Richlands Girls Win 8th Straight

Gridiron60

Saw on Twiiter, Lady Blues have won 8 striaght, congrats! Beating Graham girls not really impressive though. some  Graham girls have potential but it's unrealized at this point. Serious question, has Richlands played a decent team? There aren't any in SWD no offense to anyone. Is this phenomenon simply, the best of the worst or do they have an exceptional team? I know the Ball girl isn't there anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I recall a lot of talk about this Graham girls team a few years back having a lot of potential to be pretty good.

Not to hurt anyone's feelings and I'm sure she's a great person but as a coach she's mediocre at best when it comes to basketball. It could be there's no one else that wanted the job and thus you take what you can get. My hat is off the anyone willing to put in the time to coach but let's face it, some are better than others, nothing personal just facts. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Serious question, has Richlands played a decent team? There aren't any in SWD no offense to anyone.

There's a team down here in Smyth County that might take offense to that.

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Saw on Twiiter, Lady Blues have won 8 striaght, congrats! Beating Graham girls not really impressive though. some  Graham girls have potential but it's unrealized at this point. Serious question, has Richlands played a decent team? There aren't any in SWD no offense to anyone. Is this phenomenon simply, the best of the worst or do they have an exceptional team? I know the Ball girl isn't there anymore. 

They’ve beaten the following teams in the win streak:

Patrick Henry x2

Grundy

Graham

Virginia High 

Tazewell

And then they won a tournament in WV beating Tug Valley & Tolsia, both of which are good A teams in WV. 

Not saying we will win state or anything, but this is not a bad Richlands team by any stretch. 

Does the girl from Haysi still coach the G-girls @Gridiron60?

As for the SWD girls race, I would put Marion at 1 and Richlands at 2.  Richlands would probably have to face one of the big three in the M7 in Region D quarterfinals (Wise Central, Gate City, Ridgeview).  I just don't see Richlands beating any of those three.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Does the girl from Haysi still coach the G-girls @Gridiron60?

As for the SWD girls race, I would put Marion at 1 and Richlands at 2.  Richlands would probably have to face one of the big three in the M7 in Region D quarterfinals (Wise Central, Gate City, Ridgeview).  I just don't see Richlands beating any of those three.

Yes, that's her I believe. 

11 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

There's a team down here in Smyth County that might take offense to that.

I put say Marion is the best in SWD, the at least two SWD teams in Tazewell Co. aren't too good. Didn't mean to step on any Scarlet Hurricane toes.