Graham SWD win Streak

T8KNDookeez

11 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Real Sasq, what do they do for the SWD tournament location assuming both tie for first? Do they flip a coin on whether VH or Graham hosts? Go by overall record, etc.?

In Virginia, they have a one game playoff for the regular season title for all districts at a neutral site.  Mainly because in Virginia, a regular season title gets you an automatic bid to the region tournament in most cases.  That's the one thing about Virginia that is better as compared to Tennessee.  

For instance, the Big 5 girls tonight will end in a 3 way tie for first if Science Hill beats Dobyns-Bennett.  They've already determined how the seeds will go for the district tournament if that indeed occurs.  Should be a playoff if no head to heads break tiebreakers.

My guess is, if Virginia High and Graham do indeed wind up tied, then they will play each other on Saturday or Monday in a one game playoff at either Richlands or Marion.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

In Virginia, they have a one game playoff for the regular season title for all districts at a neutral site.  Mainly because in Virginia, a regular season title gets you an automatic bid to the region tournament in most cases.  That's the one thing about Virginia that is better as compared to Tennessee.  

For instance, the Big 5 girls tonight will end in a 3 way tie for first if Science Hill beats Dobyns-Bennett.  They've already determined how the seeds will go for the district tournament if that indeed occurs.  Should be a playoff if no head to heads break tiebreakers.

My guess is, if Virginia High and Graham do indeed wind up tied, then they will play each other on Saturday or Monday in a one game playoff at either Richlands or Marion.

I know VA high has Marion tomorrow. Who does Graham have left on the schedule?

5 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Regardless of the game - Can Graham even host if they are playing at Brush For Armory?  They couldn't host the district tournament I imagine there?

I don't see why not Fox. They've had a state title and many state Semifinal games in WV for Graham football. Brushwork Armory I  visited last year. I was a little shocked. That place seemed like a dump in the late 80s, 90s, 2000s,  but it's no longer that imo. It's actually nice. I don't know when they updated it, but the Graham vs GC region title game with McClung a few years back that was played at Tazewell, well they should have considered Brushfork Armory. It lists as 3000 seats which is similar to Tazewell, and this place now reminds me nothing of what it was years ago. Imo, a pretty dang nice venue for High School Hoops, and even small college. I think the Armory is nicer than Bluefield College, Bluefield State, and Concords gym. 

On 2/11/2022 at 9:00 AM, FoxTrot said:

Regardless of the game - Can Graham even host if they are playing at Brush For Armory?  They couldn't host the district tournament I imagine there?

I'd say between Bluefield State and the Armory they would get that figured out. Graham has played majority of their "home" season at the armory but has used Bluefield State's gym on maybe 4 or 5 occassions this year. Probably depends on scheduling with Bluefield Beavers and Bluefield State's teams but I don't see why not.