ridgeview vs central women

stantheman

No love for the girls from the board.  Year in and year out the girls play a higher quality brand of basketball  with three different M7 teams winning a state championship in the last 6-7 years.  The winner of the Wise/RV game is usually a good bet for a deep run.

Ridgeview is definitely the team to beat.  They are solid and have good depth on the bench.  Ridgeview could potentially make deep runs in boys and girls this season.  Only difference is the boys have almost zero chance at state title unless John Marshall gets quarantined.  Gate City girls surprised me, they are tenacious.  Maximum effort from their girls and 2 good shooters.

2 hours ago, F@lcon said:

Ridgeview is definitely the team to beat.  They are solid and have good depth on the bench.  Ridgeview could potentially make deep runs in boys and girls this season.  Only difference is the boys have almost zero chance at state title unless John Marshall gets quarantined.  Gate City girls surprised me, they are tenacious.  Maximum effort from their girls and 2 good shooters.

State title?!? Let's let them win the district first, much less 2D or the West on the boys side. Didn't they just scrape by Battle?

Girls,obv a big time contender. Whoever wins the M7 is a legit threat to win 2A year in year out

The thread is about the girls side but as for the boys from Ridgeview, I don’t know, what are they now 12-0?  My comment was actually a dig at John Marshall but it’s not crazy to think Ridgeview boys could go postseason.  Sorry I didn’t acknowledge for you that the M7 2A runs through Union this year, but can’t deny Ridgeview has had a great start.  

1 hour ago, F@lcon said:

The thread is about the girls side but as for the boys from Ridgeview, I don’t know, what are they now 12-0?  My comment was actually a dig at John Marshall but it’s not crazy to think Ridgeview boys could go postseason.  Sorry I didn’t acknowledge for you that the M7 2A runs through Union this year, but can’t deny Ridgeview has had a great start.  

It's not about Union, it's about a team who lost their best player from a team that lost handily to the top of the M7 somehow leapfrogging several teams in 2D and then winning. 

RV got off to a great start beating the Grundys and Chilhowies, but in their first M7 game they barely got by John Battle, who is for sure improved but I don't think anyone pegs Battle as a top of the M7 team. I'm not sold that now they're gonna beat Abingdon, GC and Union bc they smacked around Burton and Thomas Walker (I dunno that they've actually played those two, but the point is they racked up a lot of wins against teams they should beat. I don't believe they were actually tested OOC). RV has a great record and is off to a great start, but you said they could potentially make a deep run in boys as well as girls. Girls, I agree 100%, they may be the front runner in all of 2A. Boys? I'll have to see them beat a few good 2A teams before I think they have a shot at a deep run. 

I mean I guess I just assumed that if RV was gonna make a deep run on the boys side, they'd have to finish near the top of the M7 and beat the better teams in 2D,  but you're right you never said they'd win the M7. RV off to a great start, now they need to build on it by getting some big district wins.

1 minute ago, F@lcon said:

I haven’t seen Ridgeview play but it could be a good matchup with GC.  Battle isn’t a bad team, just missing that one player/shooter to be a contender for 2nd-3rd.

Battle is significantly improved. They're a much better team than last year. RV beating them is a much better win this season than the last. Wise stinks, they're a nonfactor. Lee is better but shouldn't improve much in the standings. Battle, GC and RV have all closed the gap from last season, I don't think Union nor Abingdon are that much ahead this year. 

41 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Graham fans think this is their most vulnerable team in a while but I'll be shocked if a diff SWD team outlasts them.

Va High will give them a game-I’m not sure anyone else does. I felt like Marion would be much better than they have been. 

2 hours ago, F@lcon said:

I haven’t seen Ridgeview play but it could be a good matchup with GC.  Battle isn’t a bad team, just missing that one player/shooter to be a contender for 2nd-3rd.

I’ve seen them play several times.  They simply turn the ball over far too often to consistently beat the Inions and Abingdon.  They are downright reckless with it…… always looking to run even when it’s not there.  The SG doesn’t want to handle the ball… often leaving forwards to bring it up.  They play a five out look but that doesn’t translate to their big guys game(Mullins).