Mountain 7

Weatherman

3 hours ago, Bristol Rage Lacrosse said:

Anybody at Richlands/ region today?

I was. Good day of wrestling. 

Union & Battle tied and are Co-Region Champs. Richlands in 3rd with only 9 wrestlers participating. 

6 hours ago, Bristol Rage Lacrosse said:

State tournament in Salem next weekend ?  Some of our VHS JSB lacrosse guys made it. Whats it like? Friday and Saturday? all day both days,, late?  Hotels already booked im assuming?

Correct. Friday and Saturday at the Salem Civic Center. 

First round at 10am Friday. It’ll go all the way until around 9pm that night. Then on Saturday, Semifinals begin at 10am and continue all day. Finals will start at 5 for all 3 classifications. Usually ends around 8 or so. But yeah, two full days. Hate I’m gonna miss it this year. I’ll be on a plane to Daytona for the 500 on Saturday. 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:07 PM, Ryan4VT said:

GC and Ridgeview both don’t have wrestling. Shocks me. 

Ridgeview did for 1 season, then year two the school board cut Wrestling and Choir to save money, Choir teacher was the wrestling coach(gotta be a first). Couldn't provide those programs to the kids and pay for the Superintendents Tahoe and clothing allowance, something had to give.

As for GC I assume before McClung Winter was for the weight room, not wrestling 

19 hours ago, redtiger said:

Ridgeview did for 1 season, then year two the school board cut Wrestling and Choir to save money, Choir teacher was the wrestling coach(gotta be a first). Couldn't provide those programs to the kids and pay for the Superintendents Tahoe and clothing allowance, something had to give.

As for GC I assume before McClung Winter was for the weight room, not wrestling 

I hear lots of wonderful stories about this superintendent... 😄

On 2/11/2022 at 4:07 PM, Ryan4VT said:

GC and Ridgeview both don’t have wrestling. Shocks me. 

Ridgeview had one.  The coach wasnt much best i could remember.  He was just hired in the position because he had been around the sport more than anyone else over there.