Graham vs Richlands

Real Sasquatch

3 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Is Graham finding their identity and coming together as a team? Don't count them out in the SWD.

They got a late start and faced some pretty stout competition early on, they are looking much better then the first couple of outings.  V-High may give them a run.

Horribly officiated game. I usually have nothing to say as far as officiating. It’s a thankless hard job but it was pretty bad all around. When officials try to overly control the game calling so many fouls that probably weren’t fouls, they end up losing “control” of said game. It was getting pretty dicey near the end.
Graham may or may not  take SWD but I don’t look for them to go too deep in the playoffs regardless; unless they become much better shooters and ball handlers. They’re not a bad team but they’re not a great team either but they may take off & really improve. Just my opinion, others may disagree. 

Fred Phillips has resigned as head coach at Richlands, effective January 31st.  Jim Graham will take over for the remainder of the season.  Not sure what, if any affect that will have on how the SWD pans out.  The season will be nearly over by then.  Phillips last scheduled game will be against Graham at the Brushfork Armory.  

On 1/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Fred Phillips has resigned as head coach at Richlands, effective January 31st.  Jim Graham will take over for the remainder of the season.  Not sure what, if any affect that will have on how the SWD pans out.  The season will be nearly over by then.  Phillips last scheduled game will be against Graham at the Brushfork Armory.  

This might make some mad and I don't intend on being offensive, but the guy Richlands had and ran off was a major mistake.  I don't know where he went, but I hope he has the smarts to tell them to kiss his behind, if they actually asked him to come back.

21 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

This might make some mad and I don't intend on being offensive, but the guy Richlands had and ran off was a major mistake.  I don't know where he went, but I hope he has the smarts to tell them to kiss his behind, if they actually asked him to come back.

A lot of folks feel the same, I'm sure.  Fuller was a great coach at RHS and a super nice human being and a man of character. 

6 hours ago, F@lcon said:

Thought he would have graduated last year.

It is his other son. I watched Bluefield play Oak Hill High School on Tuesday night on COZI TV, which is a local television station out of Raleigh County that broadcast local high school football and basketball games. The broadcast announcer said the Fuller kid was a junior.

The Fuller Kid (3rd and final kid) is a great young man and comes from a GREAT family. He's a junior and a flat our baller. Did a great job as a Sophomore on the Poca kid McNeely.

Coach Fuller would never return to Richlands after the "concession king/activity bus bandit" had him pushed out.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:24 AM, Beavers Rule said:

The youngest Fuller kid, Caleb, is a junior this year and he is a very good basketball player.  We are blessed to have him and his dad at Bluefield.  They are great people

Totally agree! They are absolutely top notch folks!  It's utterly ridiculous how everything went down with that "situation" at Richlands. Jody should have never lost his coaching position. Richlands seems to be getting in the habit of letting some of their best coaches go and those coaches ending up in programs up this way that value & appreciate them.