Predictions for Next Season

generallyspeaking

43 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Guys, all the respect in the world to Ridgeview and what they return, but I wouldn't pick against Graham to win the region.  They've played in 3 out of 4 state semi-finals and were a near miss from making it 4 out of 4.  Graham is absolutely loaded with talent from their little leagues and on up, and some might be underestimating Graham next year.  It's easy to look at the loss of 2 FBS-P5 kids and assume they take a step back, but it's what Graham will likely add.  Palmer is a players coach and the kids over in Bluefield obviously like playing for him.  There's no reason to believe Graham will not add 2 or 3 more transfers for next season.  Adding 2 or 3 transfers is More likely than Not.  With what Graham returns on the line of scrimmage and at linebacker and at running back, they are one athletic QB and 1 other fast wide receiver from repeating as Region Champions.  

The exact same thing above applies to Galax, minus the transfers.  Galax is just on autopilot and they keep rolling.  Hopefully, Giles can close the gap next year and hopefully we at least advance to the region title game against Galax and have a shot at it.  Right now, I still favor Galax to advance again to win 1C like I do with Graham in 2D.  In 1D, I have no idea.  Probably Chilhowie would be my guess and in 2C, it's hard to pick against Appomattox, but Radford will be better.

Sleeper Team-Tazewell Bulldogs.  They have the athletes at the skilled positions.  If they get the front 5 from tackle to tackle and their front 4 on defense worked out, they are going to be a handful.

You said before year Giles would be playing for state title next year haha

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

You said before year Giles would be playing for state title next year haha

Yes I did, and then.............this year happened and I watched Giles play football.  I favor Galax, but we have a chance.  It's not unthinkable for us to beat Galax next year.  

21 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Someone give me one good reason why Region D should have more than 6 teams in the playoffs.

I don’t see the issue with teams that had just enough success to make the playoffs an extra week of practice for those younger players. Are they gonna get their teeth kicked in by Graham and or Union yes but more practice is never a bad thing. It one reason why team that make it deep in the playoffs every year have good team regardless of who they lost those young players and getting 2 or 3 weeks of practice that other teams didn’t

57 minutes ago, CPF said:

Big props to Greg Mance. He gave us the blueprint. We're just better at it that than you are little brother.

Interesting. I’d say both were about equal. Each of us have 1 ring and multiple heartbreaks and failures. Don’t see how one is any better than the other. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, CPF said:

No we have 4 and you have 2. And you had to cheat to get one of those. Now go sit in the corner little brother.

Completely misunderstood the point. Expected nothing less. Have fun on that high horse you sit on. 😂

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Completely misunderstood the point. Expected nothing less. Have fun on that high horse you sit on. 😂

No I didn't misunderstand anything. I'm just putting a whiner in his place. I wasn't the one who made the comment to begin with. But since we're here......at least our kids move in district and don't get unsupervised one dollar apartments from the wife of assistant coaches. And your coach ran off to SC when he realized the game was over for him. I didn't start this but I'm damn sure going to finish it. Enjoy those beatings your going to get for the next decade.

Just now, CPF said:

No I didn't misunderstand anything. I'm just putting a whiner in his place. I wasn't the one who made the comment to begin with. But since we're here......at least our kids move in district and don't get unsupervised one dollar apartments from the wife of assistant coaches. And your coach ran off to SC when he realized the game was over for him. I didn't start this but I'm damn sure going to finish it. Enjoy those beatings your going to get for the next decade.

Boy someone is sensitive today. Man, y’all really enjoyed calling us the SWVA All-Stars when we we’re getting transfers and you really can’t handle it when someone ribs back. 

Why so serious? It’s a message board. Lighten up a little, bother. 

2 minutes ago, CPF said:

Hey now you're talking about a Giles guy here and he didn't run away because anything was over for him ..he left for an opportunity to move to a place he always wanted to live and get to coach there...and get 2 paychecks....not a bad gig for someone that ran away because it was over lol

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Boy someone is sensitive today. Man, y’all really enjoyed calling us the SWVA All-Stars when we we’re getting transfers and you really can’t handle it when someone ribs back. 

Why so serious? It’s a message board. Lighten up a little, bother. 

Oh I'm not sensitive. If anyone else said it I'd laugh about it, but it's coming from the cheating capital of southwest virginia. Your just big mad because your done and were just beginning. That's the bottom line. We're done here have a nice day.

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Hey now you're talking about a Giles guy here and he didn't run away because anything was over for him ..he left for an opportunity to move to a place he always wanted to live and get to coach there...and get 2 paychecks....not a bad gig for someone that ran away because it was over lol

Not disrespecting Giles at all. My mother is a Giles girl. I'm disrespecting jealous losers.

19 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

He made a mistake by not taking one of the OC jobs at North Myrtle Beach and Carolina Forest.  Both were open.  His pay would have been similar and you can not win at Loris.  Loris plays up 5-7 times per year and when they play up, they play WAY up, as in Giles playing Salem, Heritage, LCA every year.  Additionally, they are in arguably the toughest small conferences in the state as they play Dillon, Green Sea, and when they cross over the state line to play a North Carolina school of similar size, it's South Columbus which is a powerhouse.  Loris is starting every season basically 0-5, and they could have the best coach in the United States and still, they are losing 5 games per year just by default.  Loris is also a shi*hole.  It's a high crime dangerous little town with tons of crime and drugs.  I'm still suprised that he didn't take one of the slots at Carolina Forest or North Myrtle.  Both are actually much better high schools, easier to teach at, less problem kids, and nicer areas to live.

3 minutes ago, CPF said:

Oh I'm not sensitive. If anyone else said it I'd laugh about it, but it's coming from the cheating capital of southwest virginia. Your just big mad because your done and were just beginning. That's the bottom line. We're done here have a nice day.

I’m not mad at all. We had an amazing 15 year run. Went to multiple state championships. Got a ring. Named one of the top 10 teams in the state for an entire decade. 

And now the cycle swings the other way. That’s just how it works. I choose to be happy about the success we had and still support the hell outta the boys out there now. They’re still Blues, after all. 

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, man. No need for all the hate and vitriol. Just love from me.