1D, Rye Cove-TW, J.I. Burton-Twin Springs, Lebanon-Chilhowie

BandanaVTDavis4321

Twin Springs 30+ year athletic trainer, Mike Larkins, passed away this morning from COVID complications.  Will be interesting to see if they are a little extra motivated for him.  I didnt know him well but Ive never heard a bad word spoken of him from anyone around the TS athletic programs and he spent a lot of his personal time there supporting the kids.

TW can be a hard place to play so I am concerned for my Eagles. They can't be complacent tonight.

Castlewood is a super nice facility and TW is too even though its a much older gym. TS, RC and Burton all tied at the top of the district standings now.  At least for 1 night. If TS was to sweep Burton, RC vs TS for the district title could be electric on Valley Creek next Friday. 

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

The other wild scenario could be if Burton wins tomorrow, next Friday could end with a 4 way tie for the district title if TS were to beat RC and Eastside were to beat Burton.

How will that be broken? I'd like to go see these games if this comes to fruition.

In the span of almost a week we have seen in the Cumberland 

Cove beat Eastside

Burton beat Cove

Eastside beat Burton

Eastside beat TS

TS beat Burton

TS blow out Burton

In the Hogo you have 

Holston beat Chilhowie

Northwood beat Lebanon in OT

PH beat RR

Northwood beat Chilhowie

Lebanon blow out RR

Chilhowie blow out Lebanon

RR beat Holston

PH beat Northwood 

1D is wild 

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I'm done trying to predict 1D games lol. Just when I think Burton putting it altogether, they lose twice to TS including t the blow out today. Seems like CDD be decided next week when TS and RC face off. 

What RC wouldn’t give to have that second quarter back when they hosted Burton right now. 

6 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Wrapped up at least a share because even if TS wins Friday they would have been tied then.

Ah okay. In the event of multiple teams being tied for first, who gets the auto bid? Or will all three spots in 1D tourney be decided by CDD tourney?

Well now it doesnt matter.  The winner of RC/TS will be the champ.  In the past, they have had a playoff for the 1 seed though.  Loser of RC/TS and winner of Eastside/Burton will tie for 2nd. Not sure if they will flip a coin or what there.  If they used Head to Head, RC would hope Eastside wins to get the 2 seed.  Burton wins and they would get the 2 seed if H2H is was used.  Im not sure though.

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

if it's H2H, wouldn't TS be second? They beat JIB twice, not sure but thought they at least split with Eastside. 

If TS loses to RC.  Yes TS/Eastside split.  Eastside should have won in TS but some questionable decision making took place IMO with 2-3 minutes to go by Eastside, and I think they still held a 7 point lead with around 45 second left or so and ended up losing on a buzzer beating 3.

8 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

If TS loses to RC.  Yes TS/Eastside split.  Eastside should have won in TS but some questionable decision making took place IMO with 2-3 minutes to go by Eastside, and I think they still held a 7 point lead with around 45 second left or so and ended up losing on a buzzer beating 3.

Would a RC loss drop them to third if Burton beats Eastside?

With RC win:

RC-1

TS-2

JIB/East side winner-3

With TS win:

TS-1

If Burton beats Eastside, Burton -2, if Eastside wins is RC-2?

If they go H2H yes.  The good thing for RC is that with the TS sweep this weekend they can be no worse than 3rd.  If Cwood hadnt had so many injuries everyone would really be talking about the Cumberland. Patrick Wade is doing a good job over at Cwood.  Those boys have some size and are scrappy.  Just not much depth due to injuries.  If you look at some of their games the first half is tight with about everyone.  Just run out of steam.

If TS wins, RC is hoping Eastside beats Burton I would assume if they are using H2H.  If RC wins I would assume TS hopes Burton wins in that scenario.  If RC wins and Eastside wins, I am not sure how they will settle it since they split.