Southwest District.

Real Sasquatch

21 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Didn't really follow high school ball last season. Union is the reigning 2A champs right? How did they get by JM? COVID issues?

Because JM didn't play last season, that is the only reason they are 2A Champs!

I agree, until someone does something with John Marshall they won't lose. Had they been AA the year GC won, they would've beat them too and that GC team had a NBA player and a D1 player on it. The same season JM won the AAA title by over 20 points. It's just sad and the VHSL turns a blind eye to it.

8 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Not Unions problem they didn't play JM shouldn't be playing in vhsl anyways it's like having a crappier version of Oak Hill playing 2a ball

You are exactly right, they beat who was in front of them! Union will be a State Champion forever but the VHSL allowing JM to do what they have done is dishonest and almost criminal and goes against everything the VHSL supposedly stand for!

On 12/28/2021 at 9:22 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

After watching the G-Men tonight.  I'm not so sure they win the district this year.  This could be the first time in several years that Graham is not the top team in the district.  Graham hasn't lost a district game in a few years, can't remember the last one.  This could be the year it will happen.  I think V-HIgh or Marion may get one or two from them this season, unless Graham makes some serious improvement very soon. 

Graham has fed off a weak SWD for years. They’re down and they’ve played a decent schedule so far but not a killer one. If Richlands, Marion and Va high can really improve while playing 1A schools , one of them might knock the G Men off. 

10 hours ago, Eersfan said:

Graham has fed off a weak SWD for years. They’re down and they’ve played a decent schedule so far but not a killer one. If Richlands, Marion and Va high can really improve while playing 1A schools , one of them might knock the G Men off. 

agree.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:14 AM, Eersfan said:

Any of those 3 are capable of beating Graham, if Graham continues to play the way they have been playing.  I'm interested to see how Richlands plays for Phillips in his last few games there.  I think they may try to give him a good send off.