I must be hallucinating.

Deleted Account

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I saw Tim Hayes’s Twitter, and he said that the pitiful, pathetic, unworthy SWD went 3-1 in Region D play against the “Big East’s Daddy” M7.  Is this true?  Can this be?  Would someone please confirm this for me?!

Confirmed and Marion had to win twice....

Lol as long as the M7 team left wins out it's all good:) Now the miracle would be doing this on the girls side:). When was the last SWD boy's  team to win state in basketball? (serious question) The M7 on the ladies side is hands down the best in state,multiple titles by Central,RV.GC,but on the boys side the M7 and SWD are only par at best  (save Union winning it all last year), RV was average (Union drubbed them all 3x they met, GC is the most down they've been in decades...etc. Don't get too excited champ:)

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

I saw Tim Hayes’s Twitter, and he said that the pitiful, pathetic, unworthy SWD went 3-1 in Region D play against the “Big East’s Daddy” M7.  Is this true?  Can this be?  Would someone please confirm this for me?!

nick jonas tables have turned GIF by Jonas Brothers

I wouldn’t call it hallucinating, maybe surprised.  In basketball, the M7 has usually been the more dominant league compared to the two when comparing it from top to bottom.  Graham always has a team that competes but that is usually it.  This year, the M7 is way down compared to what everyone is used to.  I think it will be that way for a few years.  I don’t believe anybody was beating their chest this year that the M7 was going to run through the region, other than Union.

52 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I'm just glad it's Marion that's going to get that 40 point beat down on Friday night and not the Pack. 

Never thought I'd pull for Union in anything but after last night, I'm all in for one night at least. 

Ridgeview blew a 13 point half time lead. Then had a shot to win after a questionable foul call with 1 second left in the game and choked it away again.. why so bitter?

35 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Ridgeview blew a 13 point half time lead. Then had a shot to win after a questionable foul call with 1 second left in the game and choked it away again.. why so bitter?

Just the way Marion fans that were sitting on the Ridgeview side were acting I guess... I guess they do it to sit behind their bench, but I guess I'm old school, in that there's signs labeled home and visitor.  Or at least if you're going to sit on the wrong side, at least don't taunt the other team's fans.

37 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Didn’t watch the game but I’ve watched RV 4-5 times this year.  Let me take a guess…..high volume of turnovers and chaos.  Undisciplined fouls and little to no set plays in the half court?????  That’s what I saw every single time they played.  Definitely enough talent to be a #2 to Union but serious lack of basketball basics and discipline…..want to try their damndest to run even before they have the ball.

2 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Just the way Marion fans that were sitting on the Ridgeview side were acting I guess... I guess they do it to sit behind their bench, but I guess I'm old school, in that there's signs labeled home and visitor.  Or at least if you're going to sit on the wrong side, at least don't taunt the other team's fans.

honestly it went both ways... and would not have happened if things werent being said to those parents kids..

4 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

honestly it went both ways... and would not have happened if things werent being said to those parents kids..

I'll take your word for it... Ridgeview has had some ugly fan incidents in the past for sure.  The Grayson County football game from a few years back comes to mind.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I know it's kind of a distant memory, but it's a memory nonetheless; Marion is a very proud basketball school. They've put players in the pros, have two coaches in the VHSL Hall of Fame, and (albeit a LONG Time ago) have beaten both the red and gold teams of Oak Hill. Most folks remember if you didn't beat the end of day class bell into Hurricane House, you weren't going to get a seat in the home bleachers. Marion has always sat in both the home and away bleachers, but they're traditionally kind enough to stay behind their bench. Just like GC in football, just because the team isn't drawing the crowds it used to, tradition says that fans are not going to stick to the home side, even if there are seats available. That is "old school" for Marion.

A bad RV that won 18 games in the rugged M7 🤔 yeah I team that hasn’t won double digit games in a season in 5 years shouldn’t be proud of that at all.. come on man. Union and Graham will be a good game but don’t down play that first round

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

A bad RV that won 18 games in the rugged M7 🤔 yeah I team that hasn’t won double digit games in a season in 5 years shouldn’t be proud of that at all.. come on man. Union and Graham will be a good game but don’t down play that first round

You do realize that Central and Lee were terrible this year right? Battle although good talent on JV isn't great either. Like a previous poster said the M7 on the boys side is very down this year. GC being the worst they've been in ages-factor all that in and you'll get 18 wins if the non-conference schedule is soft. People can say what they want about us,but nobody plays a tougher OOC schedule than us.

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

RV won 18 games in the M7? lolol

And what was score of Battle Graham again? Musta been 25+ point win right?

the region as a whole is way down compared to years past. union is 20 points better than anybody in 2d. the down side to that is once they get to state level there not really battle tested. the ooc schedule was tough but that was a month ago. nobody beating john marshall anyway. that dennis parker jr. is legit. hes 6'7 and can shoot it. hes a jr and has verbally commited to kansas. they were up 59-16 at the half tonite

@Unchained I didn’t say anything about Union they are the favorites to win the M7 Graham will give them a good game IMO.  I just think it’s funny that @BigWinners is butt hurt over kids from the SW having a good tournament so far and the fans being proud of that. Graham is solid and a win is a win once you get to this part of the season it doesn’t matter if it’s by 1 or 40

The animosity is towards the topic of this thread I believe.  Look at the title!  No one who knows the M7 isn’t surprised by the fact that 3 SWD teams won last night.  Apparently he is though.  It’s not the M7 teams fault that typically, year in and year out, is better from top to bottom than the SWD is.  No one, that I’ve seen, has came into the region sayin the M7 was going to sweep the first round.  The only team this year is Union.  M7 is down and it showed last night.  Great job to the teams that won and good luck the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

@Unchained I didn’t say anything about Union they are the favorites to win the M7 Graham will give them a good game IMO.  I just think it’s funny that @BigWinners is butt hurt over kids from the SW having a good tournament so far and the fans being proud of that. Graham is solid and a win is a win once you get to this part of the season it doesn’t matter if it’s by 1 or 40

No, I'm happy for the kids. But it's hilarious UVAO seems to think beating Battle, RV and GC is some accomplishment worth bragging about.