All Region 2 A or3A ? Any listing?

Hokie777

All-Region 2D

FIRST TEAM

Offense

QB – Zach Blevins, Graham, sr.

C – Drew Belcher, Wise County Central, sr.

OL – Logan Mullins, Wise County Central, sr.; Brody Meadows, Graham, sr.; JR Lovell, Lee High, sr.; Connor Roberts, Graham, sr.

RB – Zavier Lomax, Union, sr.; Stevie Thomas, Virginia High, sr.; Ty’Drez Clements, Graham, soph.

WR – Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview, jr.; Xayvion Turner-Bradshaw, Graham, sr.; Cassius Harris, Tazewell, jr.

TE – Ethan Mills, Tazewell, sr.

K – Ricky Onate, Wise County Central, jr.

Kick Returner – Xayvion Turner-Bradshaw, Graham, sr.

All-Purpose – Carson Jenkins, Gate City, sr.

Defense

DL – Tanner Jervis, Union, sr.; Caden Gibson, Ridgeview, sr.; Connor Roberts, Graham, jr.

DE – Zach Blevins, Graham, sr.; Shane Deel, Ridgeview, sr.

LB – Tyson Tester, Wise County Central, sr.; Zavier Lomax, Union, sr.; Ajaani Delaney, Virginia High, sr.; Cannon Hill, Ridgeview, jr.; Logan Mullins, Wise County Central, sr

DB – Ethan Mullins, Wise County Central, sr.; Malachi Jenkins, Union, sr.; Connor Davidson, Virginia High, jr.; Xayvion Turner-Bradshaw, Graham, sr.

P – Isaiah Bandy, Richlands, jr.

Punt Returner – Xayvion Turner-Bradshaw, Graham, sr.

All-Purpose – Johnny Satterfield, Union, jr.

SECOND TEAM

Offense

QB – Ryan O’Quinn, Ridgeview

C – Jacob Maggard, Richlands

OL – Jacob Hamilton, Union; Devon Clark, Gate City; Phillip Ward, Richlands; Kavonta Smith, Virginia High

RB – Dylan Brown, Richlands; Matthew Boggs, Wise County Central; Grayson Huff, Lee High

WR – Sage Webb, Richlands; Malachi Jenkins, Union; Ethan Mullins, Wise County Central

TE – Tyson Tester, Wise County Central

K – Ben Morgan, Graham

Kick Returner – Carson Jenkins, Gate City

All-Purpose – Carter Creasy, Tazewell

Defense

DL – Brody Meadows, Graham; Kavonta Smith, Virginia High; Brady Sturgill, Wise County Central

DE – Daniel Hawkins, Wise County Central; Bryce Taylor, Richlands

LB – Braden Meadows, Graham; Shane Vencill, Richlands; Sean Hughes, Graham

DB – Jared Mullins, Tazewell; Braeden Church, Wise County Central; Brayden Watkins, Graham; Dustin Regan, Lee High

P – Brandon Beavers, Ridgeview

Punt Returner – Ethan Mullins, Wise County Central

All-Purpose – Kaizon Taylor, Tazewell

Offensive Player of the Year: Zach Blevins, Graham

Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Tester, Wise County Central

Coach of the Year: Tony Palmer, Graham

20 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Region D was stacked at athletes considering Sage Webb couldn’t get on the first team

Good point, but this is THE Jared Mullins we are talking about here. He was a large portion of Tazewell's defense. 

I'll shut up now. Graham guy fussing about a Tazewell kid not making 1st team probably doesn't add up either. 😂

24 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

I'm not sure what you're saying, Bradshaw doesn't belong?

Not saying that at all. Bradshaw deserves the recognition he got. I'm specifically referring defensive back only, I'd swap Watkins for 1st team & Bradshaw 2nd team. Or put Mullins from Tazewell on 1st team. That's just my opinion, and counts for absolutely zero, lol. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Region D was stacked at athletes considering Sage Webb couldn’t get on the first team

There was fierce competition at WR this year.  Will go down as best WR year in recent memory if not ever.  Webb is a D-1 signee and was bumped off by two Jr’s and recognized as the 4th best WR in region.  That’s nuts.

3 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Good point, but this is THE Jared Mullins we are talking about here. He was a large portion of Tazewell's defense. 

I'll shut up now. Graham guy fussing about a Tazewell kid not making 1st team probably doesn't add up either. 😂

I agree with you. I wasn’t replying to you when I said that, just making a general statement. I should’ve specified I was talking about offense.

Just now, elefan said:

haven’t been on lately. Covid. 
Anyway, what’s new on the 

Whooops. Didn’t mean to hit enter. Was gonna say, what’s new on the board??

have any of the all state teams come out?

On 12/17/2021 at 12:11 AM, SwvaOG said:

There was fierce competition at WR this year.  Will go down as best WR year in recent memory if not ever.  Webb is a D-1 signee and was bumped off by two Jr’s and recognized as the 4th best WR in region.  That’s nuts.

I'd say the 5th and 6th best receivers this year would be 1st team most years.  It's the best group I've ever seen and I'm getting old

• 2 weeks later...

I’m very curious as to how this is voted on at the state level.  I’ve always been a stats matter guy and a one on one matchup guy.  The local levels tend to be a bit political and rivalries influence decisions and I would like to think that goes away a bit if you focus on stats and production.  I would love to see what goes on behind the scenes. Do they watch tape?  Do they compare stats?  How much does winning matter?  BTW, the rumors are already floating around so it’s been shared with some of the players and teams.