lebanon job open

stantheman

At the very top of 1A in enrollment

Community support from a good sized town in comparison to other 1As(not knocking them but teams like RC, Holston, Castlewood, etc don't have that)

Have a good group coming up

From the outside it seems like a good job

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

At the very top of 1A in enrollment

Community support from a good sized town in comparison to other 1As(not knocking them but teams like RC, Holston, Castlewood, etc don't have that)

Have a good group coming up

From the outside it seems like a good job

I agree. Usually Lebanon hires from the inside or within county. In this instance an outside hire maybe good. Whoever gets it has a major qb decision to make right off, that could make or break the program. I feel this program has potential,  but needs some new blood, and that is not a knock on any of the current staff or former coach. 

3 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

With the job Chris Lark has done at Cwood I wonder if they will reach out to him.

Same thing for my opinion.  As long as Greg Tester is in SWVA and not the Head Coach of some team in football, it's well worth the call/well worth the attempt.  Man simply knows to much about pigskin.  He's going to do well whatever the school is.  For Lebanon fans that may know, whatever happened to Scott Allen, the great football player and basketball player that was on those Lebanon State Teams in the early 90's?  Didn't he go into coaching/education?  

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Same thing for my opinion.  As long as Greg Tester is in SWVA and not the Head Coach of some team in football, it's well worth the call/well worth the attempt.  Man simply knows to much about pigskin.  He's going to do well whatever the school is.  For Lebanon fans that may know, whatever happened to Scott Allen, the great football player and basketball player that was on those Lebanon State Teams in the early 90's?  Didn't he go into coaching/education?  

Scott is the principal at EB Stanley MS in Abingdon, VA  - Very content at what he is doing!  Watching his son grow up and helping with his athletic maturation!  Great dude for sure!

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

Scott is the principal at EB Stanley MS in Abingdon, VA  - Very content at what he is doing!  Watching his son grow up and helping with his athletic maturation!  Great dude for sure!

Good for him.  Met him once about 30 years ago.  Seemed like a class-act then, and one heck of an athlete. 

most coachs jump ship when the talent dries up,  nobody wants to go through losing seasons.   if you dont have feeder programs producing you players its tough to compete.  i dont see any high profile coach taking this job

6 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Tester won’t go to Lebanon.  Don’t care how much you think he knows about football, TOO MUCH of a rebuild. 

10 hours ago, ghos88t said:

Tester won’t go to Lebanon.  Don’t care how much you think he knows about football, TOO MUCH of rebuild.

I agree it's a rebuild, but the program has potential. Coach Webb, reworked their youth program to make it more competitive. Their JV went undefeated and played a wide open offense that was fun to watch. They've got 16 returning seniors with good athletes, and a stud QB moving up to varsity. They're also the biggest or one of the biggest 1A schools in the state. I would think a coach would jump that opportunity, what do they have to lose if it doesn't work?  And if it does work out, then the coach has made a good name for themselves. If a coach doesn't want to come because it's a hard job, then the Pioneers are better off without them. 

12 hours ago, stantheman said:

most coachs jump ship when the talent dries up,  nobody wants to go through losing seasons.   if you dont have feeder programs producing you players its tough to compete.  i dont see any high profile coach taking this job

Lebanon reworked their youth programs a year or so after Coach Webb took over. The change made the youth programs much more competitive. He didn't produce a lot of wins, but that change will pay off over time. In some cases it may already have. The JV team finished undefeated this past season. It was the 1st group to go through the new youth program. 

15 hours ago, ghos88t said:

Tester won’t go to Lebanon.  Don’t care how much you think he knows about football, TOO MUCH of a rebuild. 

Follow your words with, "in your opinion." And P.S. I equally don't care about your smart as" take about how much he knows about football. If you "don't care," about how much I think he knows about football, then don't post.

9 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Follow your words with, "in your opinion." And P.S. I equally don't care about your smart as" take about how much he knows about football. If you "don't care," about how much I think he knows about football, then don't post.

Watch your mouth when speaking to the president of the Greg Tester fan club. 

Lebanon has the real chance of becoming a dominant 1A football program.  They are also perfectly located to poach the occasional Honaker and/or Castlewood player.  They obviously have the blueprint with their baseball team. If they are already engaged in building consistency and structure at the youth level they are well on their way.  Daddy ball at the youth level erodes a program’s progress significantly.  And this region is known for some youth Daddy ball.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:04 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Pioneer, Uncle Percy says you have a lot of Common Sense for a peewee poster. In fact, more than a lot of these so called varsity expert posters.  

9 hours ago, 276 for the win said:

Watch your mouth when speaking to the president of the Greg Tester fan club. 

We didn’t know there was such a club.  Cousin Delbert wants to know how much the dues are to join.