James River at Union

UnionBears

39 minutes ago, M7Scout said:

Heard from a credible source: #1 Jenkins for Union, went down with a bad ankle injury during live practice on Tuesday. I’m quite surprised they were going live? 
anyway, if he is limited tonight, he may not be effective as he has been recently (18-20ppg) he relies on his athletic ability, hustle, and effort to get his points. Something interesting to watch as the course of the game unfolds

If this is true, why post it right before the game? If it's true, JR doesn't need to know. 

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

If this is true, why post it right before the game? If it's true, JR doesn't need to know. 

Said that about Jenkins earlier regarding first team.  Outside of Bunch, if only 1 other Union player could make first team, my choice would be him.  He's elevated his play from start to finish and not just the points, it's the rebounds and shots he changes in the lane.  Kid's a weapon.

27 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Said that about Jenkins earlier regarding first team.  Outside of Bunch, if only 1 other Union player could make first team, my choice would be him.  He's elevated his play from start to finish and not just the points, it's the rebounds and shots he changes in the lane.  Kid's a weapon.

Bartee, Jenkins, and Bunch all made 1st team all conference 

7 minutes ago, The U Bear said:

how many years has zack coached? i cant believe he didnt know to foul in that situation. just terrible for those kids.

Got to foul. JR is deadly with the 3 ball. Should have never went to the 2nd OT. Both teams are identical on defense and that was one hell of a game. Damn shame JR has no shot at state because of JM. They're beating ER by 40 right now.

13 minutes ago, Tigerking21 said:

Got to foul. JR is deadly with the 3 ball. Should have never went to the 2nd OT. Both teams are identical on defense and that was one hell of a game. Damn shame JR has no shot at state because of JM. They're beating ER by 40 right now.

Shouldn't have went to the first regulation either.  Someone would have to check, but I think Union led near the end of regulation by 6 points with 21 seconds left.

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Shouldn't have went to the first regulation either.  Someone would have to check, but I think Union led near the end of regulation by 6 points with 21 seconds left.

Yes that's correct. 

15 minutes ago, Tigerking21 said:

Nobody is beating John Marshall, but I don't think anyone else in the state would beat Greensville County.  We often think in the West of James River and Union kind of getting screwed with John Marshall competing, but the best team out there in my opinion getting screwed this year is Greensville County.  They are absolutely state title material this year in Class 2 ball, but again.....John Marshall is in the way.

15 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I guess elbows have somehow become legal.  James River is 4 for 4 on uncalled elbows to the face.  I would give em 2 free one's, then somebody is getting decked.  Sorry, just my nature.

yes, and it never got called against Radford either.