Gavin Cox signs

Ryan4VT

Congrats to him.  Kid has a cannon arm and has the kind of arm that can allow a very good high school Qb to become a blow-up, bigtime college QB.  Wouldn't suprise me if it happened.  He's going to get down there, and they are going to get him in great shape with trainers, a loss of a few pounds, and in the film room learning about making the right decisions.  If he gets these two things down, he's dangerous.  Has the potential to tear it up at UVA-Wise.  I think he can play/thought he could play at a higher level than Wise because of the upside he has.  

36 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Congrats to him.  Kid has a cannon arm and has the kind of arm that can allow a very good high school Qb to become a blow-up, bigtime college QB.  Wouldn't suprise me if it happened.  He's going to get down there, and they are going to get him in great shape with trainers, a loss of a few pounds, and in the film room learning about making the right decisions.  If he gets these two things down, he's dangerous.  Has the potential to tear it up at UVA-Wise.  I think he can play/thought he could play at a higher level than Wise because of the upside he has.  

His biggest hurdle will be mechanics and some really bad habits…throwing without setting feet, doesn’t keep the ball up and ready to throw…leaves it hanging down below his waist….bit of hitch in his throwing motion….all correctable issues.  Physical tools are there.  I’m pulling for him.