abingdon

stantheman

This was a good game last night.  RV continues to frustrate as they are so careless and reckless with the ball.  They try to push the ball as soon as they touch it and it’s because they bog down in the half court set.  Additionally, it doesn’t appear they run many, if any, set plays.  They remind me of a pick up team at the rec park.

Poor choice for officials in this type of game.   Both teams ran the ball all night.   There was a lot of chaos and back and forth action.   For this high paced game you had 100 year old Mack Shupe and little short guy that is quite round in the mid section.   They are probably both still sore today.   

Ridgeview plays most of the game out of control.   I made the same comment last night about them looking like street ballers.  They have the athletes to be better but somebody gonna have to get them to play with discipline. 

Abingdon weathered a couple runs by Ridgeview then maintained for the win.   The void of losing Ramsey for the season provides more opportunities for Osborne around the bucket.  Freshman Honaker is playing solid at the point and Carter provides you the energy and shooting ability.   They may not be able to take down union but they will be a tough win for anyone else in M7.

I am disappointed that Ramsey is not at least traveling with the team.   Not sure of the reason but even with injury he should be there supporting his teammates.   

7 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

This was a good game last night.  RV continues to frustrate as they are so careless and reckless with the ball.  They try to push the ball as soon as they touch it and it’s because they bog down in the half court set.  Additionally, it doesn’t appear they run many, if any, set plays.  They remind me of a pick up team at the rec park.

Exactly.  A couple of passes maybe and somebody drives and puts it up.  No sustained halfcourt offense.