Wise Central luke Owens

RichRich

2 hours ago, BKFootball said:

Well its going to be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days with this coaching job.  I feel like Rhodes in an interview/resume process would have the upper hand here with experience and would be more willing to change offensive o r defensive schemes based on players abilities.  If Mulliins gets it hard to say if anything would change really, and I wonder would it be a conflict of interest with his brother in law being Assistant principal/athletic director?

No politics at all in Wise County!!!!!!!!!! I thought people said no politics at all at Wise Central....

34 minutes ago, Warrior_Dad said:

When will this job be filled? Closing in on march with no coach. Any word of who or when interviewing will happen? 

Anxiously awaiting myself. I have heard interviews are this week and next week, but the cupboard is bare. 

33 minutes ago, 276 for the win said:

Anxiously awaiting myself. I have heard interviews are this week and next week, but the cupboard is bare. 

I also heard that there weren't many applications.  No names were given though.

8 hours ago, BKFootball said:

Don’t think the interviews have started yet. 

Nothing like giving the new coaches/staff less time to transition.  The effect is worse down the line if the new coach is from another school then that school has even less time to find a new coach.  Some poor school may be looking for a head coach in April/May.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 7:30 AM, BKFootball said:

Well its going to be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days with this coaching job.  I feel like Rhodes in an interview/resume process would have the upper hand here with experience and would be more willing to change offensive o r defensive schemes based on players abilities.  If Mulliins gets it hard to say if anything would change really, and I wonder would it be a conflict of interest with his brother in law being Assistant principal/athletic director?

Mullins would be a good coach and Mcamus isnt gonna let any conflict keep him from hiring more family in positions 

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, 276 for the win said:

This is the right hire imo. I am excited to see how things go this season. 

I agree.  I think he should have been coach since he was hired the first time

On 3/10/2022 at 3:31 PM, SwvaOG said:

Does anyone know what offense he will install or will they stay with the Wing?

When he was at Pound, he ran the same I formation stuff that Rick Mullins ran at Clintwood.  The one year he was at Central, they ran rocket sweep and variations.  I'd say he will stick with wing. It's been successful thus far, plus the JV and Middle school teams run it. I'd say you'll see more screens and draws, something ti slow down the d-line,  which was missing for the last few years. 

On 3/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Warriors_XO said:

When he was at Pound, he ran the same I formation stuff that Rick Mullins ran at Clintwood.  The one year he was at Central, they ran rocket sweep and variations.  I'd say he will stick with wing. It's been successful thus far, plus the JV and Middle school teams run it. I'd say you'll see more screens and draws, something ti slow down the d-line,  which was missing for the last few years. 

Be nice to see a mixture of something other than the wing don't know if the will have the personnel to run it.  Maybe if they run a lot more mix direction and some backside plays might get away with it but not been that way so far.