Tuesday Night Games on NFHS in Regions D and C

BandanaVTDavis4321

• Region C

James River vs Alleghany.  Alleghany is sneaky good and James River gets a tough draw for game one of the playoffs.  Alleghany played James River within 7 points in the last contest and Alleghany ran a very good Glenvar team ouf of the gym Friday night.  

Martinsville vs Dan River.  The Bulldogs still play basketball in Martinsville and they are talented, but undisciplined.  When they play the occasional disciplined game, they can play with a team like Radford. .  

Chatham vs Floyd County. 

Nelson County vs Radford is NOT on NFHS.

• Region D

JI Burton vs Northwood

Twin Springs vs Lebanon

Eastside vs Honaker

Grundy vs Holston

My picks- James River, Martinsville, Floyd County, Radford, JI Burton, Eastside, Grundy, Upset of the Night-Lebanon over Twin Springs.  Lebanon has lost 8 games.  6 of those losses were to Class 1 schools and all 6 losses were by a combined score of 29 points.  5 of the Class 1 losses were by a combined score of 13 points.  Lebanon is sneaky good.  I think many people might think the upset pick is Honaker over Eastside, but if there is an upset tonight, I will go with Lebanon over Twin Springs instead of Honaker over Eastside.  As for Grundy and Holston, I don't think Holston winning or Grundy winning is an upset.  Game could go either way.

36 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:
  • Region C

James River vs Alleghany.  Alleghany is sneaky good and James River gets a tough draw for game one of the playoffs.  Alleghany played James River within 7 points in the last contest and Alleghany ran a very good Glenvar team ouf of the gym Friday night.  

Martinsville vs Dan River.  The Bulldogs still play basketball in Martinsville and they are talented, but undisciplined.  When they play the occasional disciplined game, they can play with a team like Radford. .  

Chatham vs Floyd County. 

Nelson County vs Radford is NOT on NFHS.

• Region D

JI Burton vs Northwood

Twin Springs vs Lebanon

Eastside vs Honaker

Grundy vs Holston

My picks- James River, Martinsville, Floyd County, Radford, JI Burton, Eastside, Grundy, Upset of the Night-Lebanon over Twin Springs.  Lebanon has lost 8 games.  6 of those losses were to Class 1 schools and all 6 losses were by a combined score of 29 points.  5 of the Class 1 losses were by a combined score of 13 points.  Lebanon is sneaky good.  I think many people might think the upset pick is Honaker over Eastside, but if there is an upset tonight, I will go with Lebanon over Twin Springs instead of Honaker over Eastside.  As for Grundy and Holston, I don't think Holston winning or Grundy winning is an upset.  Game could go either way.

Honaker and Eastside played a tight one a couple weeks ago-I think it’s a tossup for sure.

Lebanon is young like Honaker-both teams only play one senior-I think that is part of why they have dropped a lot of close games. Russell Co going to have a lot of expectations in Region D the next two years. 

37 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Honaker and Eastside played a tight one a couple weeks ago-I think it’s a tossup for sure.

Lebanon is young like Honaker-both teams only play one senior-I think that is part of why they have dropped a lot of close games. Russell Co going to have a lot of expectations in Region D the next two years. 

I'm looking forward to Eastside vs Honaker, Lebanon vs Twin Springs, and James River vs Alleghany.  I plan to flip back and forth between all 3, and hopefully 1 of the 3 is a blowout by halftime so I can narrow it down to just flipping back and forth between two games.  NFHS and those dang ads each time you flip over is unavoidable.  I have a feeling all 3 will be close and if their's a blowout, it will be James River.  

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not a shocker, neither Richlands nor Graham are good at all. I figured it would be bad. 

Graham is playing hard,getting some steals,but Central is the juggernaut. Those girls ball year round, I am hearing a Marion player is out tonight. That game should be a dandy at 7. Even a healthy Marion squad would have a BATTLE with Battle:).

8 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Northwood bounces Burton 58-55 in boys

Wow!  I was thinking Lebanon or Honaker to have a chance at the upset.  Never saw that one coming, but Northwood is supposed to be pretty good.  I haven't seen/haven't watched Northwood all year.  

In Region 2C, Alleghany, who was possibly going to play James River tough?  Forget about it.  Game is effectively over.  James River up 31 to 8 with 3 minutes left in the first half.  This team is lights out defensively.  

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Wow!  I was thinking Lebanon or Honaker to have a chance at the upset.  Never saw that one coming, but Northwood is supposed to be pretty good.  I haven't seen/haven't watched Northwood all year.  

In Region 2C, Alleghany, who was possibly going to play James River tough?  Forget about it.  Game is effectively over.  James River up 31 to 8 with 3 minutes left in the first half.  This team is lights out defensively.  

Northwood shot their FTs well when it counted.

Honaker getting it done so far, up 29-25 on Eastside at the half.  Honaker has some quick kids.  Quickest overall team I've seen in 1D this year.  They are very, very difficult to beat off the dribble, and offensively, they are quick to beat the opponents off the dribble.

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

39-37, Honaker up on Eastside after 3.  Heck of a game to watch with both teams playing their arses off and giving it everything they've got to will their comrades to victory.

Switching to that one now. Grundy's girls in control of Burton.

21 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

39-37, Honaker up on Eastside after 3.  Heck of a game to watch with both teams playing their arses off and giving it everything they've got to will their comrades to victory.

Tons of grit by Sparty. Those 2 quick 3's by Honaker, to put ES down by 5 on the road and Eastside didn't flinch. Great poise,great win.

Final:  Eastside 61, Honaker 56.  Takeaways from watching this one.  Zero grand total of quit in Honaker.  Those kids battled and played like champions.  This was arguably the best High School Basketball game I've watched all season long.  Honaker is very well coached.  Union is very well coached.  Graham is very well coached, but only my opinion here and one guys opinion only from watching hoops a whole lot last year and this year, the guy from Eastside might be the best High School Basketball Coach west of Radford in Virgina.  Just my opinion.  Eastide certainly isn't the best team west of Radford, but I just don't think you are going to find a better coach than the guy from Eastside.  The adjustments they make in game each and every time I see them is just crazy.  If that guy has equal talent, the opponent is often in trouble.  He can flat out coach.

2 hours ago, Unchained said:

Graham is playing hard,getting some steals,but Central is the juggernaut. Those girls ball year round, I am hearing a Marion player is out tonight. That game should be a dandy at 7. Even a healthy Marion squad would have a BATTLE with Battle:).

Graham had girls who could be coached up to match their talent but that doesn’t always happen. They play hard most games but that doesn’t translate into wins. I just don’t think SWD is anywhere on par with M7 with girls’ bb generally, speaking.

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

On boys side, can someone list who's done and who's advanced? Is JIB season over? Has Eastside clinched trip to state tourney or do they gotta win one.more?

1D is down to 4 teams with whoever wins the 2 games below advancing to the state tournament.

Eastside vs Northwood

Twin Springs vs Holston

JI Burton eliminated from the playoffs.  Eastside needs 1 more win to advance to the state tournament, so they are NOT in the state tournament yet.  No team in Region 1D has qualified yet.  Holton beat Grundy Tonight.  Northwood beat JI Burton tonight.  Eastside beat Honaker and Twin Springs crushed Lebanon.

Twin Springs appears to be a big favorite to beat Holston and become 1 of the 2 teams to advance to state.  Eastside is no sure winner over Northwood, as Northwood appears to be pretty hot.  

In Region 2C, it's down to 4 teams.  On Thursday Night (the 24th), James River plays Floyd County and Radford plays Martinsville at Roanoke College.  The winners of both games advance to the state tournament and do battle with Region D's top 2.

How I think it turns out after both region finals are all settled?  Union hosting the Radford Bobcats, and Graham/Gate City/Va High traveling to James River.  

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Final:  Eastside 61, Honaker 56.  Takeaways from watching this one.  Zero grand total of quit in Honaker.  Those kids battled and played like champions.  This was arguably the best High School Basketball game I've watched all season long.  Honaker is very well coached.  Union is very well coached.  Graham is very well coached, but only my opinion here and one guys opinion only from watching hoops a whole lot last year and this year, the guy from Eastside might be the best High School Basketball Coach west of Radford in Virgina.  Just my opinion.  Eastide certainly isn't the best team west of Radford, but I just don't think you are going to find a better coach than the guy from Eastside.  The adjustments they make in game each and every time I see them is just crazy.  If that guy has equal talent, the opponent is often in trouble.  He can flat out coach.

Damron is one of the best coaches around period.  The game at Twin Springs this year is the only time I have watched them play and he has made a move that really had me scratching my head as I was watching and it came back and bit them.  In the end it has worked out for them in the long run.