Region D Tournament

BandanaVTDavis4321

Is this correct?  I'm not sure it is, but the way I understand it, Graham is automatically the number 1 seed from the SWD in region play as they won the regular season, and even if they lose to Virginia High in the SWD tournament, Graham is still the 1 seed for region play purposes.

The M7 regular season finished the top 5 like this.......Union, Abingdon, Gate City, Ridgeview, John Battle.  Since Abingdon is Class 3, that puts John Battle as the 4th seeded team from the M7 in region play so........if I have this correct, Graham vs John Battle is a done deal, automatically one of the first region playoff games.

My Guess.....just a pure guess on how the Region Tournament will look

Union vs Tazewell and the winner of that game plays the winner of Va High vs Ridgeview

Graham vs Battle and the winner of that game plays the winner of Gate City vs Marion

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Is this correct?  I'm not sure it is, but the way I understand it, Graham is automatically the number 1 seed from the SWD in region play as they won the regular season, and even if they lose to Virginia High in the SWD tournament, Graham is still the 1 seed for region play purposes. 

The M7 regular season finished the top 5 like this.......Union, Abingdon, Gate City, Ridgeview, John Battle.  Since Abingdon is Class 3, that puts John Battle as the 4th seeded team from the M7 in region play so........if I have this correct, Graham vs John Battle is a done deal, automatically one of the first region playoff games. 

My Guess.....just a pure guess on how the Region Tournament will look

Union vs Tazewell and the winner of that game plays the winner of Va High vs Ridgeview

Graham vs Battle and the winner of that game plays the winner of Gate City vs Marion

All of this should be accurate.

So, assuming VA High doesn't lose to a team other than Graham in the SWD tournament, and even if they win the SWD tournament, as long as they are not upset by any team other than Graham and they advance to the SWD Title Game, and assuming Richlands doesn't win any games in the SWD tournament which is expected,, the Region D Playoffs will be

Union vs Tazewell, winner plays VA High vs Ridgeview

Graham vs J.Battle, winner plays Gate City vs Marion. 

Depending on Richlands or Tazewell pulling an upset over Marion, the 3 and 4 seeds from the SWD may look different than the above, but I think the results in game 1 of the region playoffs for the 3rd and 4th seeded teams from the SWD end up the same, as both will lose to Union and Gate City in game 1 of the region tournament.

Where are the Region 1D and 2D tournaments this year? 

1D is usually held at Wise if it's the Cumberland's turn. At SWCC if it's the Black Diamond's, but I have no clue if it's the Hogoheegee's turn who would host. I'm assuming Lebanon as their gym is actually one of the largest in the area for any school. 

I'm assuming 2D is either at Wise or Virginia High? 

Edit: Confirmed. 1D is at Lebanon, 2D is at Wise. 

12 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Region 1D tourney is pretty set 

Hurley/Burton/Eastside vs Northwood

Burton/Eastside winner vs. Honaker

Holston@ Grundy

Lebanon @ Twin Springs 

It's an injustice that Hurley gets in over Rye Cove. Hurley is awful compared to Rye Cove!

14 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Region 1D tourney is pretty set 

Hurley/Burton/Eastside vs Northwood

Burton/Eastside winner vs. Honaker

Holston@ Grundy

Lebanon @ Twin Springs 

Hurley/Burton Vs Northwood

Eastside @ Honaker

Holston @ Grundy 

Lebanon @ Twin Springs

12 hours ago, breckt said:

Any idea if the regional games held at UVA Wise will be video streamed live? Like on NHFS or another outlet?

The Cumberland district tournament was not streamed so unless someone goes out of their way, UVA do not have the capability to do it. 

11 minutes ago, Unchained said:

All that Graham-Union hype and VHS says "Shame if somebody came along and spolis it". Hope the Bears are paying attention. You don't get to the Regional Semifinals by not being good,

VHS lost to Marion in the SWD tournament to get the #3 seed and avoid Union...apparently they felt good about their chances playing Graham a 4th time...