Riley Keen QB

Tru Blue 72

With covid I must have missed more than I thought, and after all the last two years has been foggy to say the least. Saw where the Richlands QB (Riley Keen) signed with Ferrum.  Congrats to this young man, but for the sake of me, I thoght Cox was the QB for the last couple of years.  Did I miss a whole year or what, please someone inlighten me.  Once again, hat's off to this young man for signing.

My understanding is that he is going as a QB.  Ferrum's coach talked about him being a dual threat at the position and seemed high on his ability.  Still doesn't clear up my thoughts, but maybe he was caught up in the covid fall when no football was played and only had a couple of games under center.  Hope he does good, and proud of him for his effort in getting signed, but it's still a head scratcher to me.

23 hours ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

With covid I must have missed more than I thought, and after all the last two years has been foggy to say the least. Saw where the Richlands QB (Riley Keen) signed with Ferrum.  Congrats to this young man, but for the sake of me, I thoght Cox was the QB for the last couple of years.  Did I miss a whole year or what, please someone inlighten me.  Once again, hat's off to this young man for signing.

He was the backup QB and played on defense. But he had the worst luck ever with injuries and never really got a good shot to get consistent playing time. His biggest time (that I can remember) was in the Radford loss last spring. 

But yes, he did sign with Ferrum and was recruited to play QB. He’s a great kid and I’m happy he’s going to get another shot to play after he missed most of his season season and will miss playing soccer this year because of the injury he got this season. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

He was the backup QB and played on defense. But he had the worst luck ever with injuries and never really got a good shot to get consistent playing time. His biggest time (that I can remember) was in the Radford loss last spring. 

But yes, he did sign with Ferrum and was recruited to play QB. He’s a great kid and I’m happy he’s going to get another shot to play after he missed most of his season season and will miss playing soccer this year because of the injury he got this season. 

Thanks, and I too am very happy for this young man, and I'm glad he stuck it out, hope he does well.  

22 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

So, the Richlands people on the board, what say you?  Who was the better QB? Was this a Wally Pip situation?

I never saw Keen play, Cox was okay, but in my old opinion would have been a better lineman.  I do have to say he threw a pretty ball, and it is what it is.  Cox will play on the college level, but won't be QB in my opinion.  Maybe a tight end.

7 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

So, the Richlands people on the board, what say you?  Who was the better QB? Was this a Wally Pip situation?

Hard to know. Keen was injured both years he was at Richlands after his family moved back home to Richlands during the spring of his sophomore year. 

8 hours ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

I never saw Keen play, Cox was okay, but in my old opinion would have been a better lineman.  I do have to say he threw a pretty ball, and it is what it is.  Cox will play on the college level, but won't be QB in my opinion.  Maybe a tight end.

I heard he was going to UVA Wise.