Wise Central luke Owens

RichRich

22 hours ago, BKFootball said:

You heard it from me first it will start in 3 years and they will take over the mt 7 in football, baseball, and basketball.

You are either young and foolish or both! Never make any prediction that will live forever on the internet. The future is so unsure and if you any athletes that are D 1 level the prep schools and "Academy's" will come calling. Confidence is one thing but your comment borders on arrogance and life is cruel teacher.

16 minutes ago, SXSW said:

You are either young and foolish or both! Never make any prediction that will live forever on the internet. The future is so unsure and if you any athletes that are D 1 level the prep schools and "Academy's" will come calling. Confidence is one thing but your comment borders on arrogance and life is cruel teacher.

I still stand by it I saw it in the Wizard of Oz's crystal ball!  I know your not saying other bigger schools are out there recruiting young players shame on you for even thinking a thing like that.

6 hours ago, BKFootball said:

I still stand by it I saw it in the Wizard of Oz's crystal ball!  I know your not saying other bigger schools are out there recruiting young players shame on you for even thinking a thing like that.

Sure you going to stand by it, you said and time will either prove or disprove you! If you are going to say foolish things might as well stand by them.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:40 AM, BKFootball said:

You heard it from me first it will start in 3 years and they will take over the mt 7 in football, baseball, and basketball.

You might be right but we had to listen for last 7 years this class that graduated was gonna win 2 or 3 state titles and we know that didn't happen

On 1/26/2022 at 7:40 AM, BKFootball said:

If they do then they do. 

This is more wishful thinking than it is a prediction. 

I guess we should take the word of a guy who claimed Central was a football school. 

9 hours ago, BearsFan88 said:

If they do then they do. 

This is more wishful thinking than it is a prediction. 

I guess we should take the word of a guy who claimed Central was a football school. 

Again I never claimed it was a football school I was saying it wasn't a baseball school.

16 hours ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

Yes you must stand by your post on this message board. If you are proven wrong the SWVA mafia will have you thrown in the SWVA gulag. How dare you make a prediction about high school sports!!!

Just don't cross the G Man and you will be find and people make stupid predictions on here all the time, just don't cross G Man or you will be cast into the outer realm....

3 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Thoughts?  On an interim basis or permanent?

Permanent.  He was the first HC at Central and was HC at Pound for 6 years. He's been around a long time. He's a player's coach. Kids love him. His success will depend on his help. If the same OC is there and Tester doesn't stay, outlook is unfavorable. If he gets the right pieces in place, and someone like Tester at OC and to diagnose and correct the wingT and help with defensive game planning, success is imminent. 

25 minutes ago, Observer said:

I think Jason would be a great hire because the kids already know him.  With his son graduating this year, do you think that will keep him from taking the job?

Jason would be a good hire and he is familiar with the program obviously. For this to be a top tier job it does not seem that many people are going after it real hard. It seems basically Mullins and Rhodes at this point?

7 minutes ago, 276 for the win said:

For this to be a top tier job it does not seem that many people are going after it real hard. It seems basically Mullins and Rhodes at this point?

Seems like the same was true for the Ridgeview job when it was open, I don't remember there being a large candidate pool

2 hours ago, Observer said:

I think Jason would be a great hire because the kids already know him.  With his son graduating this year, do you think that will keep him from taking the job?

No, I think that will actually motivate him to take it. He was reluctant in the past because he didn't want to give the illusion that his kids success was because He was HC.

1 hour ago, Warriors_XO said:

No, I think that will actually motivate him to take it. He was reluctant in the past because he didn't want to give the illusion that his kids success was because He was HC.

Warriors-  Seems like you think this is a good hire.  How will this go over locally and where did Mullins rank on your preferred list?  Is there someone you’d prefer?

29 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Warriors-  Seems like you think this is a good hire.  How will this go over locally and where did Mullins rank on your preferred list?  Is there someone you’d prefer?

I think he should have kept it after the first year. He was from Wise and coached at pound.... he would have been a good liason between the 2 communities.... they would have averted the Reed years.... would have been more continuity.  So yeah I think he's the most obvious hire.  The sticky part is that his brother in law is McAmis... the Assistant Principal. 

Based on who I heard had interviewed.... he was the most qualified candidate.  

5 minutes ago, Warriors_XO said:

I think he should have kept it after the first year. He was from Wise and coached at pound.... he would have been a good liason between the 2 communities.... they would have averted the Reed years.... would have been more continuity.  So yeah I think he's the most obvious hire.  The sticky part is that his brother in law is McAmis... the Assistant Principal. 

Based on who I heard had interviewed.... he was the most qualified candidate.  

I think I have to agree with you. I initially thought Rhodes would be a good fit, but his struggle to retain coaches from year to year and lack of winning is concerning. I spoke with a guy in C-wood at the dealership the other day whose son played at ES and he said they have had a different guy calling the offense every year because Rhodes either fires them or they want to go elsewhere. Luke's success seemed to have happened because he was able to keep that core group of coaches and people together. Mullins knows the environment at Central, knows the kids, and has been around long enough to prove he knows what he is doing.

6 hours ago, 276 for the win said:

I think I have to agree with you. I initially thought Rhodes would be a good fit, but his struggle to retain coaches from year to year and lack of winning is concerning. I spoke with a guy in C-wood at the dealership the other day whose son played at ES and he said they have had a different guy calling the offense every year because Rhodes either fires them or they want to go elsewhere. Luke's success seemed to have happened because he was able to keep that core group of coaches and people together. Mullins knows the environment at Central, knows the kids, and has been around long enough to prove he knows what he is doing.

Someone close to the programs told me he's only fired one coordinator. 1st year OC wasn't in school system and worked a demanding job and had a new born. 2nd oc was fired. 3rd oc couldn't get a provisional license in wise co for a teaching job. 4th oc left to become an oc at a 5a school. Doesn't really sound like he's just going around firing people. Every year has presented different challenges at ES.

48 minutes ago, Tigerking21 said:

Someone close to the programs told me he's only fired one coordinator. 1st year OC wasn't in school system and worked a demanding job and had a new born. 2nd oc was fired. 3rd oc couldn't get a provisional license in wise co for a teaching job. 4th oc left to become an oc at a 5a school. Doesn't really sound like he's just going around firing people. Every year has presented different challenges at ES.

Now now, don’t throw facts around, it messes with peoples rumors who have no idea what goes on haha. 
Close to a few coaches from Eastside who left, they left because Rhodes did all he could to help them get hired in Wise and when he couldn’t he pushed to help them get on in other counties. What a monster to help improve his coaches opportunities, even if it hurt him lol. 

Another thing I read earlier, someone said something about “of those who have interviewed”. Did they have some secret interviews without including everyone else, because the website says it is open until Feb. 9?

Asking for a friend 

2 minutes ago, f00tba11c0ach said:

Now now, don’t throw facts around, it messes with peoples rumors who have no idea what goes on haha. 
Close to a few coaches from Eastside who left, they left because Rhodes did all he could to help them get hired in Wise and when he couldn’t he pushed to help them get on in other counties. What a monster to help improve his coaches opportunities, even if it hurt him lol. 

Another thing I read earlier, someone said something about “of those who have interviewed”. Did they have some secret interviews without including everyone else, because the website says it is open until Feb. 9?

Asking for a friend 

Glad you know some of the situations going on at ES. I left out the part of helping improves those coaches opportunities to grow. Coach Rhodes is a big part of the community and well like at ES from what I've been told. Sucks to see people push put misinformation on here. 

I've heard February 9th is the deadline as well. 

Well its going to be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days with this coaching job.  I feel like Rhodes in an interview/resume process would have the upper hand here with experience and would be more willing to change offensive o r defensive schemes based on players abilities.  If Mulliins gets it hard to say if anything would change really, and I wonder would it be a conflict of interest with his brother in law being Assistant principal/athletic director?