Radford vs J. Marshall at 1pm, Auburn at 6:30

BandanaVTDavis4321

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You compete in an open enrollment city and win a state title, the next year you move up 1 to 2 levels of competition in that sport.   

The criteria around Liberty Christian Academy's play within the confines of the VHSL system should also apply to JM.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:05 AM, RadCat said:

The Marshall people seem to have no issue with it and frankly I don't know how it changes.  on the court after the game, Cormany told the VHSL head, that something needs to change and the VHSL person immediately walked away without responding.

Here's what you do,and it's controversial. Win the semis then immediately after post on social media that you will not be playing in the title game due to  protest. Post it to your opponent's sites as well. Don't spend your money on those tickets,those hotels,gas stations and eating establishments. Not only does Richmond and the VH$L lose a buttload of your money,they also lose the JM money as the gym is empty. The only way to fight the VH$L is to hit them directly in their fat wallets.Until this is done,they'll be no changes or notice taken.

I saw a post on here a few months ago about reclassifying these types of programs.  Maybe @sixcatput it on here. It was something NC was doing.  Sounded like a good idea, but these city schools should be bumped up to 5a or 6a.  Based on their successfulness. 

15 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I saw a post on here a few months ago about reclassifying these types of programs.  Maybe @sixcatput it on here. It was something NC was doing.  Sounded like a good idea, but these city schools should be bumped up to 5a or 6a.  Based on their successfulness. 

NC and GA both use a multiplier for charter schools and other schools that can recruit 

10 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

Below is the quoted piece I believe you are referring to. I posted this in the "Question about Liberty Christian" thread back in November.

The North Carolina system is intriguing. It doesn't just rely on ADM figures. They account for athletic department competitiveness. Each school is given an ISP% score. Basically, each sport earns points based on competitiveness, success, and playoff results. That score is transitioned to a "multiplier" that is multiplied by the ADM to achieve the schools "Final ADM Score." The multiplier minimum is 0.25 an the maximum is 1.75. 

For example, Graham and Lebanon are very similar in size, but are not similar in competitiveness across the athletic department. Graham's ISP% multiplier might be 1.5 while Lebanon's might be 0.75. Graham's ADM of 510 is multiplied by 1.5 resulting in a Final ADM Score of 765. Lebanon's ADM of 503 is multiplied by 0.75 resulting in a Final ADM Score of 377.25. Graham would be AA while Lebanon would be A under the NC system. 

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/tra.waters/viz/FInalRealignmentData/Dashboard1?publish=yes

The football playoffs in NC are proving how this system is creating competitive balance in the postseason. NC has 4 classifications with each classification having 4 regions. Of the four classifications, only four #1 regional seeds have reached the state semifinals while 5 double digit seeds have reached the state semifinals. That's 4 regional #1 seeds over 4 classifications, 16 #1 seeds total. The regional game scores are far closer than they have been in the past. 

6 hours ago, sixcat said:

Below is the quoted piece I believe you are referring to. I posted this in the "Question about Liberty Christian" thread back in November.

Thanks couldn’t remember where it was. I know they probably won’t, but this would fix some of the issues with competition in the VHSL. It’s not a complete fix but a good start.