Tazewell fall schedule

THS6805

On 3/10/2022 at 2:56 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Hearing possibly Montcalm for a replacement for Kiser or Pikeview

We’re still working backchannels to find something closer than Keyser.  Schools just aren’t picking up the phone, despite openings.  Somewhat of a backhanded compliment, means Tazewell’s not a creampuff.

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

We’re still working backchannels to find something closer than Keyser.  Schools just aren’t picking up the phone, despite openings.  Somewhat of a backhanded compliment, means Tazewell’s not a creampuff.

Totally agree.  I think Keyser jumped the gun and made a PR statement as if it were already a done deal.  I've heard several names thrown out that they are reaching out to.  Hopefully, they find somebody closer.

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Did they call Tolsia, WV? If so, did they answer?

2 hours ago, BBHoops_18 said:

In no world should Tazewell be playing Montcalm.

I would actually take that over a 6 hour trip, if thats all thats available.  Mt. View put Tazewell in this position.  But I do hope they find somebody a little more challenging.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:50 PM, UVAObserver said:

Yeah, I heard the Patriots and Packers have declined an offer to play the Bulldogs.

Steelers and Cowboys are on the fence though.

Maybe they'll be competitive enough to have the Dawgs primed for a 1 and done playoff push...

1 hour ago, cityofRaven said:

Yeah, I heard the Patriots and Packers have declined an offer to play the Bulldogs.

Steelers and Cowboys are on the fence though.

Maybe they'll be competitive enough to have the Dawgs primed for a 1 and done playoff push...

Unlike some schools, we try hard to make sure we have 10 opponents.

I would give up trying if the said school East in Virginia doesn't work out. I would simply drive the 6 hours, because at this point, it appears over 6 hours of work might have been put in trying to reschedule. 6 hours is a long trip, but we aren't talking about Western Kansas with horses and buggies. It's a 1 time thing. 

I wish all schools would consider 1 long road game per year. It exposes the kids to somewhere different, makes for interesting matchups and could be fun.  Only my opinion.

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

There has been an agreement in principle with a VA school quite a bit east of here, that will become official upon their central office giving it the OK.

@Real Sasquatch, I owe you a Frosty and I need to make good upon that!

No problem.  I had heard from a reliable source that that Keyser game wasn't going to happen, didn't want to give out a lot of details.  Also had heard that some folks weren't happy about the fact that Keyser had made a press release when there wasn't actually a deal made yet.

32 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Not one, but 2 choclate frosties are headed my way......ahhhh, I can't wait.

As an employee of a McDonald's Owner/Operator, I'm forbidden from purchasing anything from a competing element...you'll get a McFlurry or nothing at all...