Predictions for Next Season

generallyspeaking

12 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I agree.  Ridgview isn't a bust.  RV is going to bust some a** next year

RV is bringing back a QB that put up good numbers as a freshman and a 1,000 yard receiver. In a year where the region graduated 4 D1 guys they could make a run if they are solid up front. Really Tazewell and RV have very similar teams coming back it should be interesting to watch

On 1/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, SwvaOG said:

Hill created a mismatch when Central refused to lift the bracket off Beavers.  That freed O’Quinn up as well on his zone reads as one less defender in the box due to the bracket.  I’m thinking you’ll see a whole year of Hill as WR next year.  They are limited by their OL’s run blocking.  

I do agree he should move to WR, he way better WR then RB even with the good line they had thats about the best move they can make and maybe leave the Hartsock kid at RB they would make the offense way better Hartsock is a better RB.

22 minutes ago, BKFootball said:

I do agree he should move to WR, he way better WR then RB even with the good line they had thats about the best move they can make and maybe leave the Hartsock kid at RB they would make the offense way better Hartsock is a better RB.

I think Hartsock is a Senior. Look for the Hackney kid (played H-Back this season) to move to Tailback in 2022

7 hours ago, redtiger said:

I think Hartsock is a Senior. Look for the Hackney kid (played H-Back this season) to move to Tailback in 2022

Hartsock returns,  part of that big Jr class they got.  But I agree that the Hackney kid would make a good RB….could be a load to handle which would be a nice counter to throwing the ball all over the field.  Hill looked like he always was trying to get the corner but didn’t have the foot speed to do so.  He would had been better served if he would gone the bruising tailback route. He’s make a hell of a TE in the right system….like All State TE.  RV should use him at Hback and throw and let him run a bit…but he doesn’t seem like he wants to block.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, generallyspeaking said:

The real predictions to be making is when are the Union fans going to be calling for Turner and crews’ heads. Will it be by week 5? or will they survive until the inevitable second round loss? lol

I think he's an alright coach but I can see why some have a problem with the play calling but it could be worse we could be Lee H I guess

I only have two predictions for this year...

1. @cityofRaven will get a lucrative endorsement deal from Happy Socks.  There's no one better at endorsing game day socks, that's for sure.

2. @EH31 will still not pay his debt by providing each and every member of the board with a Frosty for an epic failed wager from a few years back.

That's all I got.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I only have two predictions for this year...

1. @cityofRaven will get a lucrative endorsement deal from Happy Socks.  There's no one better at endorsing game day socks, that's for sure.

2. @EH31 will still not pay his debt by providing each and every member of the board with a Frosty for an epic failed wager from a few years back.

That's all I got.

If I may be so bold, I would like to extend a few predictions of my own:

1. Someone not named John Battle will win the M7.

2. The Hogoheegee will change its name to something more sensitive to Native Americans. Chilhowie will change their name to something less sensitive.

3. The fine folks in Wytheville will determine, much to everyone's surprise, that Maroon is just a color.

4. Union will hire the ghost of Harry Ragsdale to lead their football program. The entire state will quake in fear at the thought of the single-winged bears.

5. Many parades will be held in Tazewell. A couple might have something to do with football.

6. Ridgeview and Union will play each other. Someone will win.

7. Watch out for Garden, Rich Valley, Fries, and Shawsville. They're all overdue for a run.

8. Chris Akers gets a Regional Championship Trophy, but someone accidently mails it to Gate City.

27 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

2. The Hogoheegee will change its name to something more sensitive to Native Americans. Chilhowie will change their name to something less sensitive.

I like this one lets brainstorm

Hogoheegee- interstate 81 district, Native american, Patriot, Kings helper, and Jungle Cat district ( or NAPKHJC for short), or for the PC crowd, the district. that shouldnt offend anyone

Chilhowie- Chilhowie deer, Chilhowie Jeffs, Chilhowie Riverfronts (sponsorship opportunity there), Chilhowie White toppers, or Chilhowie El Campestre (concession stands can serve tacos)

just split balling here

1D, Holston and Chilhowie  (I've read on here Chilhowie returns a bunch, but I also read where Holston lost a lot of seniors from the 2020 team, not the 2021 team.  Until Chilhowie, P. Henry, Grundy, Burton or somebody knocks them off, I'm not picking against them.

2D, Ridgeview and Graham  (Considering what RV returns, I go with RV).  Graham has won the Region 3 out of 4 years and has bucket loads of talent.  Depending on who Graham gets in the transfer portal over the next 8 months, this might pick might change.

1C, Galax and Giles (McCluer returns All Everything John "Bo Duke" Snider, but they lost a bunch on that gigantic line of scrimmage.)  I think Giles surpasses them and plays for the region title against the overall best team in 1C in Galax.

2D, Radford and Appo- (Appo loses a bunch, even with returning two D1 players, lots lost on the line, at QB, and 3 wide receivers)  Radford returns most of their starters including a major Div 1 prospect and super talent.  I got Radford winning this region.  Radford will be better on the line of scrimmage than Appo, and I think they win the region for the first time since 2018 over Appo.  I think Radford is a real threat to actually win the state championship next year.  I know they have a whole lot of talent over there on that team and in the pipeline, especially on the line of scrimmage.

Just a guess.  

On 1/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, Tigers_07 said:

Pretty much for 1D. It runs through Chilhowie, Patrick Henry, Grundy and Burton. 2D, it's a toss up between, Graham, Ridgeview, Union, and the dark horses, Tazewell and Richlands.

Burton is an interesting mention.  They had a disappointing year and graduate quite a few key players I thought off of this years team.  Maybe I am mistaken.  I know Buchannon and Johnny Williams graduate most notably.

36 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Burton is an interesting mention.  They had a disappointing year and graduate quite a few key players I thought off of this years team.  Maybe I am mistaken.  I know Buchannon and Johnny Williams graduate most notably.

Burton graduates most of the talent off of a team that won 1 game. Accompanying this with a pretty brutal out of conference schedule and a strong chance of starting 0-5 they may be in trouble.

4 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

They bring back the best player on the team in Keyes #7, but lose Buchanan, Big Johnny, and in my opinion the best linebacker in the district in #33. Got a good young group coming up, including another Culbertson at QB so I wouldn’t sleep on them. They play the toughest schedule in 1D, so they will lose some games, but if they can fight through early struggles they are going to be in the mix in the Cumberland like always .

• 2 months later...