Tazewell fall schedule

THS6805

14 hours ago, THS6805 said:

Why so much hate against tazewell. We just happy we got teams now that can compete. We are just excited to see our boys play. 

Well, the Richlands folks are always gonna give it to you pretty good.  Plus, the board is weighted toward Graham and Union and they see Tazewell as a non-factor.  The other M7 teams just don’t play or know Tazewell and vice versa.  Plus when the Dogs came to Central they got beat up pretty good.  And throw in the pretty vocal pro-Dog fan that throws out superlatives and doesn’t really scout the other players around the region.  That’s probably most of it.  
I think the Bulldogs will be a top 4-5 team in the region….no worse than 6.  Until proven otherwise it’s Graham, Union automatically.  RV has quietly moved into that top Tier and Central has been there the last 3-4 years and won’t drop too far.  Richlands was there but have dropped over the past two seasons.  You have to look at Va High and Tazewell next.  

21 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Well, the Richlands folks are always gonna give it to you pretty good.  Plus, the board is weighted toward Graham and Union and they see Tazewell as a non-factor.  The other M7 teams just don’t play or know Tazewell and vice versa.  Plus when the Dogs came to Central they got beat up pretty good.  And throw in the pretty vocal pro-Dog fan that throws out superlatives and doesn’t really scout the other players around the region.  That’s probably most of it.  
I think the Bulldogs will be a top 4-5 team in the region….no worse than 6.  Until proven otherwise it’s Graham, Union automatically.  RV has quietly moved into that top Tier and Central has been there the last 3-4 years and won’t drop too far.  Richlands was there but have dropped over the past two seasons.  You have to look at Va High and Tazewell next.  

I'll agree with that statement.  There is always that fan for every school though.  Know what I have seen from Central last year and was scratching my head on the play calling early in the game.  For Tazewell people there is no real familiarity with the M7 as we don't play them overall.  As far as the talent, I can't speak for the RV QB but I would love to see him matchup against Creasy and see who is best.  Hard for me to believe that anybody is better than Creasey from what I've seen but they could be

If you notice the lean of the board fans is whatever teams seem to be having their best seasons.  Five years ago Graham fans were a little more quiet and Richlands fans dominated the board.  Tazewell fans have been here same overall.  We are thrilled to see our team being relevant again and you better believe we are going to support them and think that they are great and have big aspirations for the season.  After all what's so wrong with that considering Washington and Dallas fans do that every year...

On 5/23/2022 at 9:11 AM, stu_bean said:

I'll agree with that statement.  There is always that fan for every school though.  Know what I have seen from Central last year and was scratching my head on the play calling early in the game.  For Tazewell people there is no real familiarity with the M7 as we don't play them overall.  As far as the talent, I can't speak for the RV QB but I would love to see him matchup against Creasy and see who is best.  Hard for me to believe that anybody is better than Creasey from what I've seen but they could be

If you notice the lean of the board fans is whatever teams seem to be having their best seasons.  Five years ago Graham fans were a little more quiet and Richlands fans dominated the board.  Tazewell fans have been here same overall.  We are thrilled to see our team being relevant again and you better believe we are going to support them and think that they are great and have big aspirations for the season.  After all what's so wrong with that considering Washington and Dallas fans do that every year...

Hey Cuz, don't be talking about Washington! lol

On 5/21/2022 at 7:52 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

🙄

If the luck rolls over for Tazewell from spring sports into fall sports watch out! Whats the big deal with us giving our kids praise. It's got to start somewhere! Hell my kid along with his JV teams mates just won the SWD Championship in soccer..

2 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

If the luck rolls over for Tazewell from spring sports into fall sports watch out! Whats the big deal with us giving our kids praise. It's got to start somewhere! Hell my kid along with his JV teams mates just won the SWD Championship in soccer..

In the winter the girls swim team placed 4th in the state, we had another state championship wrestler.  Two indoor track state champions and several more that placed high in the state and some stellar spring sports, still playing in regional tournaments.  However, we could succeed in everything but football and folks think they own us. We have some great kids at THS on and off the field and I'll profess my pride in them each and every day.  As far as football goes this fall, I do think they will have a good team, they have a very difficult schedule and I am picking them to go 7-3 and finish 2nd in yhe SWD and if people have a problem with the thoughts in my head, it doesn't bother me, its just my thoughts.

Tazewell is playing 2 teams that played for state titles and 1 team that lost in the state semis, and all 3 teams are going to be very good again. That's a tough 3 games for Most Class 4 teams in Virginia and Most AAA teams in the state of WV, and it's wicked for any Virginia Class 2 or WV AA team.  

From an outsiders view for the Dogs, great improvement and a sign of good things to come would be winning the other 7, and of the 3 juggernaut losses, 1 of the 3 could be a blowout chalking it up to a bad game, and 1 of the 3 needs to be respectable (within 20 points) and 1 of the 3 needs to be a near miss (within a TD or so). 

Tazewell may go 9-1 for all I know, but RH, Bluefield, and Graham will be tough to deal with. Only my opinion

38 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Tazewell is playing 2 teams that played for state titles and 1 team that lost in the state semis, and all 3 teams are going to be very good again. That's a tough 3 games for Most Class 4 teams in Virginia and Most AAA teams in the state of WV, and it's wicked for any Virginia Class 2 or WV AA team.  

From an outsiders view for the Dogs, great improvement and a sign of good things to come would be winning the other 7, and of the 3 juggernaut losses, 1 of the 3 could be a blowout chalking it up to a bad game, and 1 of the 3 needs to be respectable (within 20 points) and 1 of the 3 needs to be a near miss (within a TD or so). 

Tazewell may go 9-1 for all I know, but RH, Bluefield, and Graham will be tough to deal with. Only my opinion

A very reasonable opinion.

Looking into the crystal ball:

Tazewell loses shockingly to VA High to open season

They lose to Graham by three scores

they lose in Richmond to CH (0-3)

they beat Battle convincingly

They get slaughtered by Riverheads (1-4)

they beat Grundy in a closer than expected game

they lose to Richlands and are denied a 2nd parade in three years (there is no wunderkind in navy to bail out the Dawgs this time)

lose to BFWV 

beat Marion and Ft  Chiswell to close the season

4-6 

sure things:

L to Graham, BFWV, and Riverheads

W over Marion, FTC, Grundy, Battle

toss-ups

Colonial Heights, Richlands, VA High

if they can go 2-1 in those toss-ups then yeah they’ll have a “special” season

11 hours ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

Looking into the crystal ball:

Tazewell loses shockingly to VA High to open season

They lose to Graham by three scores

they lose in Richmond to CH (0-3)

they beat Battle convincingly

They get slaughtered by Riverheads (1-4)

they beat Grundy in a closer than expected game

they lose to Richlands and are denied a 2nd parade in three years (there is no wunderkind in navy to bail out the Dawgs this time)

lose to BFWV 

beat Marion and Ft  Chiswell to close the season

4-6 

sure things:

L to Graham, BFWV, and Riverheads

W over Marion, FTC, Grundy, Battle

toss-ups

Colonial Heights, Richlands, VA High

if they can go 2-1 in those toss-ups then yeah they’ll have a “special” season

Entitled to your opinion and it may well happen, good luck to your team.

12 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Entitled to your opinion and it may well happen, good luck to your team.

I will eat my shoe if they lose to Colonial Heights.  It’s a Clark’s shoe, so not the cheapest thing in the world.

This board routinely has no clue how good or bad teams in the 804/757/703 usually are, but Colonial Heights is historically pitiful.  They went 4-6 last year behind an absolute stud of a QB who is playing Division 1 collegiate football this fall.  There is absolutely nothing aside from him.  

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

I will eat my shoe if they lose to Colonial Heights.  It’s a Clark’s shoe, so not the cheapest thing in the world.

This board routinely has no clue how good or bad teams in the 804/757/703 usually are, but Colonial Heights is historically pitiful.  They went 4-6 last year behind an absolute stud of a QB who is playing Division 1 collegiate football this fall.  There is absolutely nothing aside from him.  

Some know....maybe not all but some know how good or bad those teams are

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I have friends that live in Southside of Richmond and another that lives in Colonial Heights and they tell me the same as you said about Colonial Heights.  They will have a few athletes, but are un-disciplined and not very good.  I have spent quite a bit of time in that area, I know a few good places to eat down there, of course there are plenty to choose from.  However, if you want some recommendations let me know.  Im pretty confident that you won't be eating your shoe.

I hope the kids have a fun trip, it will be a good experience for them. 

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I have friends that live in Southside of Richmond and another that lives in Colonial Heights and they tell me the same as you said about Colonial Heights.  They will have a few athletes, but are un-disciplined and not very good.  I have spent quite a bit of time in that area, I know a few good places to eat down there, of course there are plenty to choose from.  However, if you want some recommendations let me know.  Im pretty confident that you won't be eating your shoe.

I hope the kids have a fun trip, it will be a good experience for them. 

Please shoot me some recommendations!  I’m going to be staying overnight there, so good eats are always welcome!

44 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Please shoot me some recommendations!  I’m going to be staying overnight there, so good eats are always welcome!

Well, if you are going 64 East to 95 South.  I would recommend the Bullets at the B.P. station at the Goochland exit (exit 167), if you are just looking for something quick while you are traveling.  The "Bullet Burger" is awesome.  In the Southside of Richmond, if you like Pizza, I would recommend "Pino's", it is in a strip mall off of the Hopkins Road exit off of Chippenham Parkway (147).  It doesn't look like much of a restaurant, but it is good.  There is a Western Sizzlin on Hull street - off of Chippenham Parkway- if you recall the one in Bluefield, VA years ago.  If you don't mind going a few miles out of your way, there is a Dominic's of New York Food Cart outside of the Lowe's behind the Chesterfield Towne Center on Midlothian Turnpike that has good Philly Cheese-Steak, sausage subs, etc...  I go out of my way every time I go there to get a Philly steak there.  Firehouse Subs off of Chippenham (Forest Hills Road exit).  

In Colonial Heights, there is a Cracker Barrel that I used to go to, a "Bandidos" Mexican restaurant that is really good and an Italian place called "Vincenzo's".  I can vouch for all of those places being pretty good.  Of course there are a ton of places to eat in Colonial Heights, Texas Road House, Applebee's, etc...  South Park Mall has a pretty decent food court too, I think there is a Chipotle in there as well as a pretty good Cheese-Steak place.  Really too many to name, but those are some of the really good ones.

On a side note.  If you go 81 N to 64 E to 95 S, that will be the most direct route to Colonial Heights.

I like to go 81 N to 460 E to route 15  (Farmville Exit) to 60 E - that will take you down Midlothian Turnpike and past Chesterfield Towne Center and by a lot of restaurants.  From there you can take Chippenham Parkway (147 - South) to 95 (South).  It takes a little bit longer, but the drive is less stressful and there are plenty of places to stop to take a break from driving.

You could also go 460 E and take route 317 to 360 E  (Through Amelia) and that will take you down Hull Street to Chippenham Parkway) - little bit faster then going down Midlothian Turnpike.

On 5/29/2022 at 10:07 AM, UVAObserver said:

I've played golf out that way a few times over the years. I can vouch for Vincenzo's being some really good Italian. I've never had Los Banditos but Don Jose is very good Mexican.

There is a new place not far from the high school near Target called Sedona Tap House. That place is exquisite! 

7 hours ago, sixcat said:

I've played golf out that way a few times over the years. I can vouch for Vincenzo's being some really good Italian. I've never had Los Banditos but Don Jose is very good Mexican.

There is a new place not far from the high school near Target called Sedona Tap House. That place is exquisite! 

I'll have to try Don Jose.  

• 2 months later...

Mount View didn't drop Tazewell it was the other way around. Tazewell didn't want to come to Welch. When the 2 schools agreed to a contract the first game was supposed to have been played @ MV in 2020 but was cancelled due to covid last year was the 2nd game of the contract which was played @ tazewell but Tazewell didn't want to come to Welch this year to make up for the 1st game being cancelled so that is why there is no game between the 2 schools.

14 hours ago, knightsfan3 said:

Mount View didn't drop Tazewell it was the other way around. Tazewell didn't want to come to Welch. When the 2 schools agreed to a contract the first game was supposed to have been played @ MV in 2020 but was cancelled due to covid last year was the 2nd game of the contract which was played @ tazewell but Tazewell didn't want to come to Welch this year to make up for the 1st game being cancelled so that is why there is no game between the 2 schools.

I respectfully don’t blame them. That drive sucks in a car, let alone a bus. 

8 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I can't think of a viable reason as to why we are still talking about this

For the entertainment of those of us who aren’t affiliated with either school? 😂🤷🏻‍♂️