be the district favorite in my opinion. Too well coached to have down years even when their athletes aren’t as talented and plentiful as they used to be.

Ridgeview will be as good as their team chemistry and coaching allows. If they can strengthen their run game to take pressure off the pass they’ll be a hard night for anyone. Egos, bad coaching decisions and poor discipline may be their undoing.

Central will more than likely struggle in their first year with a new coach regardless of their talent level. Transitioning to a new offense after having an established identity might take a while for those kids to get used to but they’ll start clicking as the season goes.

Lee has some firepower on offense with the RB Huff who’s a hard runner and the QB Pendergraft who can sling it and could very well upset Union, RV or Central on any given night. But where they are bad, they are really bad. Especially on the defensive side. Their OLBs and secondary could not tackle a soul last season and would consistently get chewed up on the outside in the run game. Interior d-line was their strong suit. As for keeping their starters in for the whole game, that is true, but Lee’s first string are the same age as the second string guys they play against, they don’t really have a lot of JV guys to let develop. This years 2nd string opponents is who they’ll be seeing on the field next year. 

I know nothing about Gate City and Battle but Abingdon will be consistent as always with their unlimited pool of kids

Agree with everything you say except that Lee’s offense has what it takes to upset a team like Union. Not dogging their boys and I understand they’re young, but their big accomplishments thus far have been against weak teams or a decent team’s second string. When they have a big night against RV, Abingdon, Union, etc. and it doesn’t happen in the second half after their first string has came out, I’ll be a believer too. I hope you’re right, man. I’d love to see Lee be competitive again. I just don’t think they’re quite there yet. 

15 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Ok, still not sure if you’re trolling or really don’t know that much about M7 football but I’ll do this once.  Central doubled Beavers in the playoffs and Cannon Hill destroyed them, so they definitely won’t put three on him.  Lee will be much improved…so you’ve got that.  They will finish no better than 4th in M7. Beavers went against Jenkins (GC), Webb (Richlands) and Bradshaw…all three D-1 players not to mention the Cook kid from Abingdon, Graham’s other D-2 bound corner and the DBs from Bluefield.  That’s a lot of disrespect to a lot of good players.

I am not sure Cannon Hill destroyed them but O’Quinn did he got outside the box made Central’s corners bite and he made them pay for it.   O’Quinn is Ridgeview game changer. 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, footballsmartie04 said:

That’s a twisted view of things. 

4 hours ago, BKFootball said:

I am not sure Cannon Hill destroyed them but O’Quinn did he got outside the box made Central’s corners bite and he made them pay for it.   O’Quinn is Ridgeview game changer. 

Hill created a mismatch when Central refused to lift the bracket off Beavers.  That freed O’Quinn up as well on his zone reads as one less defender in the box due to the bracket.  I’m thinking you’ll see a whole year of Hill as WR next year.  They are limited by their OL’s run blocking.