Predictions for Next Season

generallyspeaking

Parry McCluer Head Coach calls it quits after going 9-4 in his first year for the Blues last season and taking them to the Regional Championship Game.  (This is kind of late news, but oh well, it's probably not known in Region D very well).  The PM coach did not have a "falling out" with McCluer.  He cited a better opportunity at Nelson County, as he takes over for them.  His home is in Rustburg, so he was making the commute to Buena Vista daily, over an hour, and the drive to Nelson County High is still not chump change from Rustburg.  It's a 40 minute ride give or take.  In addition to the shorter driving distance, he cited a pay raise at Nelson County.  

Here is the one central problem though.........Did I mention Nelson County above?  Talking about being awful for a long time, and there are some places where you just can't win.  I just don't know if he can win there.  Maybe he can.  We will see.  As for McCluer, they return a lot of their skilled position guys, but lose a bunch on the line of scrimmage.  I think Giles will surpass McCluer in 2022, and would be surprised if we aren't playing in the regional title against Galax.  Surprised may not be a good word.  Disappointed would be a better word. 

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Parry McCluer Head Coach calls it quits after going 9-4 in his first year for the Blues last season and taking them to the Regional Championship Game.  (This is kind of late news, but oh well, it's probably not known in Region D very well).  The PM coach did not have a "falling out" with McCluer.  He cited a better opportunity at Nelson County, as he takes over for them.  His home is in Rustburg, so he was making the commute to Buena Vista daily, over an hour, and the drive to Nelson County High is still not chump change from Rustburg.  It's a 40 minute ride give or take.  In addition to the shorter driving distance, he cited a pay raise at Nelson County.  

Here is the one central problem though.........Did I mention Nelson County above?  Talking about being awful for a long time, and there are some places where you just can't win.  I just don't know if he can win there.  Maybe he can.  We will see.  As for McCluer, they return a lot of their skilled position guys, but lose a bunch on the line of scrimmage.  I think Giles will surpass McCluer in 2022, and would be surprised if we aren't playing in the regional title against Galax.  Surprised may not be a good word.  Disappointed would be a better word. 

Apologies.  Didn't mean to post twice

On 4/23/2022 at 12:05 PM, tbgfan said:

I hear the Gmen are going to be playing their games at Ernie this fall.  Heard it from a Gman fan and supporter.  True?

No

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

All 5 return from last year, and there are 3 newcomers who will push for playing time from Day 1.  It’ll be a competent unit.

I'm impressed with the returning athletes that Tazewell has coming up.  Good looking bunch of athletes.  Could be dangerous.

11 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Nick Colobro is coming back to Tazewell and Gate City is leaving the M7 District to join the Southwest. Also, Dennis Vaught is returning to Richlands. 

You can take that to the bank! Book it!

I was with you until you said Vaught is returning to Richlands.

3 hours ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

There are rumblings that Beavers (Ridgeview) and the QB from Dickenson County are going to become Blue Tornados. 

Granted there were also rumblings that Tazewell’s own QB-WR duo was coming to RHS with their coach taking over as OC. 

Those are nothing more than rumors on both accounts.  My question would be why?  In both of those scenarios.  Nothing to gain.

3 hours ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

There are rumblings that Beavers (Ridgeview) and the QB from Dickenson County are going to become Blue Tornados. 

Granted there were also rumblings that Tazewell’s own QB-WR duo was coming to RHS with their coach taking over as OC. 

Sir, I don't know who you are, but "Austrian Ben Shapiro"? That's freakin awesome.  Iove it. Beavers is a stud. His daddy and uncle were Richlands guys, so anything is possible. My guess......100% pure guess and no knowledge, and Ryan would know most. My guess is Richlands is going to run it a whole lot more than many years past. Now, I know I say this every year and it doesn't happen, but with what they lost in the QB and D1 Webb, and Mance now far gone from the program, my guess is we see more runs. All of that certainly will not be the case if the two from RV come there. 

Also, I wonder where the two kids from RV live?  Please don't answer that on here. It's a hypothetical. The Haysi area is a whole lot more doable than the Clintwood area. The Haysi area doesn't require a physical move as much as Clintwood would regarding distance to Richlands, if I remember my SWVA geography correctly.