Baseball Preseason Predictions

Stelley

Anyone have any predictions about how region d might play out for baseball. How will it shake things up with Lebanon moving down to 1a. Which team will win 2d? Will Lebanon be the favorite in 1d? My prediction for 1d is whoever wins the hogo. For 2d it’s a coin toss between Battle and Tazewell.

Bold prediction:  Ridgeview will break through and win a game this season.  Folks the Wolfpack haven’t won a varsity game since the 2019 season.  John Battle will be very good, per usual, and is my pick to win the M-7.  I think Union is on the upswing…won’t challenge seriously but seem to be building a solid program structure.  Central lost some talent but is located in a baseball town.  They will be fine.  Abingdon has one of the best programs in the state but, since they are 3A, they won’t be a factor at the region level.  I’m not as sure about Lee and Gate City….I’ll have to check on their pitching.  I can’t speak to the SWD….assuming Tazewell will be the team to beat over there.

I’d say Lee will still be the same level they were last year. Gate City lost their best 2 guys. JB seems to be the most likely winner of mtn 7 (outside of Abingdon ofc)

32 minutes ago, stantheman said:

abingdon lost a ton of seniors last year,  Gibson kid is only regular returning unless Ketron can play due to covid rules,  not sure on that

Abingdon opens up against Lebanon. Could lebanon pull the upset?

I feel like it would be since they’re now 1a and abingdon wipes the floor with everyone in 2a usually with every sport. Would be a dogfight if abingdon threw Gibson and Lebanon threw Buchanan or their big freshman.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Lebanon dominates 1A IMO

The Pioneers will definitely be hard to beat. They have a tough schedule that should get them ready. They play Abingdon twice, VHS at least once, Tennessee High I think in a scrimmage,  and some other 2As. They will definitely have pitching. If they can hit consistently...they could win it all in 1A. Lebanon is going to be good in baseball for years they have a lot of talent coming up. 

If the basketball team makes a run it could slow down the baseball team early on. I know Buchanan and a couple others play basketball as well. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer said:

The Pioneers will definitely be hard to beat. They have a tough schedule that should get them ready. They play Abingdon twice, VHS at least once, Tennessee High I think in a scrimmage,  and some other 2As. They will definitely have pitching. If they can hit consistently...they could win it all in 1A. Lebanon is going to be good in baseball for years they have a lot of talent coming up. 

If the basketball team makes a run it could slow down the baseball team early on. I know Buchanan and a couple others play basketball as well. 

Pioneers probably have the best defense and pitching in 1a right now. As long as their offense supplies hits they shouldn’t lose a game until state. And is it true they won’t have any seniors this year on their squad?

16 hours ago, Stelley said:

Pioneers probably have the best defense and pitching in 1a right now. As long as their offense supplies hits they shouldn’t lose a game until state. And is it true they won’t have any seniors this year on their squad?

As of right now I don't think they will have any seniors. They are juniors and sophomores.  I know they had to hold try outs for varsity this year. They are going to be loaded for a while. 

Does anyone think that any team in 1d can beat Lebanon? I think lebanon shouldn’t lose a district game but if every team throws their best against them they could still lose

8 hours ago, Stelley said:

Does anyone think that any team in 1d can beat Lebanon? I think lebanon shouldn’t lose a district game but if every team throws their best against them they could still lose

Lebanon shouldn't lose in the region. They've got excellent pitching and overall defense. I think what some people could be concerned about is hitting consistently. They lost a lot in that area from last year. They also have a lot of areas to fill. The roster has 16 players, absolute 0 seniors. They will be young and look much different than last year in many areas. That being said they still have experience returning. I could see them winning all their 1A games on their schedule, but losing a game or so to 2A/3A teams like Virginia High and Abingdon  and possibly others. They have a tough schedule to get them ready for a deep 1A state run. They will get better as the season goes, but they could be a work in progress early. 

Basketball at Lebanon finally ended so 6 players off the basketball team will finally be able to get ready for baseball. 

Good Luck Pioneers. 

51 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

Lebanon shouldn't lose in the region. They've got excellent pitching and overall defense. I think what some people could be concerned about is hitting consistently. They lost a lot in that area from last year. They also have a lot of areas to fill. The roster has 16 players, absolute 0 seniors. They will be young and look much different than last year in many areas. That being said they still have experience returning. I could see them winning all their 1A games on their schedule, but losing a game or so to 2A/3A teams like Virginia High and Abingdon  and possibly others. They have a tough schedule to get them ready for a deep 1A state run. They will get better as the season goes, but they could be a work in progress early. 

Basketball at Lebanon finally ended so 6 players off the basketball team will finally be able to get ready for baseball. 

Good Luck Pioneers. 

Is there any big talent coming up from their jv squad?