Lee High Tournament

generallyspeaking

1 hour ago, generallyspeaking said:

Anyone know the results from the games being played at lee high’s tournament? I’m not even sure who all is in it

Not sure of the scores, but yesterday:

• Ridgeview beat Letcher County Central, Ky.
  • J. Frank White Academy beat Thomas Walker
  • Lee High beat KACHEA
  • Hancock County beat Pineville

Semifinals are Ridgeview vs. J. Frank White Academy and Lee High vs. Hancock County

I'll go with a Ridgeview and Hancock County final.  Hancock County is a very good 1A team in Tennessee.

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Hancock County vs. Ridgeview for the championship.  Ridgeview will have their hands full with the Indians.  Hancock County is in the TSSAA 1A top 10 poll.

Hancock barely beat Thomas Walker earlier in the season. Ridgeview wins handily in my opinion 

If Ridgeview doesn't win, it would be hard to take them seriously as a contender until proven otherwise. Hancock was blitzed by David Crockett earlier this season. Crockett has losses to Volunteer and Unicoi County, two teams that have losses to Gate City and Union. Factor in that all these games were played in Tennessee and you see where I'm going with this.

17 hours ago, UnionBears said:

If Ridgeview doesn't win, it would be hard to take them seriously as a contender until proven otherwise. Hancock was blitzed by David Crockett earlier this season. Crockett has losses to Volunteer and Unicoi County, two teams that have losses to Gate City and Union. Factor in that all these games were played in Tennessee and you see where I'm going with this.

Ridgeview beat Hancock County 62-59.  As I've stated, Hancock County is a decent 1A school.  The region is probably their ceiling as when they get to Region they'll have to get through both Hampton and North Greene who are legit contenders for Murfreesboro and Hampton is being discussed as a potential 1A favorite overall.

Ridgeview probably will finish around 3rd or 4th in the district.  Union and Abingdon are of course better and Gate City and Ridgeview are probably neck and neck for third.

24 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

All Tennessee scores are reported on the Coach T website.

Certainly will be the first to maxpreps has plenty of wrong scores..from over the years of putting the schedules together. It does say though that TW's coach entered the score and the box score does matchup. I can't find a media reported score though.

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/12-2-2021/basketball-21-22/hancock-county-vs-thomas-walker.htm?c=T8T19eMFa0OmOduEBeT5FA#tab=box-score