Predictions for Next Season

generallyspeaking

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Sir, I don't know who you are, but "Austrian Ben Shapiro"? That's freakin awesome.  Iove it. Beavers is a stud. His daddy and uncle were Richlands guys, so anything is possible. My guess......100% pure guess and no knowledge, and Ryan would know most. My guess is Richlands is going to run it a whole lot more than many years past. Now, I know I say this every year and it doesn't happen, but with what they lost in the QB and D1 Webb, and Mance now far gone from the program, my guess is we see more runs.  Disclaimer- I like runs! All of that certainly will not be the case if the two from RV come there. 

Also, I wonder where the two kids from RV live?  Please don't answer that on here. It's a hypothetical. The Haysi area is a whole lot more doable than the Clintwood area. The Haysi area doesn't require a physical move as much as Clintwood would regarding distance to Richlands, if I remember my SWVA geography correctly.

20 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Those are nothing more than rumors on both accounts.  My question would be why?  In both of those scenarios.  Nothing to gain.

But are they nothing more than rumors? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

But are they nothing more than rumors? 🤔

A lot of rumors out there for sure.  I’ve spoke to that family about it as I know the uncle well.  He said if the QB leaves, Beavers is gone, 100%…but I was told some bigger schools are talking to them so I don’t think it is just a Richlands thing.  The dad is pretty vocal about RV’s lack of focus and all the drama.

20 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

A lot of rumors out there for sure.  I’ve spoke to that family about it as I know the uncle well.  He said if the QB leaves, Beavers is gone, 100%…but I was told some bigger schools are talking to them so I don’t think it is just a Richlands thing.  The dad is pretty vocal about RV’s lack of focus and all the drama.

There’s definitely a certain school that would love them that’s not Richlands. 

10 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Haven’t heard the one about the Tazewell kids.  Could you imagine that?  That would piss off the Bulldog faithful.

That would be crazy but I can't see that happening. I guess stranger things have occurred though. 

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Sir, I don't know who you are, but "Austrian Ben Shapiro"? That's freakin awesome.  Iove it. Beavers is a stud. His daddy and uncle were Richlands guys, so anything is possible. My guess......100% pure guess and no knowledge, and Ryan would know most. My guess is Richlands is going to run it a whole lot more than many years past. Now, I know I say this every year and it doesn't happen, but with what they lost in the QB and D1 Webb, and Mance now far gone from the program, my guess is we see more runs. All of that certainly will not be the case if the two from RV come there. 

Also, I wonder where the two kids from RV live?  Please don't answer that on here. It's a hypothetical. The Haysi area is a whole lot more doable than the Clintwood area. The Haysi area doesn't require a physical move as much as Clintwood would regarding distance to Richlands, if I remember my SWVA geography correctly.

Not that it is out of the question, but one would have to wonder why?  Beavers already has schools looking at him.  He has chemistry with the QB at Ridgeview and has a very good nucleus of players returning to the Pack.  The new coach wad an assistant and knows the playbook.  It wiuld be a huge gamble, IMO.  Stranger things have happened, I guess...

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Not that it is out of the question, but one would have to wonder why?  Beavers already has schools looking at him.  He has chemistry with the QB at Ridgeview and has a very good nucleus of players returning to the Pack.  The new coach wad an assistant and knows the playbook.  It wiuld be a huge gamble, IMO.  Stranger things have happened, I guess...

Think the drama on the ridge has played a part with a couple of kids but seems to have died down. There were some crazy things going around a couple of months ago, man.  Maybe the new guy has got them going in one direction.  Just verifying that it wasn’t a rumor.  For what it’s worth… uncle is close with the kid and thinks he should stay at RV. Said someone wasn’t happy with how RV has done things past year…..don’t know if that was kid or the dad.  Next time I see him I’ll ask about it, but Id bet they stay.  

12 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

But what if said QB wasn’t at the school anymore? 

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

But what if said QB wasn’t at the school anymore? 

The QB family came from Abingdon. If I were taking offers from other schools (which we all know never happens) I'd wait to see what TN and especiakly KY Schools are offering! 

Pikeville is only 45 minutes from Clintwood and Haysi.  Different driving routes but doable. 

Dont know alot about the Tiller stuff at RV. Have heard the accusations.  I'd just say this. If they were true, how in the world did he get the Honaker job? 

27 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Just tell them both to come on up to Bluefield Va. They will be welcomed with open arms. Colleges visit regularly. 

Very true, but Tazewell may be a bit closer.  There will be eyes on a 2 or 3 Dawgs this year too.  🙂

Graham got more then their fair share last year, send some over this way.

Just kidding.  I like to see any of the county schools have success.  

I'm enjoying a nice season for THS baseball and softball right now, it's great for the community and school pride.  THS has had a state champion wrestler this year and 2 state champion indoor track athletes.  I predict a couple of more state titles from the track team this spring.  The school is having a ton of academic successes as well the past several years.  

Graham and Richlands have also had their share of success the past few years, it's quite impressive how our kids in Tazewell county have performed.  We are lucky to live where we do, the school buildings may be old, but the resources inside (the kids) are second to none!!

33 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Very true, but Tazewell may be a bit closer.  There will be eyes on a 2 or 3 Dawgs this year too.  🙂

Graham got more then their fair share last year, send some over this way.

Just kidding.  I like to see any of the county schools have success.  

I'm enjoying a nice season for THS baseball and softball right now, it's great for the community and school pride.  THS has had a state champion wrestler this year and 2 state champion indoor track athletes.  I predict a couple of more state titles from the track team this spring.  The school is having a ton of academic successes as well the past several years.  

Graham and Richlands have also had their share of success the past few years, it's quite impressive how our kids in Tazewell county have performed.  We are lucky to live where we do, the school buildings may be old, but the resources inside (the kids) are second to none!!

Im gping to show some ignorance here, but where are indoor track meets held around here?

1 minute ago, Wolf1207 said:

Im gping to show some ignorance here, but where are indoor track meets held around here?

They are mostly outdoors in the cold around here until they get to the state meet.  The state meet is held in Lynchburg at Liberty University.  

On 5/2/2022 at 10:24 PM, Wolf1207 said:

The QB family came from Abingdon. If I were taking offers from other schools (which we all know never happens) I'd wait to see what TN and especiakly KY Schools are offering! 

Pikeville is only 45 minutes from Clintwood and Haysi.  Different driving routes but doable. 

Dont know alot about the Tiller stuff at RV. Have heard the accusations.  I'd just say this. If they were true, how in the world did he get the Honaker job? 

If they weren't true why the heck would he leave what he had? You don't see many people leaving a team that played in the region championship with every single kid coming back to go to a 1A school in Russell County. 

58 minutes ago, Confused Fan said:

If they weren't true why the heck would he leave what he had? 

One could just as easily make the argument, why would Russell County Schools hire the man so quickly if the rumors were true!?!?! Makes one ponder the validity of those rumors. 

1 hour ago, Confused Fan said:

You don't see many people leaving a team that played in the region championship with every single kid coming back to go to a 1A school in Russell County. 

I have no clue what the rumors are and couldn't care less. Tiller may or may not be guilty of whatever these rumors suggest. Regardless of whether he is guilty or innocent, he is guilty by public perception in Dickenson County. Considering the insular nature of SWVA, our communities don't let those things go. Regardless of how good a situation may seem, some things simply aren't worth the hassle.

5 hours ago, sixcat said:

One could just as easily make the argument, why would Russell County Schools hire the man so quickly if the rumors were true!?!?! Makes one ponder the validity of those rumors. 

I have no clue what the rumors are and couldn't care less. Tiller may or may not be guilty of whatever these rumors suggest. Regardless of whether he is guilty or innocent, he is guilty by public perception in Dickenson County. Considering the insular nature of SWVA, our communities don't let those things go. Regardless of how good a situation may seem, some things simply aren't worth the hassle.

Most of the problems in Dickenson County go to the school board.  The last few boards have allowed this mess to get out of hand.  There are real problems at the schools.  They can't get the new elementary school built on time.   All of the custodians at Clintwood Elementary quit at once.  2 football coaches have left or retired in the last 3 years.  Plus I'm sure a lot more stuff that not alot of people know about.  

I hope I'm wrong, but I sense that the county is wasting the school they have on the ridge with poor administration up to and including the superintendent.